Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Personal email from Heath Shuler re: SPP/NAFTA Superhighway

February 22, 2008

Dear __(Me)__,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your thoughts regarding the Security and Prosperity Partnership. Your views are important to me, and I appreciate hearing from you.

I believe it is important for the United States to continue working with Canada and Mexico on issues of mutual security including terrorism, narcotics and cross-border crime. I will continue to support these international efforts. However, I agree with you that this partnership should not be used in any manner that threatens the sovereignty of the United States.

Congress has not been presented with any proposals to create a North American Union with Mexico and Canada, or to develop a NAFTA Superhighway. Either proposal would require Congressional approval and would certainly be resoundingly defeated in both chambers. However, in the interest of making this position clear, I have cosponsored H.Con.Res.40, which would urge the United States to forbid the Security and Prosperity Partnership from implementing regulations that would create a North American Union with Mexico and Canada or creating a NAFTA Superhighway. This legislation is currently being considered by the Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, of which I am a member. If given the opportunity to act further on this or other related legislation, I will defend our nation's sovereignty.

Again, thank you for sharing your views about this important matter. I encourage you to check my website at www.house.gov/shuler for continued updates on my work, and please do not hesitate to contact me again about those issues that are important to you. It is an honor to serve you in the U.S. Congress.

Sincerely,

Rep. Heath Shuler

MEMBER OF CONGRESS

We need more Dems like him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow, he sure gave you a great response. Thanks for sharing.

i hate to be the spoiler here but what is his voting record like?

I will write him next week to explain that the SPP was specifically created to get things done without legislator approval because those pushing the NAU know Congress objects.

I will write to Mr. Shuler to explain that the authority of Congress has already been usurped.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They all string us along, til the very end...then they sell us out...all of them.

What does he mean "IF" the NAFTA Highway is proposed ? It is being built NOW and Texans are in a battle trying to stop the DOT from taking their land thru imminent domain..
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Great work "Carolinamtnwoman" he sounds like a great guy and one of the few who at least did not send you the standard form letter....which is what I generally get!!

>>>>>ACTION ALERT!!!!2/21<<<<<<
    Please help ( we need YOU!) see if your state is on our list!!
    These are the states fighting to pass illegal immigration laws!

NOW is the time to get involved and be heard!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-629839.html#629839
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

W, tell mr shuler to visit www.corridorwatch.org a grass roots of texans opposing the buliding of any super highway in texas that links mexico to the rest of the US. might want to give him links to the two segments on lou dobbs this week talking about the very super hiighway he says does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I will write him next week to explain that the SPP was specifically created to get things done without legislator approval because those pushing the NAU know Congress objects.

I will write to Mr. Shuler to explain that the authority of Congress has already been usurped.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

W

Good idea W. While the email was, overall, very positive, there seemed to be some mistakes in there.

Mr. Shuler may not even be aware of it since these things are, more likely than not, drafted by aides or other staff.

In any event, bringing it to his attention is the best course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast