Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Prince William Co VA Boycott by Illegal Aliens / Apologists

I think we may have snared ourselves a big one.

A small grocery store in Manassas VA - el Primero Mercado - proudly displayed its window sign supporting the perceived entitlements of illegal aliens in protest of Prince William County's recent resolution to deny public benefits to illegal aliens.

This little store is tucked away in a small shopping center and apparently the manager decided to use this opportunity to drum up business by agreeing to an interview and photo shoot with the Washington Post.

It turns out, this little Latino grocery store is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shoppers Food Ware House, which is owned by Supervalu. Supervalu includes in its network of stores: Acme, Albertsons, bigg's, Bristol Farms, Cub Foods, Farm Fresh Food & Pharmacy, Hornbacher's, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's/Star Market, Shop ‘n Save, Shoppers Food & Pharmacy and Sunflower Market.

=====

So, we're sending comments to Supervalu -- short, sweet and to the point. I wrote:

Why would some of your stores post signs in their store windows supporting illegal aliens in Prince William County, VA? A picture and interview with the manager was in the Washington Post. If your store managers publicly support illegal aliens, there is a real probability they are hiring them as well.

If your stores are promoting and quite likely hiring illegal aliens, I can no longer support any of the stores in your network.

---------------

Please feel to express your concern about Supervalu's little "wink 'n nod" business game. To make it easy, I've provided a link to their Contact screen.

http://www.supervalu.com/sv-webapp/contact/contact.jsp

CAUTION: You will have to leave your name, email address and phone number. Or, you can call or maybe send a fax.

Call me a hopeless dreamer but I would so like to see so many emails and phone calls that Supervalue sends out a company wide memo ordering the removal of these signs --- BEFORE ---- the boycott ends.

Thank you for the information June. I will be sending my comments and passing along this information to everyone.It answers a question I've had for ages about SFW,personally I stopped shopping there a few years ago because of the "cleanliness" of the ones around my house.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

OK...I commented....We have Albertsons in our neighborhood
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

E-mail sent:

Since your el Primero Mercado store in Manassas VA, caters to and hires illegal aliens, I have investigated you. Unless I receive an apology for this egregious situation and a guarantee that you have cleaned up the problem, I will never patronize any of your stores: Acme, Albertsons, bigg's, Bristol Farms, Cub Foods, Farm Fresh Food & Pharmacy, Hornbacher's, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's/Star Market, Shop ?n Save, Shoppers Food & Pharmacy and Sunflower Market. Furthermore, unless you institute a corporate directive that none of your stores hires illegal aliens, I will send out to media outlets your criminal employment practices
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You folks are awesome.

To protect yourselves, please be careful to not affirm Supervalu hires illegal (even though it's more likely than not). It is safer to let them know that because of their support of illegal aliens, it is probable they are hired to work in some of their stores as well.

Presuming questionable hiring practices in SOME of their stores, because of other affirmed actions, can really slam a message home and make a business very nervous - especially with a more forceful enforcement of the SS No Match to take effect in mid September (even though its been on the books since 1979). It may also be presumed to take the heat off Supervalue, which may prompt HQ to take action against vigilantes within their network.

Thanks all!

OP, can you provide info on the PWC boycott -- have the dates already passed?

I need to do some shopping over the next few days.

I sent a letter. Told them since they have one store doing this, it looks to me like they let all their stores cater to illegals, and I'd have to assume they support this. Until they make their position clear, I will no longer go to any of their stores.
    I'd rather die living then live dying!

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    OP, can you provide info on the PWC boycott -- have the dates already passed?

I need to do some shopping over the next few days.
    Mexico without borders posted the following agenda:

1. Call on the PW Board of County Supervisors to immediately rescind this resolution in its entirety.

2. An economic boycott of all Prince William businesses (except those that are immigrant owned) from August 27 - September 3, 2007.

3. A massive nonviolent march and rally on Sunday, September 2, 2007.

4. A one-day work stoppage on October 9, 2007.

Its real easy to tell which stores support the boycott, the signs are bright green and large enough to be easily visible from the streets.

If you shop in one of the stores that does not support this boycott, please thank the manager and staff.

I plan to do some serious shopping this weekend in PWC and let a few of the merchants in Fairfax County know about it ... and why!

OK sent a message!! Mt daughter has worked for Albertsons for 15 years wait until she reads this. Just forwarded it to all in my phone book!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ACTION ALERT REQUESTS!!
    PLEASE GET INVOLVED AND PUT IN YOUR CALLS,FAXES AND E-MAILS
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=79828
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=79915
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

To be completely honest, they probably (I hope anyway) have no idea what this guy did.

That said, firing away the email, fax, phone calls is right on the money!!!!
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com