Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Poll: Who Should Be Donald Trump’s Secretary of State?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rudy works for me. He's known all over the world, he's run and managed the second largest city in the United States, he was Mayor of a City that experienced the worst attack of any kind on US soil, he's traveled across the world since then, he's tough, he's smart, he's a lawyer, he reduced crime in New York, he protected New York City from future terrorist attacks, and he's ALL IN for Trump, this administration, our country and the American People.

Name Rudy to Secretary of State and move on! Stop all this Romney insanity. Mitt Romney didn't even have the diplomatic skills to avoid insulting London during their Olympic Games, remember that? He's not a diplomat at all. He's technocrat. We've got plenty of those and don't need one in this important position.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What is Giuliani's stand on illegal immigration? As a mayor of New York, a target destination for a good part of the country's illegal immigrants and also a kind of icon of immigration in general, we should be especially sensitive to his history of opinions on the subject. Even more important, as a mayor of New York, he should have been actually doing something about illegal immigration.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Rudy's real "Bulls**t"

By Michelle Malkin • July 21, 2007 12:33 PM

A liberal blogger at Talking Points Memo is trying to stir up the conservative pot by posting old video of Rudy saying “Bulls**t” at a police union rally in 1992. TPM claims Rudy “screamed” and was “unhinged.” Not:

I’ve expressed my disapproval before when public figures use profanity in public. But making a big deal out of Rudy’s remark at an NYC rally and trying to score some kind of gotcha to embarrass social conservatives who might support Rudy makes the Left-o-sphere look even more ridiculous than they already are. Ace has a profanity-laced satire of this dumb tempest in a B-pot. Ann Althouse adds:

Some people don’t like the harsh word “bullsh*t” — and I’m modifying it here with an asterisk out of my bullsh*t fear of filters — but it’s a normal and useful word. I’m sure cops appreciate it. Using it doesn’t make you crazy, and I’m positive TPM doesn’t think it does. TPM is simply trying to hurt Rudy’s chances with conservatives so he won’t get the nomination and get his chance to win over liberals.
    Besides, there are far better examples of Rudy’s B.S. that should set grass-roots conservatives’ teeth on edge. Like his denial that he supported illegal alien sanctuary policies as mayor of NY. From the Observer blog:

At a town hall-style meeting with about 100 voters at a technical college in Concord on Tuesday, Giuliani encountered a voter who asked why the former mayor made “New York City a sanctuary for illegal aliens.”

“You must be talking about another candidate,” said Giuliani, who went on to argue that his administration urged the federal government to deport as many illegal immigrants as possible.

“Here are the three areas that you have distorted into this view that I gave sanctuary to illegal immigrants,” said Giuliani, turning his back on the voter and addressing the other voters, seated on couches and loveseats around him.

He said that, as mayor he had to make sure that all kids went to school, that everyone needed access to hospitals and that illegal immigrants needed to be able to inform the police about crimes without fear of deportation.

“That’s why you are wrong,” said Giuliani.

“As mayor of New York City,” he said. “If I was nothing else, I was rational and sensible.”
    As I reported in my book Invasion and noted many times since, Rudy wasn’t just a passive supporter of illegal alien sanctuary laws. He fought the federal government in court to keep New York’s policy in place:

New York City’s sanctuary policy was created in 1989 by Mayor Ed Koch and upheld by every mayor succeeding him.

When Congress enacted immigration reform laws that forbade local governments from barring employees from cooperating with the INS, Mayor Rudy Giuliani filed suit against the feds in 1997. He was rebuffed by two lower courts, which ruled that the sanctuary order amounted to special treatment for illegal aliens and were nothing more than an unlawful effort to flaunt federal enforcement efforts against illegal aliens. In January 2000, the Supreme Court rejected his appeal, but Giuliani vowed to ignore the law.
    The Twin Towers are gone and Giuliani is out of office, but the city’s policy of safe harbors for illegal immigrants stands.
    When Rudy denies he crusaded for illegal alien sanctuary policies, that’s B.S.

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/07/21/rudys-real-bullst/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Rudy's real "Bulls**t"

When Rudy denies he crusaded for illegal alien sanctuary policies, that’s B.S.

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/07/21/rudys-real-bullst/

Thanks for that MW.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    What is Giuliani's stand on illegal immigration? As a mayor of New York, a target destination for a good part of the country's illegal immigrants and also a kind of icon of immigration in general, we should be especially sensitive to his history of opinions on the subject. Even more important, as a mayor of New York, he should have been actually doing something about illegal immigration.
    I think when he was Mayor he was favorable to them on certain levels.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12