Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Here's what Mark Krikorian from the CIS wrote about this in the National Review Online:
    ------------

Monday, March 31, 2008

Poll: You Can Fool Some of the People All of the Time [Mark Krikorian]

A new survey I commissioned demonstrates how McCain's malarkey about supporting enforcement has succeeded in duping a significant number of voters. The poll (complete results are here) found that only 34 percent of people who voted for McCain in the primaries and caucuses knew that he favored a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants (the word "amnesty" never appeared in the survey questions). Meanwhile, 35 percent of his voters thought he favored attrition of the illegal population through enforcement, 21 percent didn't know his position, and (this is my favorite) 10 percent thought McCain's position on illegal immigration was "a program of mass roundups and deportations." What's more, 58 percent of McCain voters said that, regardless of who was elected president, they themselves would oppose legislation to legalize illegals.

The moral of the story: McCain's nomination does not represent a mandate for open borders.

03/31 10:07 PM

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... EwZWIwZjU=
    Yep, I agree.

And, I agree with W in the immediate above as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not only that, but:

a). He is on record that he will 'secure the border first' (ok, take it for whatever you think it is worth....)

and

b). He will have to fight with Congress to get any law passed that will grant Amnesty and I think people tend to underestimate the difficulty in making that happen, especially considering that most of McCain's admitted supporters don't agree with him in fact on the policy. That is sure to bubble it's way to the surface and be a big rift later on... () Remember, also, that Dems will have this exact same problem (dealing with Congress) too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Phred" that is if the people elect the right people into congross this year...we have alot of retireing Republicans
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Not only that, but:

a). He is on record that he will 'secure the border first' (ok, take it for whatever you think it is worth....)

and

b). He will have to fight with Congress to get any law passed that will grant Amnesty and I think people tend to underestimate the difficulty in making that happen, especially considering that most of McCain's admitted supporters don't agree with him in fact on the policy. That is sure to bubble it's way to the surface and be a big rift later on... () Remember, also, that Dems will have this exact same problem (dealing with Congress) too.
    That is correct.

These people are I have dubbed as "sound-bite voters". They don't know the debt of ANY issue let alone illegal immigration. That is why our voices are so important to talk to people who already agree with us and feel they need numbers so that their voices are heard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123