Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Please give your opinions!!!!!!!!!! ASAP

Give three reasons please for every viewer who replies!

Question: "Illegal immigrants in America affect our economy by....?

I believe that the criminal rates increase, ???, ????!!!

maybe links to some stats that i could use as well. If not thats fine.

finish the topic

it's for my essay over the fight against illegal immigration.

http://www.cis.org/index.cgi

The National Research Council has estimated that the net fiscal cost of immigration ranges from $11 billion to $22 billion per year, with most government expenditures on immigrants coming from state and local coffers, while most taxes paid by immigrants go to the federal treasury. The net deficit is caused by a low level of tax payments by immigrants, because they are disproportionately low-skilled and thus earn low wages, and a higher rate of consumption of government services, both because of their relative poverty and their higher fertility.

This is especially true of illegal immigration. Even though illegal aliens make little use of welfare, from which they are generally barred, the costs of illegal immigration in terms of government expenditures for education, criminal justice, and emergency medical care are significant. California has estimated that the net cost to the state of providing government services to illegal immigrants approached $3 billion during a single fiscal year. The fact that states must bear the cost of federal failure turns illegal immigration, in effect, into one of the largest unfunded federal mandates

Wages and Poverty

Click here for publications on this topic

Because immigration increases the supply of U.S. labor, it reduces wages or makes jobs more scarce for natives. Job competition between immigrants and natives is especially fierce at the bottom of the labor market, because so many immigrants are employed in the low-skilled/low-wage segments of the economy. When the average American wage exceeds the average Mexican wage by a factor of ten, even the most menial American job can be a forceful inducement to emigrate.

The large number of immigrants with low levels of education means that immigration policy has dramatically increased the supply of workers with less than a high school degree. Although immigrants comprise about 12 percent of America's workforce, they account for 31 percent of high school dropouts in the workforce. This means that any effects on the wages or job opportunities of natives will disproportionately affect less-skilled workers. Immigrants are 60 percent more likely to be employed in low-skilled occupations than are native-born workers.

As a consequence, poverty in the U.S. is increasingly being driven by immigration policy. Between 1979 and 1997, immigrant households increased their representation in the U.S. population by 68 percent, but over that same period their share of the total poor population increased 123 percent. And the gap between the immigrant and native poverty rates is widening - this gap tripled between 1979 and 1997.

One of the factors that is thought to mitigate the consequences of immigrant poverty is entrepreneurship, with immigrant small businessmen supposedly recharging our nation's creative spirit. Unfortunately, research shows that while immigrants were once significantly more entrepreneurial than natives, that is no longer true.

I will give you more in just a minute, having a little problem opening some of the sites.

Anyway Welcom.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Then National Security. with what your about to see. Is just a drop in the bucket of what is going on.

http://www.ice.gov/graphics/investigati ... leases.htm
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

another question to viewers?

How is it affecting you as American citizens in our economy?
    whether it be over taxes, deaths, food, housing, jobs, money, security, criminals, births, ? What does it do to you as the American citizen?

thank you to all you American citizens out there. Please keep the opinions comin!!!!!!!!!!!1

1. Drive down wages.
    2. Take jobs from citizens.
    3. Use emergency rooms as a "health care plan," which (hospitals) cannot afford to pay for these "free" services day in and day out.
    4. Schools cannot teach 40kids per class room of which 30% cant speak english AT ALL.
    5. Crime? read a newspaper! tell me what the nationality of suspects 80% of the time is. Latino! The people mowing yards dont have time to commit crime EXCEPT entering this country ILLEGALLY, which means they are willing to break laws inorder to serve themselves. Arrogant criminals not needed in the US.
    6. They dont improve anything, just trash a place! Southgate, Ca. is a perfect example (research this story) http://www.cityethics.org/southgate . Corruption and violence are a mainstay in latin america and they want the US to be run the same as the places THEY LEFT!

I can go on and on but this will give you a start.

PS -
    I lost my legal new condition vehicle to an ILLEGAL ALIEN who wrecked my car in a broadside collision. I was hit by a drunk illegal w/ no legal right to be here driving a car. Thank God I was not injured since I would have been on my own (only liability ins.) and ruined financially. As it was, I lost my car with no recompense and the ILLEGAL LEFT FOR THE BORDER (after a short night in jail) and was never heard of again. That was in 1995.

huh?

What is this "I believe crime increases" bizzness? It's not a question of what someone "believes" because belief is opinion. If a person looks at the crime stats, which are facts not opinion, you will see that a third of the prison population in California is illegal immigrant.

So yeah illegal immigration vastly increases crime. It's a fact.

thank you BOB C

thank you for your dictionary lesson BOB C, LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast