Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: President Trump and the Black vote

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Africa had the first slaves...the Irish, they raped and tortured them, many were never found.

Africa sold their own people, as slaves, why NO mention of that? Maybe she should follow those roots what they did to their own people. How traumatic is that...that your own family, in your own country, were sold as slaves???

Look what they still do to their own people...this is 2018...pretty traumatic what is going on in the entire Continent of Africa.

It was OK to sell their people as slaves but not ok for people to buy the slaves. Got it. Plenty of blame on BOTH sides of this issue.

Do they have PTS over that? So the black people do not "own" any of this? Just whitey.

Do Germans have Post Traumatic Nazi Syndrome?

Who is still alive that worked on a plantation or in Nazi Germany that they have this PTS? How do people have PTS for something they never were subject to?

You can honor it, you can honor what happened to Jews, you can honor the wrongs of the past but to say you LIVE these things is absurd.

I would like to know what "plantation" she worked on to have this PTS? Maybe she should not live in the "skin" of the past...hasn't done a bit of good for the last 150 years to keep living in "that skin"...has it?

"Live in the skin"? How about live in your present "skin"...not the past and move on.

Not forget, honor...but move on already.
    Last edited by Beezer; 03-31-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    Yes, the author may be African American. He may be an "undiagnosed" African American suffering from a particular mental disorder, in order for him to write that piece. See video.

I'm white and I can see hypocrisy, double standards and flat white supremacist talking points being spoken around me daily. I wonder why others cannot. It's a real space that I live in. If blacks are not flocking to the Republican Party en mass, there has to be a reason, not summed up as they are all misinformed or too ignorant to know what's good for them.
    I've given you valid reason. Listen to see if Black Americans' arguments make sense.

Here's a thought experiment:
    Pretend that you are really black. The love you hold for European culture, heritage and norms are transferred over to your new African American You. Read blogs, postings, comments and articles by people that you share the same position with on immigration. You will see what they see. I guarantee. I don't blame African Americans at all for their actions because, in the end, it gets them nowhere. The funny/sad thing about it all, Black Americans know and others are so puzzled maybe due to their own myopic view of how to view and respect fellow Americans.
    *The previous statement was not referring you, Judy, personally*

BTW, the wife read the post where I called you my Patriotic Sister. She said, "Set another place at the dinner table for our Patriotic Sister! You are well loved on our end. I'll let her know that you liked that thread.

I'm sorry for the long post but if you could spare 5 minutes.
    Please start at the beginning until exactly five minutes. The good doctor has some ether for our souls.

Please tell your wife, thank you so much, and when is dinner?!!!

There is nothing at all that any of us walking our nation today can do to change the terrible abomination of slavery in our country. It was a scourge of eternal historical proportion. The 100 years following the end of slavery was but another scourge of its own. Black Americans just need to remember that it was Republicans who ended slavery, it was Republicans who ended Black Codes, it was Republicans who passed the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments, it was Republicans who passed the first US Civil Rights Act, and the second US Civil Rights Act and it was our original US Civil Rights Act that was ruled unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court in the late 1800's, that was eventually passed in 1964 and it was our Voting Rights Act that was passed in 1965, it was Republicans who argued on behalf of the Brown versus Board of Education Supreme Court Ruling, and it was Republicans who eventually enforced it in the South. The Republican Party is not racists or klan members, the farthest thing from it. The racists were and are in the Democrat Party, it's why they don't care about the harm illegal immigration poses to black Americans, it's actually the reason for it. They don't want blacks moving up and out of their ghettos in the inner cities. It is Republicans who to this day and especially now under Trump who want to break that trap and either find enough jobs for the inner cities and rural areas where black poverty is so high or help them find jobs and higher incomes in other areas like all other Americans do. Either way, doesn't matter, it's jobs and incomes that matter, because that is where the freedom is, where the jobs are or can be created.

Family is very important to black Americans, perhaps more so than other Americans which is perhaps why it's harder for them to decide to move to a new area for work. The reason I say this is because of where I live now and learned something I didn't know before, and that is how important Memorial Day is for black Americans. I don't know if this is the case across the country, but I think it might be. How I learned this at least in my now southern region I live in, a manufacturing plant, one of our largest and highest paying, went on strike over Memorial Day Holiday. The plant has to ru n 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year, except for a shut down to service all the equipment which they do during July 4th holiday. All the other holidays, they reduce production and schedule skeleton crews to operate during the holidays. Well, I was aghast that workers would risk going on strike over a Memorial Day Holiday. I was just dumb-founded over this, at a time when industries are closing up all over the place over far less serious issues than a strike, and moving their operations to other countries. So I inquired. Well, what I learned was that the black workers in this union were insistent absolutely insistent that their union contract be amended so that all employees could be off work for Memorial Day Holiday because this holiday is the big one of the year for them, it's when they travel and other members travel and everyone convenes at the place where their ancestors are buried and they honor and celebrate for the entire weekend. I was so touched by this, it still brings tears to my eyes when I think about it, because here was something that was so important to them that most of us didn't even know or were aware of. Even of greater risk to these workers of a plant closing was the fact that the company had been acquired by a French company a year or so earlier, and they were threatening closing the plant because they didn't want to cater to all this local cultural stuff they didn't understand.

Well, the story had a happy ending, and the workers got their Memorial Day Holiday included in their contract, it costs the company millions and millions of dollars, but the French ultimately agreed. It was a pretty long strike, too, several months, but eventually the French understood. they approved it and then a few years after that sold the company back to Americans. The plant is operating very successfully to this day.

Learning about this gave me a possible explanation for why so many black Americans stay put in bad areas, I think it's at least in part if not large part because of family and staying together. If that's true, then Trump and Carson need to really focus hard on Trump's desire to rebuild the inner cities, even if credit goes to the Democrats who control the areas. But they have to do it differently that prior efforts, Trump knows this, because he's redeveloped a lot of run down areas in a lot of cities, so he knows how to do it. You have to do it based on jobs first, then the redevelopment to follow.

I wish we could snap our fingers and make it all go away and fix it all right here, right now, but take my county where I live, over 22% poverty rate, mostly black Americans in that group, Democrat control ever since I've lived here. It's a purple state but the region of the state where I live is very blue. It's an odd thing to me. There's no explanation for what's going on here except deliberate steering of new investment in housing and retail in white areas instead of black areas of the primary city. It's not the fault of the elected representatives on city council or county commission, it's white Democrat staff who are racist, there's no other explanation for it. They cater to the old money which is agricultural money and the fortunes were earned during the slavery period and they position themselves not on the city council or county commission but on these "boards" and make their recommendations that way, out of sight or accountability. It's all very clever how it's done. But quite sickening at the same time.

Well, we aren't going to solve all the problems in a few posts, but it sure is nice to be able to talk about them and throw some findings, facts and ideas out there for people to consider and think about.

Trump knows this stuff and fixing it is one of the motivations behind his running for office. Stopping this incessant illegal immigration and reducing legal immigration are the best ways to expedite cures to poverty when you are also simultaneously fixing our bad trade deals and making our business climate competitive by reducing business taxes and excessive regulations, for all Americans, but especially black Americans, because income equality is about numbers and money.

When you don't control the numbers, you can't control the job money, and when you can't control the job money for Americans, Americans will lose every single time. The jobs have value and when you don't protect your valuables, you will lose them, just as when you don't protect your businesses, industries and jobs, you will lose them all, which means you lost your money because you didn't control the numbers or the source of your money. If you don't protect it, you will lose it. Law of the Universe.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Africa had the first slaves...the Irish, they raped and tortured them, many were never found.

Africa sold their own people, as slaves, why NO mention of that? Maybe she should follow those roots what they did to their own people. How traumatic is that...that your own family, in your own country, were sold as slaves???

Look what they still do to their own people...this is 2018...pretty traumatic what is going on in the entire Continent of Africa.

It was OK to sell their people as slaves but not ok for people to buy the slaves. Got it. Plenty of blame on BOTH sides of this issue.

Do they have PTS over that? So the black people do not "own" any of this? Just whitey.

Do Germans have Post Traumatic Nazi Syndrome?

Who is still alive that worked on a plantation or in Nazi Germany that they have this PTS? How do people have PTS for something they never were subject to?

You can honor it, you can honor what happened to Jews, you can honor the wrongs of the past but to say you LIVE these things is absurd.

I would like to know what "plantation" she worked on to have this PTS? Maybe she should not live in the "skin" of the past...hasn't done a bit of good for the last 150 years to keep living in "that skin"...has it?

"Live in the skin"? How about live in your present "skin"...not the past and move on.

Not forget, honor...but move on already.
    Good points, Beezer, but I think there's a fear, a deeply embedded fear that somehow, some way, this could happen again to them. I think that's the trauma, that's the hold up. Look at how many times black Americans thought they were free only to find out they weren't really. Black Codes, Jim Crow, Red-Lining, Steering, Voter Suppression, Targets in War on Drugs, Union Busting, Illegal Immigration, Massive Legal Immigration, Police Brutality, Work Force Discrimination, HUD Housing Ghetto Traps, Protests of Discontent, etc., etc., etc. It's not over for them, it really isn't. It should be, but the truth is, it's not over. But it's not Republicans who are responsible for this, it's Democrats. Until Trump, Democrats controlled education, colleges and universities, immigration policy, inner cities, unions, courts, banks and trade policy. Until Trump, I don't think we had a Republican since Richard Nixon who was willing to take on the swamp to fix it. Whether he can or not, we don't know, but we know he'll try and if he can fix some or perhaps even all of it, he will.

But I commend your encouragement to honor the past, never forget, and move on. It's way past time for black Americans to open up a little more, trust more people, and realize they have the support of the majority of the American people, especially American citizens, and they have the VAST majority of the Republican Party behind them all the way, every day of the week and twice on Sundays and always have.

To understand how cruel the Democrat Party is, just look at what they did to our Vietnam Veterans. They draft them by the hundreds of thousands into a stupid useless war with no authority to win, then accuse them of "atrocities", label them "baby killers", and protest and riot against them when they come home. That is the same wickedness of the DemoQuack Party that keeps the fear of the past alive in many black Americans. And for the record, it was Republicans who ended the draft and the war in Vietnam, Richard Nixon, the same President who enforced Brown versus Board of Education and desegregated the schools in the south. It should also be remembered that it was DemoQuacks who with the same disgusting wickedness who were going to impeach the President who ended their war, put an end to their racist draft, and ended segregation. People who think Richard Nixon was going to be impeached over Watergate, weren't paying attention. Richard Nixon was going to be impeached because of his policies on war and equal rights for black Americans.

Do most black Americans know this? I doubt it, most Americans don't know this. It didn't come out because Nixon chose to save the country any more turmoil and resigned. Richard Nixon was one of our greatest Presidents, don't ever let a DemoQuack convince you otherwise. After all, it was Richard Nixon who wrote Donald Trump many years ago and told him he should run for public office. The Nixon Legacy continues ......

Last edited by Judy; 03-31-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My point is stop "living in the skin" of the past.

Forgive YOUR own African ancestors who did this to you and sold you into slavery and forgive this country for their part in it. Anybody who thinks this is all "whitey's" fault is delusional and in denial. Maybe your country should "right" that "wrong".

Africa still has slaves and commits atrocities against their own people to this day. How about this "lady" go there and give a speech on that??? If she does not like America, she is free to leave any time. Please do, because we are sick of people like her continuing to create this divide and foster the hate and this race card.

We all know what happened, we all know it was wrong. We do NOT need to continue to have these people stoke the fire of hate for something that happened over a CENTURY ago.

Stop beating this issue over, and over, and over, and over again for something that happened over 150 years ago. How has that worked out for anybody? Not so much. None of these people today, who continue to beat this issue to death, were even living OR born at that time! They do this at their own peril, will never be happy and never grow and prosper in life.

Don't forget...we get no thanks or recognition for all the white people who fought, lost their lives, their money, their farms, their livelihood, their families to FIGHT to right those wrongs. At least we stood up and did it and we suffered for it too. It was a bloody war and our 14 years lied and volunteered to fight.

Go back to Africa and spew your hate at your own country for the misdeeds they did to you. Any takers? To easy to blame the USA.

Do we continue to "live in the skin" of the past FOR THE NEXT 150 YEARS? How exhausting!

I certainly hope not and I am and sick to death of it.

OR DO YOU STOP THIS DIATRIBE, LIVE IN THE PRESENT, THE HERE AND NOW AND BUILD A BETTER FUTURE FOR YOURSELVES?

I agree, Beezer. It's time to live in the present and not be afraid any more. It's time to stand with all Americans united to stop the travesties and the scourge of illegal immigration and excess legal immigration that keeps so many Americans in the poor house. It's time to stand with US to fix our bad trade deals and bring our good wonderful industries back home where they belong. It's time to stop these stupid wars and bring our troops home. It's time to pass the FairTax and live under, if you want it you pay for it, you breed 'em you feed 'em, and if you make it over there, you sell it over there. I feel like with Trump, we have a chance to end the trauma, the syndrome, the fear and unite behind a single message that combines all these issues into Making America Great Again ... this time for EVERY AMERICAN CITIZEN. Native Americans need to move off their reservations and ice patches, and join American Society. Their "culture" is not a culture, it's a poverty-ridden life-style of enormous hardship that holds their people back, keeps them in poverty, and shuns all that we know to be true. There's so much to do, so much to fix, but Trump is pulling all the stops and has them all on his chess board, so he'll fix as many as he can in 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    "Do you really expect them to jump up and side with a group of people that cannot see that they have been a part of America since the beginning too?"

-------------------------

Boomslang...what "group of people" cannot see that they have been a part of America?

They have dug their feet in and resisted being a part of America for decades. The attitudes and hate are quiet evident. Look at Sharpton, Maxine Watters, Barry Sotero and his wife, the Entertainers spew their hate, the whole lot of their leaders.

We ALL believe they are a part of America, we are just waiting for them to participate, wake up, and realize it themselves. We cannot understand for the life of us WHY they would continue down the same path, vote Democrat and live in the same conditions with the same results.

We want them to join the Trump Train, we want them to pay attention in school, make better choices in life, we want them to be successful. We want ALL American's to be successful. No Hypen-American...you are American or you are not.

What ALL American's should not want is illegal immigration, more refugees, TPS, Work Visa's and the unrelenting invasion of our country to preserve our culture, our resources, our jobs, our neighborhoods and our prosperity.

We cannot take in the entire World's poor and destitute...we are headed well on our way to a 3rd World country full of rife, crime, diseases, murder and civil unrest.
    *I'll repeat again. These are the things that I hear about [/u]not[/u] what I'm saying.*

The group of people that think they "own" what it means to be American.

And... 3... 2... 1...

That train is never late!

Beezer's quote:
    "They have dug their feet in and resisted being a part of America for decades"

Is it logical to say that I can resist being my mother's son? All citizens are Americans. Period.
    It's mind boggling...
    You want black Americans to help you, yet you are asking them to be a part of America?

Beezer, you've hit me and there are NO SURVIVORS!
    LOL

" Native Americans need to move off their reservations and ice patches, and join American Society. Their "culture" is not a culture, it's a poverty-ridden life-style of enormous hardship that holds their people back, keeps them in poverty, and shuns all that we know to be true. "

-------------------------

Yep, I have been saying this for years and years. No one holding them back but themselves, same in the ghettos. They are free to attend any school, work, buy a home, make better choices in life. Certainly hope it does not take another 150 years of blame until the light bulb finally goes on.
    Last edited by Beezer; 04-01-2018 at 06:46 PM.

*I'll repeat again. These are the things that I hear about [/u]not[/u] what I'm saying.*

The group of people that think they "own" what it means to be American.

And... 3... 2... 1...

That train is never late!

Beezer's quote:
    "They have dug their feet in and resisted being a part of America for decades"

Is it logical to say that I can resist being my mother's son? All citizens are Americans. Period.
    It's mind boggling...
    You want black Americans to help you, yet you are asking them to be a part of America?

Beezer, you've hit me and there are NO SURVIVORS!
    LOL

So is that a good thing? LOL

The long and short of it is we're all in this together against the world defending ourselves from massive excess immigration, bad trade deals, terrorism and foreign wars sucking US dry as a bone, so I hope more black Americans will research and really think hard about the upcoming elections. If they do that, then I think a lot more black Americans will actually like the Trump Train Agenda better than the same ole open borders, socialist agenda of the Democrats. I sure hope so anyway, because it would be a great thing for black Americans to come back home to the Republican Party even if it's just for awhile to see how things work out. I don't think they'll be disappointed.

Black people know how they feel.
    Black people feel the way they have been brought up to feel. Many stay locked in that cycle having been taught not to trust whitey. But some aspire to be much more and become successful. Unfortunately, they become pariahs, called "uncle Tom". A few come to mind like Charles Payne, Dr. Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and from history, George Washington Carver. These people did not achieve their success because they were Black, they achieved it despite being Black. And the success they achieved was not relative to their being Black, it was greatness among all humans.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast