Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A personal story from William You're winning

You're not winning till the other side is screaming.

Sometimes I am amazed at the number of conflicts going on around our issue here. It reminds me of what an ancient battle must have been like once two large armies were fully engaged and few soldiers could even hear the cry of their commanders, if their commanders were still standing.

Such is our lot. This conflict is so diverse and so expansive that we have to fight on so many different fronts. It reminds me of ancient battle peaking.

But my story is about lies and what they mean in politics.

I've had a saying for some time now I believe is an original. It goes like this. "In politics you can tell which person is telling the truth because that person will have six others pointing at them screaming liar!"

The truth has a power in politics. It is where the subjective and the absolute collide. The subjective mind may think that by telling itself and all others the spot on the skin is just a mole. But the absolute truth that it is a cancer will eventually overcome the subjective impressions given.

Back in the late 1990's, one of my key mentors was a very accomplished State Representative and Businessman named Linwood Mercer. Linwood passed away back in 2003 and I miss him very much as he was one of the few people in the world I could get good advice on almost any topic from.

Linwood was a political mastermind and a business pro. I could tell you many of the things he did and accomplished, but that would take me off of the point.

The point I want to make is that around 1997 I called Linwood and said "Linwood, my enemies on the local City Council and their faction are going around spreading some of the most outrageous lies about me that I have ever heard. I just can't believe it, nothing like this has ever happened to me before and the things they are saying are just not true!"

I was very distraught when this happened on such a scale. All over town this groups of ultra liberal women Democrats were claiming that I was the political puppet of some local multimillionaire developer they hated and that was just the beginning of the stories.

Linwood laughed when I told him how amazed and upset I was about this. He chuckled for a bit and I could hear the sound of his ice cubes chiming against the glass of his single malt scotch in his hand.

He said look, these people would not be lying about you and not expending so much energy trying to defame you if you were not succeeding in what you are doing.

The next time you hear about a lie they are attempting to spread about you, take it as a sign of your growing political prowess. After all, powerful people and their supporters do not mobilize against an individual unless they feel sincerely threatened by what you are doing and accomplishing.

These words of wisdom gave me a great deal of insight and good deal of peace of mind.

In fact, I learned later that any established political status quo will not go down or be removed without a lot of terrible screaming and gnashing of teeth. In short, if your opposition is not screaming their heads off and doing strange things and using desperate tactics, then you are not doing well enough to win!

So when I look around some days and see all the political mud, blood, and guts being slung around my way I just smile and think back to what old Linwood had to say.

When your enemies try to drag you down, defame you, and lie to others about you, it is because you are winning.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good one William!

W. that was one of the best pick me ups I have heard in a long time! You have a very good and wise friend in Mr. Mercer, and I understand how you must miss him as I lost my good friend a year ago May. I think the truly blessed man is the one who has really good friends. His advice to you was right on,if we weren't making waves here,the illegals would not be screaming and making stupid demands as they are such as telling our Gov. that ICE must cease their raids and enforcement of our immigration laws until Congress makes up their minds to give them Amnesty. To me, that has to be one of the most arrogant demands of all, to tell a country they must stop enforcing their laws because the ones here illegally says so! They seem to really be showing their "stuck on stupid" mentality with comments like that! thanks for sharing your friends advice with us, when we get frustrated with all the screaming from the pro-illegal activist out there we can think of your friends advice, put it into perspective, and have a good chuckle!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

" Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    "methinks thou doeth protest too much"
    And boy, have they ever been protesting.

I enjoy it all, because I see them perverbially squirming in their tight little seats, uncomfortably realizing they could not have things the way they wanted them, simply because they wanted them that way.

My message to all the OLBer's and others, "someday, we all have to grow up and realize we are not the center of the universe, there are other people to consider and life is not always fair!".

Besides, here's the point that is the clincher in this debate: THIS COUNTRY IS RULED BY THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE IN THE MAJORITY, AND YOU..ARE..NOT..IN.. THE..MAJORITY!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That makes perfect sense. But even though they`re sceaming does not mean that we can slack off.
    ------------------------

Time to pour on the STEAM
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I see how far we've come in this battle it's amazing. It's because we are right and quite honestly I know that George Bush and the rest of them know it. Ted Kennedy......I don't know if he even has any brain cells left to make a rational decision for our country.

All of the rest know that rewarding this type of behavior will only bring more. Their motivation is greed and personal gain in hoping to get votes for themselves. That type of politician is not wanted in our country. The situation today is too grave and there is no room for those types anymore.

You're either with us or against us. WE WILL DECIDE.

We, are the real Deciders and don't you forget it Mademoiselle Pelosi.

Very good. I was very angry when I heard on Dobbs this week the other side 'demanding' that all deportations stop, citizenship rights, ect... The claims of entitlement never cease to amaze me... Yet you are right.

Zen moment -I feel calmer now.

What do they say? Youth is wasted on the young. Mr. Mercer sounds like he was an amazingly wise person.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Ted Kennedy......I don't know if he even has any brain cells left to make a rational decision for our country.
    It's obvious he doesn't have any brain cells left. He doesn't even know what is in his "comprehensive reform" bill. It was written by the US Chamber, La Raza, and immigration lawyers. They got together to write it, he just signed off on it. For his part all he does is keep repeating the same things he has said for 40 years! Except they don't apply any more, the situation is totally different now! All he does is make himself look like a senile traitor, which actually he is. I guess pretty much the same thing goes for McCain. Bush is not much different either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast