Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Philippines' Duterte 'bye-bye America' and we don't need your money

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Guam was very important during WWII.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    Why don't we just admit we have a whole host of problems in this country that needs solving and stop trying to tell other countries how to live.

Pres. Bush said we aren't into nation building, but it seems we are really good at nation destruction - others as well as our own.
    This is not about nation building. I can remember when I was in Okinawa during the riots and protests over wanting the U.S. out and to be part of Japan again. The U.S. and the military did not interfere in their government. The military and their dependants were told that Okinawa was their country and we were guests. As guests we had to obey their laws and customs. I wish the illegal immigrants in our country would give us that much respect.

We had fought and won the war, but we paid for the use of the land our military installations were on and even then they still would use the land we were paying for. We were not even allowed to work in the Exchanges or Commissary on the military posts, because once again we were guests. If someone broke into your house and you happened to be there we were not allowed to do anything, because once again it was their country.

When we finally negotiated an agreement with Japan to close bases (Japan did not want the responsibility of Okinawa) we informed the many thousands that worked on the bases that we would retrain them and give them severance pay. This did not make them happy and they started protesting and burning American schools and vehicles to the point that we could not leave the bases. They wanted Americans to leave, but they wanted to keep their jobs.

I know we see all the destruction that has happened in the middle east, but this has nothing to do with the installations we have around the world.

Just stating my thinking on this -

Why do we need installations anywhere - other than our own country?

We do need them now in support of the troops that are fighting around the world. The question then is - why are our troops fighting anywhere? Why are we interfering in other people's business?

Our government has some very hidden, dark agencies that do many things around the world. This includes stirring up people to riot, protest, fight, etc. That way our military contractors can sell them weapons - which of course, the US government gives them the wherewithall to purchase them. If it gets big enough and if there is something there the powers that be want, we can jump in and pretend we are there for humanitarian reasons - or maybe because they have WMD's, nuclear weapons, saw a video etc., etc.

Yes, other countries want us there - they like the money - until they don't want us there.

I do believe our installations around the world are not the cause of the ME problem as such. Our involvement, our military presence around the world and our wars in the ME are just part of the same agenda.
    Our interference in other people's business is the reason we have installations and the fact it provides a lot of business for the military contractors.

We can see our government is capable of letting illegals flood this country, allow them to take jobs, flaunt our laws, harm our citizens, pay no taxes, be supported by our tax dollars, vote in our elections, protest in our streets, get paid education, paid college education, preferences in jobs and college entrances - and more.

We can see our government willingly and knowingly filling this country with people that can't be investigated - even if they had any desire to do so - give them food, housing, loans for business, jobs, all at taxpayer's expense.

Why in the world would we assume our installations around the world were there to protect this country?

The government has already brought the enemy into our country. Maybe none of these people mean us harm - I wouldn't bet on it - but just assume it.

The devastation to our jobs, our infrastructure, our schools, our political system, our healthcare system, our judicial system is enough.
    That is the enemy - even if you don't want to label the people as such.

If we admit our government is doing something so heinous as allowing illegals and others in that will do such harm, why is it hard to believe they would be just that devious in other dealings.

I agree with PE Trump, we need to do something about NATO. Eisenhower who helped set up post war Europe said ""If in 10 years, all American troops stationed in Europe for national defense purposes have not been returned to the United States, then this whole project will have failed."
    Last edited by nntrixie; 12-17-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Eisenhower was just a great man, a true intellectual, a strategist, a common sense, extremely talented person. We should study him more.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    I disagree with you. I think it is very important for us to show a strong military force around the world. Each and everyone of our military installations has a specific purpose. My daughter and her husband just came back to the states from Guam and as much as I hated for them to be so far, I understand that our military has to be in key areas to support our forces. Stop and think about it. These installations supply medical care, storage of weapons, intel functions, mechanical supplies, etc. It is all about logistics. Everything that is needed fast without having to travel back to the states. China would love for the U.S. to close all of their installations in the Pacific.
    You're right, we must protect our interest wherever they may be. To do this we must be strategically posted throughout the world. In my view it's a little naive to think we can just sit in our own little corner of the world and completely ignore the actions of those who would wish us harm. Make no mistake about it, there are countries out there that would love to knock us off our perch. Would folks prefer we take the battle to them when necessary or should we just wait until they bring it to us? Allowing them to bring it to us puts every Americans life in danger ...... our parents, children, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, etc. This is a crazy world we're living in and we must stay on top of things so as not to risk our homeland, family, and way of life.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What exactly are our interests in the rest of the world?

I know that's what we always hear, but the rest of the world belongs to other people. We really have no interest there. Their government is theirs, their land is theirs, their resources are theirs.

Remember, first we were fighting in the ME to keep the oil flowing - when we had, and knew we had oceans of oil under our own country.
    We didn't need their oil.

Then we were fighting to bring democracy. While we were never intended to have a democracy, what passed for our democracy was/is being taken day by day. In fact, while we are pretending we have an interest in other countries' resources, ours are being sold off, given to anyone who wants to walk into the country.

There probably are countries out there that would like to harm us - more today than 20 years ago, that's for sure.

The enemy that is going to destroy us is not one we can fight with any amount of military. The enemy that is going to destroy us is here already.

A Baptist preacher showed me a speech supposedly made by one of the Russian leaders during the cold war. I can't verify it, but it did have some very good points.

When asked about attacking the US, he said they would not need to attack the US.

He said something to the effect, "We will take away their belief in God and their country. We will introduce them to drugs and let's just say 'loose morals.'
    He said "We can then just walk in and take them."

This was quite some years ago I read this. Whether it is authentic or not, it certainly was prophetic.

The enemy is already in the gates - no base anywhere in the world is going to protect us from that.

While we are expending the lives of American soldiers - the youngest and best of our nation - spending borrowed money, waging wars that are not our affair, our country is disappearing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12