Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PRESS CONFERENCE WITH HOMELAND SECURITY SECRETARY MICHAEL

At the Bottom of this Article, a question and answer section.

PRESS CONFERENCE WITH HOMELAND SECURITY SECRETARY MICHAEL CHERTOFF, CHIEF OF THE BORDER PATROL DAVID AGUILAR AND ACTING DIRECTOR OF THE OFFICE OF DETENTION AND REMOVAL JOHN TORRES ON THE SECURE BORDER INITIATIVE

SECRETARY CHERTOFF: Well, good morning, everybody. I'm here with the Chief of the Border Patrol, David Aguilar, and with John Torres, who is the Acting Director of Detention and Removal Operations at the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement Bureau.

As you know, I recently returned from a trip earlier this week with the President down to the Southwest border. And of course, I know you all heard the President speak about what our strategy is moving forward to get control of the border in a reasonable period of time.

One of the things we had the opportunity to do at the border was to talk to and see some of the hard work that's being done by our Border Patrol agents and our ICE agents who are working on the ground every day to secure our borders and to make this country safe.

The President reiterated his commitment at the border to securing our borders, and his commitment to developing solutions to the problems we face regarding immigration. Since taking office, the President has directed an increase in border security funding of 60 percent, and has added resources to hire an additional 1,900 Border Patrol agents. And just a month or so ago, the President signed an appropriations bill that will provide an additional thousand agents, and 2,000 additional beds, which we can use to detain people that we apprehend.

I thought what I would do here is give you a little bit of an overview of what our strategy is and then introduce the Chief and the Director to talk about some of the operational accomplishments and some of our operational milestones. And what we're going to do periodically is come out and talk to you about what we've accomplished, where we're headed, what our measurements are of success, where we still have distance to cover, because I think that the public is interested in seeing that we are taking a very disciplined and measured approach to making sure we get control of the border in real time.

As you know, there are a lot of dimensions to the border. The problem of immigration is one that's been with this country for 20 years. So we are digging ourselves out of a hole which it took 20 years to dig ourselves into. And it's not going to happen overnight, but what will make it work and what makes it achievable is a strategy that blends all of the elements of our power to control our border, and looks at the border as an entire system.

So we begin with the border itself, those that we apprehend coming into the country. There, the critical element is to apprehend and intercept, detain and then remove people so that we have such a high percentage rate of interception and removal that we actually begin to deter people from coming across the border. And we do that using a mix of Border Patrol agents, enhanced boots on the ground, using some low-tech infrastructure like vehicle barriers or fencing like we're putting out east of the San Diegoâ€â€
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I have another special gift for Ireland today:

McChertoff, McAguilar and McTorres.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

On a lighter note, McChertoff is as lost on the border as he was during Katrina and his 9/11 "investigation".

Okay, so lets help him, okay?

Question: McChertoff, who finally solved the crisis in Katrina?

That's right General Honore, the 82nd Airborne, US Army National Guard, US Navy, US Coast Guard.

Very good.

Question: McChertoff, if it took General Honore, the 82nd Airborne, the US Army National Guard, the US Navy, and the US Coast Guard to remove 42,000 people from New Orleans in 24 hours, then why do you think you and your Border Patrol Agents who haven't done the job of removing 20,000,000 or more illegal aliens can do it now WITHOUT General Honore, the 82nd Airborne, the US Army National Guard, the US Navy and the US Coast Guard?

That's right, you need General Honore, the 82nd Airborne, the US Army National Guard, the US Navy, the US Coast Guard, AND the US Army, the US Marines, ATF, DEA, every State Trooper, and every city and county law enforcement officer in the country to get the job done.

In addition, you need to prepare for War with Mexico after you stop all flows of all money to Mexico from the United States UNTIL Mexico gets a grip on its citizens violating our US Immigration Laws.

Of course, now you need to go butter up Chavez, tell him you are so sorry about trying to plot his removal from office and subsequent assassination threats to end his life, but now that we are feuding with Mexico, we'd like to increase our purchases of oil from Venezuela. Tell him he has a beautiful country (it is pretty and they love hearing that) and how much you admire his new program to lift up his people with better schools, hospitals, jobs and a better life. Tell him you hope our increased busines with his country will help him to improve life for the Venezuelans.

Now, see, that wasn't so hard was it?

Let the military take care of these foreign invaders. That is why we have a military to keep people out who aren't supposed to be here. It's part of that "protect and defend" theory of National Security.

Let Chavez take care of our energy crisis. That is why he has CITGO stations in the US. They like selling oil to Americans. I think they even like US. We need to hang with people who like US.

Also, open the door to Cuba, remove all sanctions, let the Cigars flow (there is afterall a former President who I'm sure needs one about now), so lets be free to trade with Cuba again. Such a nice country and nice people. Then all the illegal Cubans can go back to Cuba and build their country again making things for us to buy and buying things they liked when they lived here. They can tell all their family and friends about all the "cool stuff" they bought while they were illegals in America and now the Cuban Economic Development problem is solved. Besides it's much cheaper to ship US goods to Cuba, only 90 miles from Florida than it is to ship them to say....China.

But wait, does China buy anything from US?

Oooh that's right, just our corporations.

Hmmmm.

I think Cuba would be a better trading partner than China. Lower transportation cost and higher standard of living. Oh yeah....Cuba has a much higher standard of living than China. And China has that awful Bird Flu thing and all those nuclear missiles pointed at US which I consider an "imminent nuclear threat" "mushroom clouds all over the place".

Wal-Mart would love buying things from Cuba. They can hop to Cuba in 30 minutes to check on the factories and make sure there aren't any "children" in them. Takes too long to travel to China to check on the plants and "children" and once they're there, there are soooo many distractions...all those Geishas and everything which mixed with Jet Lag, I think they come back having forgotten to even check the plants for "children".

Now Cuba and Venezuela will become important "partners" in our new national economic development and security plan. Afterall, Chavez knows how to handle that Vicente Fox. Chavez is the type of person who would say "Fox is not only a Bush Puppy....he is a Moocher robbing the poor in America with his illegal emigrants sneaking like thieves, rats and snakes into a sovereign nation."

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Question: McChertoff, if it took General Honore, the 82nd Airborne, the US Army National Guard, the US Navy, and the US Coast Guard to remove 42,000 people from New Orleans in 24 hours, then why do you think you and your Border Patrol Agents who haven't done the job of removing 20,000,000 or more illegal aliens can do it now WITHOUT General Honore, the 82nd Airborne, the US Army National Guard, the US Navy and the US Coast Guard?
    SWEET!

This was on Lou Dobbs

Chertoff: We don't support a wall across the border. A wall across the border would be phenomenally expensive, it wouldn't be particularly effective, and we'd still need to back it up with a lot of technology and a lot of agents. Video below includes worksite enforcement segment.
    Phenomenally expensive? Wait just a minute here. You mean to tell me that you guys can pass these ridiculously massive multi trillion dollar budgets packed with pork through congress without even a whimper or a thought as to the cost to our economy, the deficit or how much this will cost the taxpayers, but when it comes to our borders all of a sudden you care about cost? Stop with the lame excuses you stupid incompetent lawyer. Stop with the doubletalk. I don't hear you saying one word about how expensive it is to provide health care, education and social benefits to these invaders which is probably at least 100 times more than what it will cost to build a fence. Stop the pork barrell spending, stop spending our tax dollars on appeasing illegal aliens and start building that fence or start finding a new job soon.

BTW I do welcome this debate because it may actually force DHS to define terms like "effective" and "expensive." I say "may" because that is the last thing the power elite want to do.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

McChertoff said "We can't build a wall because it would be phenomally expensive?" (Whose "we"? Does he have a pickle in his pocket?"

Good. I'm going to remember that. Judy said "We can't go to war no more because it would be phenomally expensive!"

Good. I'm going to remember that. Judy said "We can't sign no more Free Trade Agreements because it would be phenomally expensive!"

Good. I'm going to remember that. Judy said "We can't keep Bush no more because it IS phenomally expensive!"

Good. I'm going to remember that. Judy said "We can't keep McChertoff no more because it would be phenomally expensive!"

NOW with McBush out and McChertoff out we're out of their "We" and back to the our WE and WE can do anything so even tho this seems like alot of We We, this is the Best We so far:

WE CAN BUILD a phenomally expensive fence with guard towers spot lights tingle bars (touch it and it zings you) and freeze nets (you make it over the top and nets activate and tangle you all up in it). Wow, I could spend a whole day devising cool stuff for our PHENOMALLY EXPENSIVE FENCE!! In fact, I want, no demand, the MOST PHENOMALLY EXPENSIVE FENCE EVER BUILT IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. We could make it into a Tourist Attraction and Charge to See it. Then people, tourists, would come from all over the world to see the MOST BEAUTIFUL, MOST EXPENSIVE, MOST PHENOMENAL FENCE IN THE HISTORY OF HUMAN CIVILIZATION.