Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    BettyB

There is a proposal called scheduled voluntary departure which most amnesty supporters do not like. It consists of the simultaneous roll out of everify and permitting the undocumented who register to work above ground until a set date. One cut off point suggested was June 2012. After that they would be either gone or over stays unable to gain above ground work. The various work place screening measures which have been proposed would also go into effect. This is hefty employer fines and possible jail time. So that anyone still here would be extremely limited as for work options like house keeping and elder care for their relatives.
    Wow. This is the first I have heard of it. Who is making the proposal?

Would all existing employees be subject to E Verify and No Match letter verification, or is another one of those, only new hires would be subject to checking?
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    BettyB

There is a proposal called scheduled voluntary departure which most amnesty supporters do not like. It consists of the simultaneous roll out of everify and permitting the undocumented who register to work above ground until a set date. One cut off point suggested was June 2012. After that they would be either gone or over stays unable to gain above ground work. The various work place screening measures which have been proposed would also go into effect. This is hefty employer fines and possible jail time. So that anyone still here would be extremely limited as for work options like house keeping and elder care for their relatives.
    EXACTLY the point I was trying to make. Realistic solutions are the only way we are going to have an impact on the debate.

By the way, I will say this.

I busted my a$$ trying to get my citizenship. I came over here legally. I served in the United States Marine Corps for almost 7 years. I LIVED in Arizona and saw my mobile home park over run by Illegals. I have an idea how both sides think and not having a program that eventually parses the illegals out of this country is not a plan (it is handing over to the Democrats exactly what they are looking for.... amnesty). THAT HAS to be STOPPED at all costs (including "some" compromise).

And a functional program that "deals" with the crisis is much better than digging one's heels and wishing it would all go away (while the other side uses such a stand to their advantage in the media).

Sometimes, having a discussion about options is usually conducive to getting to workable solutions.

Thats how the founding fathers did it. I read that in a book somewhere......

Steinar,

Your proposal ignores the 25 million un/underemployed Americans, and 4 million legal immigrants waiting many years outside the USA, and instead rewards foreign felons with a path to US citizenship. That is an anti-law, anti-American way of dealing with the problem.

Attrition through enforcement solves the problem without the defects of your plan.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The only program that would be acceptable to the American people must ensure every single illegal alien leaves within a very short period of time and receives absoluitely no reward, or benefit, for their lawbreaking.

67% of Obama voters are against any pathway.

Republicans are even more adamant.

This is not subject to "compromise". Ever.

To do so would violate our most fundamental principles.

It would not only be racist, it would violate the notion that we are a nation of laws. one law for everyone, applied equally.

In America no one is above the law.

No one.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Steinar,

Your proposal ignores the 25 million un/underemployed Americans, and 4 million legal immigrants waiting many years outside the USA, and instead rewards foreign felons with a path to US citizenship. That is an anti-law, anti-American way of dealing with the problem.

Attrition through enforcement solves the problem without the defects of your plan.
    Here is a reality check. Your opinion specifically regarding deportation is in the minority (right or wrong). Such an opinion is facing an unrelenting media firestorm and the opposition (illegal immigrants and the forces that seek their future vote) are stronger regarding their efforts in the forum called public opinion.

The 25 million unemployed/underemployed get dealt with once employers are held accountable and are prosecuted for bypassing a guest worker program and still hiring illegals at lower wages. Wages will increase once illegals are handled through a process that meets the other side part of the way (as there would be limits as to how many can be in a guest worker program). The rest would be given a specific date to be out of this country by.

THEN, wages will increase because in order to attract Americans (legal aliens and citizens) to such jobs... they will have no choice. As a result, goods and services will INCREASE due to the cost of doing business, BUT the jobs would be filled by guest workers, legal resident aliens, and citizens. It is the only politically REALISTIC option that will pass through Washington (that and Republicans and Independents voting this November for candidates who support such a program). THAT will get Washington's attention.

But if anyone here honestly believes that what we have in place at present (the lack of border security, the looking the other way of who is in this country by the political elite) will be turned into what you are indicating is the only option (deportation through attrition)....... then we WILL lose whatever options we have left to contain this disaster and the opposition will win. Our President is advocating Amnesty. That IS our political reality. My suggestion isn't appeasement, it only takes longer to get done what is the final goal of all of us here.

SteinarAndersen is posting pro amnesty propoganda.

I wonder if he is being paid to post on this site?

The NEO CONS and DEM elite are at it again trying to make amnesty, ie preferential immigration treatment for foreigners in this country illegally, sound reasonable.

What a con job.

But the monied elite want their cheap labor and they are going to use every trick in the book to get it.

Beware. Beck is part of the amnesty through a guest worker push.

Beware. Paline is part of the amneesty through a guest worker push.

Americans will see though this latest attempt to steal American jobs for foreign cheap labor, just as they have all the other amnesty campaigns.

Shame on them.

SAY NO TO A BAILOUT OF ILLEGAL ALIENS AND THEIR DISHONEST EMPLOYERS THROUGH AN AMNESTY GUEST WORKER PROGRAM.

Just like Wall Street, those pushing this latest amnesty drivel, have no interest in average Americans.

Even with an effective unemployment rate of over 17%, with 37% of our youth unemployed, and 21% of our returning veterans without work, they want to let illegal aliens keep the jobs that belong to Americans.

It is not only incomprehensible (other than the fact of their greed), it is totally reprehensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Steinar,

Very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarAndersen

Here is a reality check. Your opinion specifically regarding deportation is in the minority (right or wrong).
    1. Show me where I said deportation.
    2. Show me the opinion polls with attrition as an option

Such an opinion is facing an unrelenting media firestorm and the opposition (illegal immigrants and the forces that seek their future vote) are stronger regarding their efforts in the forum called public opinion.
    1. The media are not voters, and most voters know they are highly biased.
    2. Bob Bennett. Who is stronger?

The 25 million unemployed/underemployed get dealt with once employers are held accountable and are prosecuted for bypassing a guest worker program and still hiring illegals at lower wages. Wages will increase once illegals are handled through a process that meets the other side part of the way (as there would be limits as to how many can be in a guest worker program).
    Now you are the one out of touch with reality. Unless the program is limited to 10,000 illegals.

But if anyone here honestly believes that what we have in place at present (the lack of border security, the looking the other way of who is in this country by the political elite)
    1. Arizona SB1070
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Ohio
    Etc, etc.

So who are your really? Do you work for the US Chamber of Commerce?
    Freedomworks?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast