Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pelosi: Barring Illegal Immigrants From Citizenship Is ‘Just Not Respectful, And Not

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pelosi: Barring Illegal Immigrants From Citizenship Is ‘Just Not Respectful, And Not

Pelosi: Barring Illegal Immigrants From Citizenship Is ‘Just Not Respectful, And Not Worthy of Our Country’

March 1, 2017

On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” House Minority Leader Representative Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) stated that immigration reform that gives people in the country illegally legal status, but forbids citizenship is “just not respectful, and not worthy of our country.”

After stating that she hopes President Trump is open to immigration reform, Pelosi was asked about whether she could live with a path to legal status for people in the country illegally. She answered, “I think it’s more what our country is about. We have criticized other countries that said we utilize you as a workforce, but you’re not fully present in our country. In my view, it’s very important for us to say the path to citizenship is the dignity that these people –.”

She added, “[I]f it’s something that forbids citizenship, no, I couldn’t sign on to that. If we want to talk about — I think there are plenty of ways we can work in a bipartisan way on immigration. In fact, we have to.”

When asked about a plan that would give legal status initially, and a potential path to citizenship down the road, Pelosi answered, “It’s always just a path. All we’ve talked about is a path to citizenship. … But to be a country that says, we have — not even second-class citizenship, because it isn’t citizenship, it’s just not respectful, and not worthy of our country.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...f-our-country/

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    She added, “[I]f it’s something that forbids citizenship, no, I couldn’t sign on to that. If we want to talk about — I think there are plenty of ways we can work in a bipartisan way on immigration. In fact, we have to.”
    Fortunately many Democrats in the U.S. Congress feel that way. For them no path to legalization will be acceptable unless it includes a path to full citizenship. In the end, that could be what saves us. Of course that is only assuming President Trump keeps his word on no path to citizenship for illegals. We'll see.......

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Fortunately many Democrats in the U.S. Congress feel that way. For them no path to legalization will be acceptable unless it includes a path to full citizenship. In the end, that could be what saves us. Of course that is only assuming President Trump keeps his word on no path to citizenship for illegals. We'll see.......

This is what I hope as well, MW. Democrats will want a whole loaf instead of any compromise.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 03-02-2017 at 02:58 AM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Need to get the Dems voted out!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Need to get the Dems voted out!

The Dem's will strangle themselves and cause there own demise

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn