Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks, I'll do that.

I do believe the voting machines are not a good thing and that the government is paying for them for very bad reasons.

Our county is kinda large in size, not so large in population. It only has 3 towns - largest 3,000. There are however, a lot of little communities that have polling places, at churches, stores, old school buildings, etc.

The government sent the county some money on the Vote America (I think) program. It was only enough money to purchase two voting machines - so the commissioners decided that they should close all the polling places except two. This would cause people to drive 40 miles or more, 1 way, just to vote.

Now this country probably only cast 2,000 votes, at the most in the last pres. election - and somehow we need electronic voting machines????

How long does it take to count 2,000 paper ballots???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

nntrixie,

Silly me, but I want a PAPER trail.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I went over to the move on website but that picture of poor Al Gore advertising his global warming movie sent me hi-tailing out of there!

So instead, remembering the last gubernatorial election here in WA(oh wait, we found some uncounted ballots in a closet/what do you mean dead people can't vote?/homeless people can't all use an empty building for an address?/too bad the troops didn't get their ballots on time) and wondering how to know/report/etc. any 'undocumented voters', I searched for WA state voting and came up with blackboxvoting.org. Some pretty interesting info about voting machines. The 'black box' reference is to ALWAYS having a video recorder with you.
    Americans First!

Quote Originally Posted by HomeOfTheBrave
    I went over to the move on website but that picture of poor Al Gore advertising his global warming movie sent me hi-tailing out of there!
    What a LAUGH & I thank YOU, Home!!

That turkey really is frightening, isn't he
    Like carter, that man has gone from crazy to certifiable
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2nd I agree!

Must be something about public office.

Last summer we had a water shortage here. On the evening newscast the anchor told us governor Gregoire mentioned some things we could do to help out ...take fewer showers(pee-u), flush only when necessary(eww peeee-u) and brush every other tooth. My daughter and I sat there in stunned silence, not sure if we heard correctly . But yes, we both heard the same words. The news anchor wasn't laughing so we figured it was to be taken seriously. Didn't know if we should laugh or cry at being stuck with her in office.

J
    Americans First!

curiouspat Me, too.

I think the answer would be small precincts, paper ballots, thumbprints when you vote.

If we had small precincts, one person could be a hired individual and the others volunteers. It would be cheaper than the voting machines. If any recount was needed, the ballots would be there ready and waiting for a recount. No chads, pregnant or otherwise.

Homeofthebrave I had actually thought of taking a camera to record your vote.

It is all unnecessary - totally unnecessary.

My county has decided to have mail in only voting. It's so convenient, you know.

I will send mine signature confirmation so at least I will know it got there. But how will I know it was counted?
    Americans First!

When voting time somes around lets organize protests at voting stations, demanding proof of citzenship for EVERY voter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12