Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pat Buchanans view on the Iowa Caucuses

Iowa Reveals Bush’s Destruction Of Reagan Coalition
    By Patrick J. Buchanan

The huge Democratic turnout in the Iowa Caucuses, over twice that of the GOP, and the stampede by independents to vote in the Democratic precincts, suggests that Iowa, a swing state carried by President Bush in 2004, may be lost irretrievably to the GOP in 2008.

Why is Iowa walking away from the GOP? Why did Barack Obama win almost as many votes as all the Republicans put together?

First, Iraq. Parties that march nations into what the people come to see as unnecessary or unwinnable wars face the inevitable consequences.

Truman found that out when he was trounced by Estes Kefauver in New Hampshire in 1952. Lyndon Johnson found that out when Sen. Gene McCarthy captured 42 percent of the vote in New Hampshire in 1968 and was about to humiliate LBJ in Wisconsin. LBJ stood down, before the country threw him down. Richard Nixon took the helm.

The GOP lost Iowa because of its persistent failure to recognize and its refusal to address the anxiety and insecurity of the middle class.

George H.W. Bush's failing in 1992 is the failing of son George W. Bush. With the sole exception of Mike Huckabee, the GOP seems unable to comprehend how throwing U.S. workers into Darwinian competition with foreigners earning one-fifth or one-tenth their wages impacts the Reagan Democrats now deserting the GOP.

A party that used to admonish one and all, "There is no free lunch," cannot see that free trade is no free lunch.

Moreover, the party is mired in the past, looking back to the time of Reagan. Reagan was a good man and a great president, but our time is no more his time than the Eisenhower 1950s were like the 1920s.

While the GOP is in grave trouble, defeat in 2008 is not foreordained. The Democrats are winning not because of the superiority of their candidates or ideas but because the Republicans are perceived as failing. Neither Hillary Clinton nor Barack Obama has the answer to what ails America. Both, and Barack especially, have moved far outside the mainstream of the nation.

"I am the change agent," each of the Democrats proclaims. But when this country is facing an entitlements crisis with Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid—unfunded liabilities adding up to scores of trillions of dollars—is it not madness to promise 50 million people, half of them immigrants, legal and illegal, national health insurance?

Who is going to pay for this when the states are heading back toward bankruptcy, the economy is slowly sinking, U.S. companies are being taxed up to 40 percent and the most successful Americans are already paying half their income to local, state and federal governments?

Does anyone think Democrats have an answer to the immigration crisis that now grips every great American city? The amnesty, the "path to citizenship" they favor, will mean the next invasion will be the last and decisive invasion that makes America unrecognizable.

Does anyone think the Party of Government that depends on government workers and unions at election time can make government more efficient? Does anyone think that a party that depends on teachers unions and the NEA can reform the social Katrina that is inner-city education in America? Was it not Democrats who ran the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana in the time of Katrina?

But the American people want change, and Democrats represent change.

On issue after issue, the Republican Party, if it stood true to its beliefs and purged the twin heresies of neoconservatism in foreign policy and Wall Street Journal ideology in trade and immigration policy, would still stand well with Middle America.

Most Americans are traditionalist on right to life, homosexual marriage, a polluted culture and Hollywood values. Most Americans believe in a defense second to none, while staying out of wars that are not our quarrels.

Conservatives never believed in the United States going into nation-building abroad because they never believed in government nation-building at home. Nations grow organically. They rise from the soil of their own history, culture, faith, traditions.

Republicans believe in conservative judges and strict-constructionists—justices like Antonin Scalia, who do not write the laws, but interpret the laws we have written through our elected representatives.

Democrats know this. Thus, they are not promising us any new Ruth Bader Ginsburgs.

What has alienated America is the Bush bellicosity, the my-way-or-the-highway free-trade ideology, the refusal to defend the border with the implication that anyone who wants to preserve the country he grew up in is some kind of bigot.

The Party of Reagan is losing the country because it is no longer the party of the principles, policies and persona of Reagan, as applied to the problems of our time.

Patrick J. Buchanan needs no introduction to VDARE.COM readers; his book State of Emergency: The Third World Invasion and Conquest of America, can be ordered from Amazon.com. His new book is Day of Reckoning: How Hubris, Ideology, and Greed Are Tearing America Apart

I love to read Buchanans stuff he is really a good writer and clearly sees what is happening to this country.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The guy certainly makes good points, it's sound thinking. It shows you what a mess the buffoon george bush has made of this country. bush will certainly go down as one of the worst presidents in memory. We'll have an amnesty lover in the white house in '08. It's a shame.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Pat forgot to mention Oprah's involvement in Obama's campaign. I think this had a huge impact in his win.

And in the Huckabee corner there was Chuck Norris and the Huckster's guitar playing. I even read that Ted Nugent endorsed him. Oh my, I found that one hard to believe. To me, Iowans are star struck. It's obvious they were hoodwinked.

Opinion only but my feeling is the global elite wish to bring America onto the playing field, low wages, low education, no middle class, its all about world power and greed. Over 40 years now our public schools have been anti-Christian, anti-American, diversity first, anti- military and now we are seeing this come forth in corporate America people who care nothing for this country and their GOD is money. I wish I could see a way out of this mess but in truth it will take some hard times and sacrifice to bring about change.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Pat is spot-on with this one, as usual!! Unfortunately, it sometimes seems as though he's a voice in the wilderness.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Opinion only but my feeling is the global elite wish to bring America onto the playing field, low wages, low education, no middle class, its all about world power and greed. Over 40 years now our public schools have been anti-Christian, anti-American, diversity first, anti- military and now we are seeing this come forth in corporate America people who care nothing for this country and their GOD is money. I wish I could see a way out of this mess but in truth it will take some hard times and sacrifice to bring about change.
    I heard Newt Gingrich on C-Span talking about a different subject, but he said something that I think illustrates the eilite's philosophy towards America. The phrase he used was, "they want to own the wreckage." Again, he was talking about something else, but I think the same idea applies to this. They don't care what they do to the USA because in their greed, they just want to own what's left!!

Maybe some idea or philosophy he heard at a CFR or Bilderberger meeting slipped out?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Do you rember back last summer when we were fighting the Senate, people were talking about the destruction of the Republican party. People in Arizona returning and tearing up their Republican party membership cards. Allot of discussion of Republicans leaving the party, staying home on election day or looking for a third party.

I wonder if that is what has happened in Iowa, Republicans stayed home.
    Bush carried Iowa in 2004, yet as we see the Democrate turn out was over twice the Republican turn out.

If this repeats its self in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Michigan, I would say that Republicans are staying home, and staying home because they see the Republican party as the party of Bush.

A friend of mine who is also active on our side is convinced that we will have a Dem. as the next President. I asked why? What with all the uproar over immigration and the surge in interest in this topic. He said it 's because this is the only issue that Republicans have. I even wonder sometimes if they even have that.

I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I hope we can keep our strength in the House and the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    YEP!! Look at this!!

Huckabee Exposed as New World Order Puppet--
    editor on 29 December, 2007--
    The National Expositor--

"Mike Huckabee recently named Richard Haas (the President of the CFR) as his advisor on foreign policy.----So what does Richard Haas believe in?-----Basically states the Bill of Rights and Constitution should be given up in favor of a cooperative world body run by elite consensus.----Just wait till you see what your children will have to deal with.----Richard Haass: ---states must be prepared to cede some sovereignty to world bodies if the international system is to function.----- Our notion of sovereignty must therefore be conditional, even contractual, rather than absolute."

http://www.nationalexpositor.com/News/840.html
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I will say this. If America elects another pro amnesty globalist into the White House then this country is getting exactly what it deserves. If we continue to be this stupid, then we deserve what we get.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast