Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Please post your reaction to this 1998 story about Tancredo

Please post your reaction to this 1998 story written by Patricia Calhoun about Cong. Tom Tancredo: http://www.westword.com/Issues/1998-12- ... lumns.html . Bear in mind that the author of this article is very sympathetic to illegal aliens and probably disagrees with Cong. Tancredo on nearly every political issue. Here is a link to an article she recently wrote: http://www.westword.com/Issues/2005-05- ... lhoun.html .

After I read this article, I see Cong. Tancredo as a man or courage. He overcame a challenge in his life. He has openly discussed that challenge. I think he would be a great leader of this country.

tms

TT and I went to the same high school in North Denver, which has since moved. North Denver has a higher population of Hispanics. I just wonder how many of these people are from illegal immigrants

Yes, and I agree with you! .
    __________________________________________________ _____________

"There are people in the administration, and in Mexico, and in Congress, who believe that we should do away with borders entirely. Their ultimate goal is to create this hemispheric ‘free trade’ area consolidating all of North and South America into some kind of ‘United States of the Americas." -Tom Tancredo
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

[quote="tms"]TT and I went to the same high school in North Denver, which has since moved. North Denver has a higher population of Hispanics. I just wonder how many of these people are from illegal immigrants

__________________________________________________ ___________

Tancredo gave an outstanding speech to the New Hampshire Republican State Committee in Concored, New Hampshire, on June 11, 2005, that was broadcast tonight on C-Span's "Road to the Whitehouse."

[quote="tms"]TT and I went to the same high school in North Denver, which has since moved. North Denver has a higher population of Hispanics. I just wonder how many of these people are from illegal immigrants

__________________________________________________ ___________

Your Tancredo sticker looks great!

What did the second article have to do with Tancredo?? It was just another sob story about illegals going to school here and the interference of the ACLU in our federal laws.

I don't think having panic attacks makes anyone 'crazy'...if it does we have many many millions of 'crazy' Americans. It's evidence of a person under extreme stress and most often it's a young person who hasn't yet developed the critical faculties to deal with the complex issues that American life insists on clobbering us with on a daily basis.

I guess I'm a little crazy, too, but I was smart enough early on to figure out that if you're not a little whacked by the time you're thirty...you're haven't been smart enough to figure out what the heck is going on.

What makes me craziest? Marketing. Everywhere I turn someone is marketing to me. Ads on television, flyers in my mailbox, spam in my email, telephone solicitors. Marketing twentyfourseven drives me straight up the wall.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

So what else is new?

I live in Aurora a suburb of Denver and I voted for Tancredo before they changed the Congressional districts. I now have a Republican named Beauprez who wants CAFTA and supports amnesty as far as I can tell and I will not vote for him in the future.

The thing you have to understand is that the bleeding hearted liberal community in the city of Denver hates Tancredo. The rest of Colorado is conservative although a few hundred thousand more illegals could change that! These people, who hate Tancredo, are Democrats including a lot of Hispanic Chicano types with chips on their shoulders going back to 1965. The Denver Post, a paper I read, but never BUY, is loaded with good bleeding hearted liberals. The OTHER paper, the Rocky Mountain News STILL has a conservative bent BUT has writers like Johnson and Littwin who love illegals and why only God knows? Well, Johnson worked as a manger at McDonalds where he had ILLEGALS all around him. Littwin? He was a sports reporter before he went to news and maybe he thinks they, immigrants are all baseball players from the Dominican Republic?
    It is the old bleeding hearted liberal let us feel sorry for them until it is too late?

North High School? One of the Rocky writers did a series on North, a predominately Hispanic High School, BUT 57% of Denver Public Schools is Hispanic and Aurora, where I live is getting there too. ILLEGALS! Excuse me "undocumentad immigrants" as the Post says. NEWS will still say ILLEGAL...POST will not.

Anyway, this writer, in her article, explained that on any given day as many as 400 of North's 1800 students don't even show up for school. They have school officials go and knock on the studetns houses doors looking for them. (Juanito se fue a Mexico?) Juan went back to Mexico is heard a lot I understand. Of course, a BIG Mexican flag ended up in one story and there was a big outcry over that!

Calhoun of Westword? Bleeding hearted liberal. BTW Westword has two full pages of hooker ads in the classified section so what do you expect from her.

Funny thing is hehehehehe hahahahahha as much as they HATE Tancredo he just keeps getting more popular and it drives them nuts!

Never buy the Denver Post or Rocky Mountain News....they are now the same business wise...readership is down..TOO LIBERAL for me but look at my rotten Beauprez Congressman the Republican? Sucking up to the businesses that want the cheap labor and Beauprez is a banker too so guess what? His banker friends get a cut on all that money going back to Mexico!

So what to do in Denver when your alive and are tired of illegals? Move to a rich white suburb where the kids go to good public schools and get away from it.....we maybe moving soo too! White only meaning IF you have MONEY! It isn't really a white thing but a money thing.

BTW The city of Boulder 30 miles North of Denver has more liberal DEMOCRATS than anywhere in Colorado but guess what? LESS minorities live there than anywhere else in Colorado. The public schools are the some of the best....my point? The bleeding hearted liberal Democrats are hypocrites to the core! They love affirmative action and illegals but don't live anywhere near them. This Calhoun may even live there?

tms

TT went to Holy Family High School.

We don't have money either we are struggling just to have a nice place to raise our daughter, it really isn't about the schools either, it's about being away from the crime, drug activity and illegals. I am unemployed now so it will be harder.

I am so surprised when my husband's sister comes back from college and says I have never seen so many white people before I miss the "diversity" we had in California. Her college is close to one of the biggest Mexican gang territories in Cali. She gets so upset when we talk about illegals too and the illegal immigration problem. I see diversity in Douglas County; I see African American’s, Hispanics (when I say that I say 100& american, you know what I mean people), and Korean’s. I have been seeing more African American’s in my town and I am beginning to wonder is it because they are moving because of the illegals too, jobs? I know apartments in my town are still fair priced because people all live in houses or want houses to live in.

Moving to the suburbs isn't going to work; Illegal Immigrants are here now in Parker, Lone Tree, Castle Rock, Broomfield, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Castle Rock etc. It’s spreading. I see them at the stores, parks, every fast food place or restaurant etc. I live in Douglas County, we moved from Aurora because our old apartment building was renting out one whole building out to illegals and probably more units. The leasing office told me at the time they leased the whole building to a company who transfers or assigns workers out here to work. There was nothing they could do about who moves in. More crimes, thefts, drug activity, trash, strange people driving around at night starts happening. We had to move also because a meth lab was found in the building next to ours. This apartment complex used to be a very nice to live place 5 years ago. This wasn't even a bad part of Aurora. You would be surprised. It is a big problem when management takes over and lets anyone move in.

The other day in the mail box I just got a cell phone ad all in Spanish from Verizon or some company no English on it anywhere. What's next?

"The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    What did the second article have to do with Tancredo?? It was just another sob story about illegals going to school here and the interference of the ACLU in our federal laws.
    RR
    The only reason I included the second Patricia Calhoun article was to demonstrate her pro-illegal alien bias. I wanted everyone to keep that bias in mind when reading the first article about Cong. Tancredo.

I agree with many statements in your post.

Thank God, Mexico is no longer head of the OAS. I look forward to seeing someone who will actually be a positive influence and encourage education in the americas instead of racial tensions like Mexico has.

Re: So what else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by JackSmith
    I live in Aurora a suburb of Denver and I voted for Tancredo before they changed the Congressional districts. I now have a Republican named Beauprez who wants CAFTA and supports amnesty as far as I can tell and I will not vote for him in the future.
    Thank you for the information about Denver and Boulder. I learned a great deal from reading your post.