Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I saw her dang near kissing the new guy on the lips! If I were him I would be washing for weeks! My husband is from California and he can't stand her. He says that she made a lot of demands at the taxpayer's expense. Like she didn't think her private jet was fancy enough so she had to get some crazy expensive jet to fly around in.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    The article:

House Democrats Who Voted Against Pelosi Could Suffer Politically

Published January 06, 2011

The decision by several Democrats not to vote for Nancy Pelosi as House speaker on Wednesday may have been an act of principle or political expediency after the disastrous outcome of November's midterm elections.

But with Pelosi -- who has been cast by some as an iron-fisted ruler -- still in charge of her party in the House for the next two years, those Democrats may find their political ambitions thwarted.

Nineteen Democrats refused to support Pelosi for speaker, including two who voted for each other. And a 20th, Rep. Peter DeFazio of Oregon, who led a failed effort after the election to postpone a vote on the party leader, skipped the day's events.

In the end, the votes against Pelosi were little more than symbolic, since the Republican majority easily elected John Boehner as speaker. But it was the largest number of defections for any formal candidate for speaker since 1997, when nine Republicans voted against House Speaker Newt Gingrich – an embarrassment that Pelosi is unlikely to forget.

Rep. Heath Shuler, D-N.C., who challenged Pelosi for the job, received 11 votes -- a result that he hailed as historic.

"The American people are tired of the usual partisan bickering and gridlock that prevents us from moving our country forward," Shuler said in a written statement. "We need more moderate voices in Congress - on both sides of the political aisle -- that represents the majority of Americans, not just the fringes on the right and left. That's what this campaign was about."

But Shuler's moderate Democratic allies are a dwindling bunch. The Blue Dog coalition of centrist Democrats lost 28 members in November while only three liberals lost.

The other Democrats who received votes on Wednesday were Reps. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, Jim Cooper of Tennessee, Dennis Cardoza and Jim Costa of California, Marcy Kaptur of Ohio and John Lewis of Georgia.

Many of these Democrats blame Pelosi for the beating they took in November. Countless GOP campaign ads had depicted Pelosi and her allies as out-of-touch liberals. Eleven House Democrats kept campaign promises by voting for fellow centrist Shuler.

Pelosi, who has a strong backing from the bulk of her caucus, may send a message when she announces committee assignments. She's done it in the past.

In 2008, Rep. John Dingell lost his chairmanship of the powerful Energy and Commerce Committee after releasing a global warming bill that was seen as a poke in the eye to Pelosi since it would have prevented states like Pelosi's California from setting tougher auto emissions standards than the federal government.

In 2006, Pelosi passed over Rep. Jane Harman for the chairmanship of the House intelligence committee after complaints that she didn't challenge the Bush administration's alleged abuses of intelligence.

But Pelosi's camp rejects the notion that Pelosi acts like a caucus dictator, saying she's not thinking about exacting revenge.

"Democrats are looking forward, and our top priority is creating jobs for the American people," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said in a statement to FoxNews.com. "As we begin the 112th Congress, each proposal will be measured by a simple test: Will it create jobs? Will it strengthen our middle class? Will it reduce the deficit?"

A leadership aide told FoxNews.com that Wednesday's vote was just "symbolic" and that there has been no dramatic changes made on committees in which some of the rebellious Democrats are on. For example, Shuler, who was elected to the Steering and Policy Committee last month, has not been removed, the aide noted.

"The party's priority is to protect all members, but a no vote against caucus unity could hurt them with various base groups like labor, African American groups, Latino community, progressive groups and others," the aide said.

Democrats who voted against Pelosi didn't respond to requests for comment. But DeFazio says he skipped Wednesday's largely ceremonial events because he chose to hear first-hand the concerns of veterans at a meeting at a Veterans Affairs health center in his district. DeFazio was sworn in by House Speaker John Boehner on Thursday morning.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01 ... z1AK16dn7r
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ExCaliGal
    TAKE THE BROOM WITH YA OR ITS GONNA BE WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!!
    "She has to fly on her private BROOM now!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Quote Originally Posted by ExCaliGal
    TAKE THE BROOM WITH YA OR ITS GONNA BE WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!!
    "She has to fly on her private BROOM now!"
    Ha, ha... now that's funny.

Pelosi's little fantasy world of her being a queen is falling apart. I love to see he anxiety and the unbelief in her eyes as she is being brought down from her high horse - um private jet... Such a dimwit who cannot speak a word of sense.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    Glad I didn't have any food or beverage In my mouth when I saw this That was funny

That one shot they got of her on fox he looked like he wanted to hit her with it, Thanks Newmexican, I'm glad I wasn't drinkin nothing either!

You are welcome.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah!
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123