Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich
    Thank you everyone for your replies and tips.

GregAGreatAmerican: What do you mean by "Track Houses?" I understood the rest of what you were saying, but not that part.]

Greg, have you noticed more illegals working on the residential side, or the commercial side? Just curious.

Have a good one,

Ostrich
    Ostrich, track houses, is a neighbor hood where the houses are probably 10 feet apart, here in Idaho they have to have 5ft between the house and property line and the houses all look pretty much the same through out the neighbor hood.
    can't answer the other part as we don't have any illegals here yet, well we might, but we are not very diverse yet, but it comming you can see it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRAVELING BULLETIN BOARD

To everybody out there hanging in the backround yes you!! we invite you to...
    let your voices be heard, Its time to get involved, calls, faxes, and e-mails, post at the links below to let everyone know what you are hearing, it helps our leaders to make decisions on what steps to take next. Lets all let congress know what real Americans Want!!

Instructions here to help you !! "MEMORIAL WEEK CRACKDOWN"
    post results at either link
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... sc&start=0
    LETS RALLY TO "MEMORIAL WEEK OPERATION BRING IT HOME"
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=63301

If anyone can't find information for contacting senators or not sure what to do, just ask, we have lots of nice people to help you

HINT: EASY WAY TO HELP OUT.....When you post on another site with good non-racist patriotic Americans leave behind a Momentous message, the link to ALIPAC ( http://www.alipac.us/index.php ).
    Any donations to help keep ALIPAC afloat will be much appreciated
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    There is no meat packing in my area so the illegals around here are in constuction. Since there are now tougher laws in Colorado against employing them, there are a lot less working in construction now. If they would JUST ZAP the employers for hiring them everywhere, it would MAKE a HUGE difference!!!

Thanks SOSADFORUS. There's got to be a way to attract more Americans to painting and construction in the first place, as well. What I mean is, Americans are attracted to reading, so they never have problems finding booksellers, and Americans are attracted to coffee, so Starbucks and other places never has problems finding mostly Americans to work at those places.

Maybe if more emphasis was put into trade/technical schools, apprenticeships, etc...I don't know...I'm brainstorming. I know alot of young people want to do this type of work, but are probably turned off, because they don't know Spanish and wages in many areas are dropping, but there's got to be a way to get more people passionate about these industries. Because, with passion would come more of a demand to be hired on. Again, I'm just brainstorming, and maybe I'm not being realistic. All I'm suggesting is, perhaps there's another angle (besides enforcement, although enforcement would be the primary tactic) to go after this problem. I'm trying to think outside of the box.

Ostrich

Ostrich, Here in Idaho, our high schools are starting to get kids involved in different constrution fields, there are alot of kids who will never be scholars.
    Our Mayor says we do not give constrution workers enough credit and that today they make construction workers feel like their jobs are menial and I agree.
    I think the place to start is through the schools, we use to have shop classes which were cut out of most schools and I feel they were important. But here in the high schools they have contractors speak at the schools and the kids visit the programs at the college.

Our college students here in Coeur D'Alene build a house every year when it is done there are tickets sold for 100 dallors a piece, X amount of tickets sold, can't remember right now how many. They have an open house and you can see the house and buy a ticket right there.

In July the drawing takes place and some lucky person has a brand new home that cost him a $100, the money collected goes back to the college and into the program.

We also have these student involved in many other projects around town such as landscaping and beautifing the city, its a wonderful program and we have a beautiful town.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Painter/Drywallers

How do you attract more Americans into construction?

Many good people have been driven out of the field by angry, violent, asinine personalities who dominate the industry. Hey, not everyone likes foul mouthed, cheatin', violent jerks!!! Clean up your act ( I mean this generally) and there will be a lot of good, hard working people who will seek jobs--without the need for a flood of aliens.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pitching this idea.

Hey guys I had an idea for a small website dedicated to the companies here in the USA that refuse to hire illegal labor.

The site would be a listing of sorts that would list companies and the cities/states they are located in..

hese companies would have to comply with the voluntary employment verification program and also collect needed data for the DoH's I-9 forms.

While it would be illegal for us to get our hands on the I-9 data it is not illegal for us contact DoH about an employer from time to time to ensure they are complying. Also residents could submit complaints about a company in our listing and we could then sumbit an inquiry or have a local apply for a job and tell us how it goes.

Employers found to be in violation of the USA's Immigration laws or at least highly suspect would be immediately report to ICE by all of our resident users in that area.

I pitched this idea a few times months ago, just seeing if feelings towards it have changed any.

Re: Painter/Drywallers

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    How do you attract more Americans into construction?

Many good people have been driven out of the field by angry, violent, asinine personalities who dominate the industry. Hey, not everyone likes foul mouthed, cheatin', violent jerks!!! Clean up your act ( I mean this generally) and there will be a lot of good, hard working people who will seek jobs--without the need for a flood of aliens.
    Well you are right about that and that is our goal here, it would be a very good start (DEPORT ILLEGALS) they have no right to American jobs, but we also need to start training Americans in these industries, and we need to make people feel proud of the type of work they are doing. they are not menial jobs they are important to the survival and the growth of this country.

SOSADFORUS, I'm really glad that some communities in Idaho are pitching in and training young people, and recognizing that these positions are very important.

The website idea from DRAGONS is also good...kinda of like a website that's out there now, that names the companies that hire illegals, but they also have a section of "Patriotic Companies." I would take the idea a step further (if you already mentioned this, I apologize) and actually use this site for our fellow citizens, whether they are teenagers, people looking for part time jobs, or people looking for full-time work, and direct people looking for work to these companies.

I can contribute the names of a few places in my community that seem to hire only legal workers. Whether they are signed-up with the SAVE program, I don't know.

Ostrich

I think anything that could make a difference is always worth a try.
    The one thing that stops people is fear of failure, but its better to have tried than never have tried at all.
    I know there is a web site out there can't remember the name, that lists businesses who hire illegals and they list busisseses who do not . it is on the net somewhere, maybe someone will read this and give you the name of it so you can see what it is.

April
    You're welcome SOSAD, the more informed and active we are the better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast