Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PUSH FOR SHAMNESTY

PLEASE BEGIN CONTACTING YOUR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS NOW. DON'T WAIT UNTIL THEY DECIDE TO VOTE!!!!! THE OTHER SIDE IS NOT WAITING.

Immigration Voice
    Community Newsletter
    Advocacy Action Item August 2009 - update

The summer August recess is in progress and the lawmakers are still in their constituencies. This is an opportunity for us to meet with them and address our issues and present solutions in preparation for the upcoming CIR. We must push for our agenda to get our provisions in the base bill as CIR is being drafted currently. If we do not get our provisions in the base bill then it is much harder to get them attached to the bill in the form of amendments.

IV therefore requests its members, to continue to call up and start scheduling lawmaker meetings NOW. Please take appointments with your local lawmakers of both houses of Congress. You can find more information about how to reach your lawmaker in this guide http://immigrationvoice.org/media/HowTo ... makers.doc
    our members have been taking appointments and so far the feedback has been extremely positive. These meetings have enabled us to enlighten the lawmaker offices and engage in constructive dialog that not only addresses our issues and concerns but also provides solutions to the backlogs.

[b]As communicated earlier, we have created multiple documents and support material that will go into your “Advocacy Packetâ€

The best and the brightest Future Americans? Those who did not go beyond the third grade, sell tacos out of a cart and pick fruit and veggies during season, while selling drugs to supplement their incomes, run to the ER for hangnails, have packs of kids while demanding government support, refuse to assimilate or respect any of the laws of this country because their gang is more powerful.
    While the best and brightest are probably here legally, and going through the channels for citizenship, they have to realize that the swarms of illegals are lumped in with them, and the legal immigrants often get painted with the same brush.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this is so shameful when you think about it. these people really believe that our country is up for grabs and they can waltz right in and claim legitimacy. Illegal immigration is much more than immigration alone it is mostly about the politics of one ethnic group and man it is so blatant. Look my illegal friend if you want your culture and your language you can go south of the border and live there. bye bye!

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    The best and the brightest Future Americans? Those who did not go beyond the third grade, sell tacos out of a cart and pick fruit and veggies during season, while selling drugs to supplement their incomes, run to the ER for hangnails, have packs of kids while demanding government support, refuse to assimilate or respect any of the laws of this country because their gang is more powerful.
    While the best and brightest are probably here legally, and going through the channels for citizenship, they have to realize that the swarms of illegals are lumped in with them, and the legal immigrants often get painted with the same brush.
    The site referenced in the OP is for LEGAL immigration related issues and over 95% of the members are work/student visa holders which means they are highly educated. And yes their agenda/goal does not opposite of yours. In fact they too oppose amnesty to illegals. it's like rewarding those who broke the law.

Just a few FACTS about LEGAL immigrants such as members of ImmigrationVoice.org :

1. They pay higher taxes than average americans
    2. %age of criminals among them is much much lower than national average and in fact any state average
    3. Their contribution to America's growth is higher than average americans

I think you are better off by taking them WITH YOU in your fight against illegal immigration rather than opposing their goals.

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    this is so shameful when you think about it. these people really believe that our country is up for grabs and they can waltz right in and claim legitimacy. Illegal immigration is much more than immigration alone it is mostly about the politics of one ethnic group and man it is so blatant. Look my illegal friend if you want your culture and your language you can go south of the border and live there. bye bye!
    I think alipac and immigration voice have the same goal - promote legal immigration (thereby act against illegal immigration). Also, most of the members are highly educated South Asians who actually play a very good role in promoting our economy.

Its important for alipac to understand this in our efforts. By promoting well defined legal immigration reforms, we can hope to reduce the number of ways illegal immigrants are entering and staying in this country.

Welcome, Masters.
    Legal immigrants are here by virtue of observing and respecting our immigration and visa laws, but the fight has become a battle of verbiage, i.e., lumping anyone foreign-born, no matter how they got here as immigrants, and therein lies the error.
    And I have plenty of relatives, friends and acquaintances who came here legally, became citizens the proper way and they are livid about the fact they have been mixed into the mess of illegals screaming for equal rights and amnesty.
    None of us on ALIPAC care a whit where anyone came from, as long as they came legally.
    While I have looked at the IV website a few times, there is very little to give me comfort that this is not just another open borders lobby group trying to change American immigration laws. We have enough of those groups already.
    Please explore the ALIPAC website as crimes committed by illegals in this country dominate often, and so often reports of those crimes call them immigrants, rather than illegal immigrants or illegal aliens.
    Those that follow the laws of this country deserve better than that and I would be pleased to see IV address that issue forcefully.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)