Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Please vote for Cong. Tancredo in poll at RedState.org

Here is a link to a poll at Red State.org: http://www.redstate.org/story/2005/8/12/173437/694 . It may be necessary to register to vote in the poll.

Thanx Tancredofan for the weblink. I did vote and he has 45% of the vote currently.

There is an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal today on immigration. The weblink is below:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110007108

One can respond to the article which I did. Below is how I responded. Some of the other responses are interesting also.

If I were grading Bush on the immigration issue it would be a big fat doughnut! What a disgrace to the American public he is doing as well as his predecessor did on this issue. Do I remember something in the Oath of the Presidency about defending the borders or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

President Bush we know you are totally ignoring the enforcement of the immigration laws by looking the other way and under funding border security. We also know you do not want a round table discussion of this issue of ordinary legal citizens. We know you don't want to defend your lack of enforcement of immigration laws to us or even to the liberal media. Don't ever try to say you're providing Border Patrol. That is like giving police billy clubs and guns with no bullets to go fight crime. It is a disgrace what you are doing in the name of 'power' and 'greed' for yourself and the businessmen you represent. You cannot be serious about Home Land Security by leaving the borders so porous.

I wonder would you have the IRS look the other way if I chose not to file my Federal Income Taxes next year? I think not. If this country cannot survive without illegals working here, my friend the game is already over. I on the other hand believe this country was built on hard work from the hands of legal citizens and I don’t buy the idea that we cannot survive without illegals. Show me a President or someone running for President who believes in securing the borders and immigration enforcement and I will vote for him/her. Yes there are a very few who fit that mold.

It is idiotic to spend millions trying to protect the front door at airports while leaving the back door open and virtually unguarded. That is insane and I would tell it to any of you Congressmen and Congresswomen. The only thing worse than the President Bush's immigration policy is the Democrat's, in general, policy toward immigration. Hillary's plan is no different than what her husband Bill did all this term......say whatever will fly in the wind. She is trying to play ping-pong with immigration and that won't work either Hillary. You also get a big fat doughnut. I think Smoky The Bear could do just as well as what is going on with immigration right now. ‘Guest worker’ designation……give me a break. They are ‘illegal’ plain and simple period. Now get off your duffs and enforce the immigration laws or go home.

There is coming a day when we legals will be bled dry and we cannot pay for the on-demand benefits for illegals. Why you so called wise in DC can't understand or realize that is beyond me. My only explanation is that you in DC believe you are the only ones who have any answers worth anything. I wish all of Congress would just go home to your districts and dress incognito and talk with your constituents. I think that is the only what you would really know what we are thinking.

It is my hope President Bush will be buried in Mexico where he belongs.

You Republicans have some things to think about.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

Do I remember something in the Oath of the Presidency about defending the borders or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

After digging a little deeper into this oath thing, looks like I was wrong about defending the borders. The oath is about defending the Constitution. Maybe we should also put defending the borders in there also and make it a requirement or replace the president with one that wants to defend our borders?
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.