Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I had a similiar situation and the correct term is: theft of current, which I was informed of when I contacted my electric company as I was getting bills for $600 a month for electricity. I had my brother who is an electrician check the wiring and I was paying for all of the electricity in the three story dwelling I was living in. The electric company sent out a technician and he also confirmed same and went after the landlord for altering the wiring. I never had to pay the bill and I never heard from them again. In this case justice was done.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think it's the utility company that should be notified of the theft. There's a huge fine for that here in Texas.

MJ

That is outrageous!!!! Like the other posters said, call the media, and call the cops boss, but what ever he does, don't let this go!

And yes, if one of us committed a crime, we'd be in jail!

I lived in an apartment complex outside of Dallas up until last December, and one day towards the end the apt complex staff informed us that the device that measures the water usage of the individual apartments was "too old" and was no longer measuring usage correctly. Their solution, of course, was to just average how much the whole complex was using, and then they would just split up the bill between all the units.

Imagine my surprise when not one but different neighbors stopped me the next day, saying this exact same thing had happened to them at three different complexes in Lewisville. The water bills for all of us almost doubled!

Now here's the good part: these two seperate nieghbors inofrmed me that they knew the real reason the bills were going up--illegals were renting an apt at various complexes in the area and using that apt to have literally dozens of "workers" take showers in them! My friend Bill lived downstairs from one such apt and he said it was nonstop running of water, day in day out, and then they'd emerge from the apt in their various fast food get-ups! He told me the people who actually rented the apt would then take the outrageous water bill to the main office and say the meter was obviously broken since only two people lived there! Bill hadseen this scam at two different complexes, and my other nieghbor had seen it happen at his last complex!

Sure enough around October an apt got rented out across the way from me, and a non-english speaking family moved in. The next thing you know, there were seven children under the age ofthree or four practically living on the porch, and even a casual glance at their apt would let you know that dozens of people were in there, night and day. There was no furniture in the apartment, by the way. The parties started that weekend, people screaming and yelling in spanish, beeping their horns in the parking lot, and blasting music. My friend John lived below that apt! Same old story--showers running all day long, all night long.

Then suddenly one day that apt was empty. The people just disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    That is outrageous!!!! Like the other posters said, call the media, and call the cops boss, but what ever he does, don't let this go!

And yes, if one of us committed a crime, we'd be in jail!
    I totally agree! Its one thing for illegal aliens to fool our foolish government into receiving 'reserved for US citizens only' benefits, but to have the nerve to hoodwink and steal from other people right out in the open in front of their noses like they DERSERVE it, is outrageous!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hoped they got rounded up by ICE and deported. I haven't had the experience of going through this like you all have, it really does keep me pushing for legal immigration. thank you all for sharing your stories.

It seems to me that a tripled electric bill would alert someone anyway. It is one of the signs of a meth lab in operation according to our local news. I'd think the the electric companies would report it themselves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know I shouldn't be surprised at anything by now.....but geeze you guys have really put up with alot. Can't imagine having all my appliances burnt up or be forced to "split" a bill from their abuse. That's terrible.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The parties started that weekend, people screaming and yelling in spanish, beeping their horns in the parking lot, and blasting music.
    You left out the part that this goes on all night long, every night of the week. Oh, man you forgot the D----Dog that barks constantly day and night and the F--- Rooster, Chickens and Goats. Don't forget the guys that get durnk and start fireing their guns off. I've heard a bullet whistle down the street before. Fools, every one of them. No wonder they don't let them have guns in Mexico.

Yes GW, this is the quality of life you are imposing on us.

It seems to me that a tripled electric bill would alert someone anyway. It is one of the signs of a meth lab in operation according to our local news. I'd think the the electric companies would report it themselves.
    Junus, the problem is too many people move in at once and they don't know the difference between usage due to extra people, in the dwelling or like you said a drug lab. My neighbor, real nice guy, lives in a 3 bedroom 1 bath house. 5 moved in and now there are 3 married couples plus kids totaling 10 people and one on the way. The constat traffic and doors slamming. I consider him a nice neighbor and on the quiet side. Believe it or not. The previous resident, ran back to Mexico after filing bankruptcy. That ____ man, just about drove me nuts. I'm glad he is gone.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Why would a electric company be alarmed, usually they are the ONLY company you can use for electricity.. So what u gonna do, call them up and say, I'm switching to your competitor? LOL, what competitor? They are your only source for electricity.

Kind of reminds me of how oil/gas is becoming a big monopoly itself and consumers don't have any choice but to buy from the big monopolies.

But yeah, I can see how one might think this is a sign of a meth lab.. But I wouldn't leave it up to some big electric company to alert anyone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast