Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

79% I have a very difficult time finding that could even be remotely true. This isn't a real poll number, it's carefully assembled propaganda in an effort to place a lie into the minds of the public as fact so they rationalize it to the point of thinking if that many are for amnesty, a mere 21% won't make much difference anyway. This removes the will or desire to go against something.

I've studied much about how to mold and shape public opinion and how to control the thoughts of a population. It's always done with lies, half-truths and deception.

Ever hear the statement "By deception shall ye do war"?

THAT.... is a FACT.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

I think it started out to be 72% but they must be getting more concerned because now they are saying it is 79%.

Tomorrow it may be up to 120%

100% of all legally residing U.S. Citizens say YES to Amnesty
    20% of illegal immigrants (so far anyway) say YES to Amnesty

So ... the answer is easy! Pass amnesty!!

Thankfully Lou Dobbs is keeping it real.

That number is for the millions of sleeping Americans that have opted to let somebody else take care of it.

Any President that serves his country up as an appetizer for the enemy is not fit to hold the office.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    The Posse Comitatus act was meant to prohibit the use of our armed forces to assist in LAW ENFORCEMENT activities. LAW ENFORCEMENT is a far cry from national security and national defense.
    I agree, enforcing laws is not the same thing as 'repelling invasion' and border security.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

HEY ALL
    I said "I believe" not "fact."

There is always confusion over the PCA and also the border lands are federal & state. There's more confusion.

There are fine lines to this. I will restate that I believe -NOT SURE- That when Johnson {think it was LBJ} called out the Guard for the riots during the 60's civil rights, he had to use a certain power to suspend the PCA.

I'm going to ask a military historian that I know and see what comes back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

First, I believe that he would have to "suspend" the Posse Comitatus by exec order.
    There have been two executive orders in May.
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 510-3.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 512-5.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    HEY ALL
    I said "I believe" not "fact."

There is always confusion over the PCA and also the border lands are federal & state. There's more confusion.

There are fine lines to this. I will restate that I believe -NOT SURE- That when Johnson {think it was LBJ} called out the Guard for the riots during the 60's civil rights, he had to use a certain power to suspend the PCA.

I'm going to ask a military historian that I know and see what comes back.
    Again, that would be a use for domestic law enforcement. The border zone is not state soil and border enforcement is not domestic law enforcement.

I absolutely do not see how the Posse Com. has anything to do with border security.

This is an international border.

A border is the first line of defense.

If the military cannot be used to defend an international border - then what in the world is it for?

We had the miltary on the border during WWII - regular army - also inland guarding bridges.

No, he doesn't intend to put the guard on the border in any significant way.

Pat Buchanan said quite a while ago in one of this columns that Pres. Bush was holding the security of the border hostage to his amnesty bill.

No amnesty - no border security.

That is his deal.

But whatever he does, it will not be border security, whether he gets amnesty or not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

President Bush may attempt to VETO anything coming from the House if it doesn't include his "path to citizenship" or "guest worker" program. However, the Senate and the House have the capability to over-ride a veto with enough votes for such an over-ride. BOTH the Congress and the Senate must vote to override a veto. If both fail, the bill dies and is tabled.

Unfortunately, at this time even if our House of Representatives were to override a veto, the sorry excuse for a Senate probably wouldn't have enough votes to override the veto in their chambers - meaning the bill is stalemated and dead.

If such a scenario occurs, it isn't over. It's important to REMEMBER those in both the House and the Senate who voted IN FAVOR OF such a VETO as well as those who were FOR a "guest worker" or a "path to citizenship" piece of legislature.

If you will watch the video given by Rep. Ted Poe (R) found in another post here in General Discussion, you will see that we already HAVE a "guest worker" program in force. He shows a chart which shows that every year the United States Immigration system LEGALLY admits an average of nearly one and a half million temporary worker cards. So don't let President Bush's concept of "guest worker" fool you - he knows as well as Mr. Poe that we already have a "guest worker" program. He is after something entirely different. If not, he would be perfectly happy with what is already in place.

As a newly aspiring STATESMAN (please don't call me a politician) - I look forward to working side by side with others such as Representative Poe, Tom Tancredo, Mr. King and others.

Every nightmare certainly has an end. It's time to wake up from this particular political nightmare.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast