I am trying to write a letter to the editor about the Indiana legislation against employers of illegals. I can't get it short enough to be published. Would anyone be willing to throw their two cents in and help me edit this?

Thank you

this is my letter:

My husband and I recently moved here because Axxxx looks like a great place to raise our son. The crime rate is low compared to our former residence in California, and the people here are wonderful.

Since our arrival, I have grown very concerned about what is currently a small problem in Axxxxx, but unless action is taken immediately, it will become a nightmare like the one we just left. The problem I am referring to is Illegal Immigration. It is a cancer on our society and culture, which in the beginning seems benign, but grows until there is nothing left.

While in my old town, I watched as hospitals that have been there for generations were closed down. From 1996-2004 a total of 79 hospitals were closed down, primarily because of the Undocumented Worker situation.

This is not even taking into effect the economic ramifications of an undocumented workforce. Although sub-minimum wage is good for the bottom line in businesses, it has demoralizing and drastic affects on US wages. In a recently published Harvard study, Illegal immigrants cost Arizonans at least $1.4 billion in lower wages in 2005. The increase in Undocumented workers has drastically affected the lower-wage earners in this country. These are the workers who can least absorb a drop in wages. This has caused a substantial increase in the number of US citizens living below the poverty level.

I have heard it said that most undocumented workers come to this country for a better life, but not all of them are here for that reason. You have to remember, there is not a single law abiding undocumented worker in this country. The very fact that they are here, against US Immigration law, is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that they do not respect and obey our laws. Just for fun, go online and look at each States 10 most wanted lists. You will find a shocking pattern.

Indiana has the opportunity to protect Hoosiers. Rep. Patrick Bauer is trying to prevent this. The Senate passed Senate bill 335 by a 37-11 margin. These Senators understood the need to take care of the citizens of this great State. Call your representative today and demand that Rep. Bauer stop kissing up to big business and to do the right thing by the people of Indiana