Thread: Question

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Question

Is it possible to add the elimination of the backlog of immigration visas as a part of the action ?
    The appealing part of the Senate bill for green card holders is - they are speaking about eliminating backlogs of family visas
    For legal residents who are waiting to unite with their spouses and minor children / F2A immigrant visa category / - this is the matter of upmost importance out of all immigration politics .
    Also , if we talk and include this topic as a part of the comprehensive program this will get additionally 7-800 000 people on our side , if not more . These are legal , law -obedient immigrants , most of them are professional
    For now , the only conversation about eliminating family visas backlog is in the bill presented by Senate when they say that the backlog would be cleared prior to the legalisation of illegal aliens
    This is the most appealing catch , many people get confused . Please , do not underestimate it .
    I can be helpful here , because I am one of them . I can bring more people to the forum this way and we will get stronger
    Thank you
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Hope it is sad that our system has been abused so badly. Can you imagine how much quicker eligible immigrants and guest workers could have been processed, if all the cheaters had not been mixed into the system. The cheats have bogged it down and I'm sure toughened the screening process. 9-11 didn't help matters either. I wonder how often applications are kicked out due to fraud... Even worse are the ones that get proccessed because they get past the system.

Also, I've run into a few new immigrants that are grateful to be here and are very supportive. You are not alone!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you , Dixie , you are very nice .
    This is a very disruptive system , it cannot stay like this for a long time .
    People are not just angry , they are frustrated and desperate .
    This is not wise for INS and government to bring hundreds of thousands of people , who will be USC within a very short time to this degree of anxiety.
    I feel this is my duty to concentrate my time and energy on immigration topics . I have to take this time from my work and social activities
    I never had any problems with any laws in my or this country , so I can look anybody in the eyes and say whatever I feel like saying .
    And missing my children makes me much stronger .
    I wrote to Hillary , Bush , Moynahan , Schumer , Nita Lowy / I was in NY at that time / .
    I talked to Bilirakis , Martinez offices here in Florida - no success
    Probably , I should sign myself up for that dinner with president / after all they did not care whether I am a USC or not , as long as I pay /and just open my mouth there /
    But I do not trust him after having all this experience , sorry
    I do not know whom else to complain and what to do , except I keep going .

Hope,

I know it took years, to bring a couple of relatives by marriage from the Philiphines. It took years but it happened. Just hang in there!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Iig

Welcome Hope!

Hi! So nice to hear from you!

I made the suggestion in my letter which I sent out this week to just about everyone I could think of. I want everyone who is currently in line with a valid application, and does not have a criminal history or untreated TB or hepatitis, to be sworn in tomorrow.

Are you familiar with LAIR and "You Don't Speak For Me", over at FAIR? The forum for LAIR is not very well-posted and so I don't think it gets much attention, but I visit it regularly.

www.dontspeakforme.org
    www.latinoamericans.org
    www.thewakeupamericafoundation.com

What would be really great is if the thousands of persons with current applications in line would send an email and/or a paper letter to say, Lou Dobbs over at CNN and Bill O'Reilly at Fox (I'd say both) at one time, in a group. Or to the border state senators. Who cares if you aren't citizens yet, the illegals act like they deserve representation from My Government, then so do you! Just be careful how much info you share about yourselves, anything you send to the government is considered public.

I also know that people who emigrate from other countries sometimes don't have a positive experience of interacting with that government. That can make them very nervous about letting their feelings known to any government. And as Dixie mentions, because of 9/11, we as a nation are paying closer attention to anyone who wants to get in.

But of course, if you are doing it legally, we get to know your name. And if you're illegal, then you get to stay anonymous and can't be singled out. This is called a Catch 22. America would like to say we invented it but we didn't, we just coined the name. (Isn't life swell? American humor.)

Oddly enough, now we're looking at you more kindly, not less! We're pointing at you as an example of people we do want in here. Ah, life....

I'm still brain-storming over here in my little house, so I might pipe in with more ideas later.

But, please, hang in there, don't give up. If more applicants would speak up, in the numbers that we know exist, it would get a lot of attention. It has to, after all, you are already in line, you have personal authority.

We can't give up, we're in this together. Americans want LEGAL immigrants, very much.
    Last edited by Jean; 07-21-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones

If there was ANYTHING that they should be doing about immigration reform......this would be it. I can't see how they are crying about breaking up families when it's what they have been doing to the people who have gone through this system legally. It is a shame these people have been waiting for years, paying money and they are just an afterthought in this illegal invasion. There shouldn't be any talk about anything having to do with immigration until they process all those that have been waiting legally. Deporting those who have overstayed their visas etc. Obviously that will take years and they still want amnesty and tons more legally each year and they can't do the job!! They can't inforce the law and I don't beleive they have a clue as to how many people are here, whether our society can sustain them or anything else.

There are so many abuses to the system whether it be phony documents to businesses using slave labor to assimilating the new immigrants to our voting system etc. that all need to be addressed before they start changing our laws and constitution. Ya.....it's an overwhelming job but they got us into this mess and I'm not willing to give up my freedoms and culture and lifestyle just because it's a tough job with tough calls to make.

I understand that possibly the Senate bill covers your particular personal issue but the majority of the bill is rotton. This is too important an issue to pick between bad and worse. It has to be good. I applaud you for going through the proper channels. And we are aware and very much support the group you mentioned. I hope their voices are heard more.

Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by hope2006
    Is it possible to add the elimination of the backlog of immigration visas as a part of the action ?
    The appealing part of the Senate bill for green card holders is - they are speaking about eliminating backlogs of family visas
    For legal residents who are waiting to unite with their spouses and minor children / F2A immigrant visa category / - this is the matter of upmost importance out of all immigration politics .
    Also , if we talk and include this topic as a part of the comprehensive program this will get additionally 7-800 000 people on our side , if not more . These are legal , law -obedient immigrants , most of them are professional
    For now , the only conversation about eliminating family visas backlog is in the bill presented by Senate when they say that the backlog would be cleared prior to the legalisation of illegal aliens
    This is the most appealing catch , many people get confused . Please , do not underestimate it .
    I can be helpful here , because I am one of them . I can bring more people to the forum this way and we will get stronger
    Thank you
    Hello Hope, maybe you can help me understand some things.
    My daughter and I have been trying to get a friend of hers back to the US, she was over here on a student visa and she loves America, she speaks and writes english along with a couple of other languages, she is a college gratuate and a hard worker, she thought it was great to be able to work ten hours a day.
    My daughter is willing to sponcer her but we don't seem to be making any head way, I think this is mostly due to her govt. but I don't know enough about it.
    I keep in touch with her via email and have "adopted" her as my Lithuanian daughter.
    Any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Probably you can invite her using the invitation letter and proof that you can support her while she is in the country .
    If she has enough of ties in her country - assets , relatives etc - they can give her tourist visa .
    If it is 3 year multiple entry visa - this is a good opportunity for her to look around and change it to student etc visa

My situation is different - my minor children have their visas kept hostage in National Visa Center for the past 3 years awaiting for their visa numbers to be current .
    Last two months the processing dates in NVC moved from 2002 to 1999 and they say that in July they would move them even further back .
    This problem is directly related to the current illegal immigration mess
    I was everywhere , trying to push their visas / congress , representatives , president , embassy , consulates etc /
    I have to travel back and forth to my country 4-5 times a year .
    My next trip will be in August .
    This is an extremely disruptive situation - I do not how I still hold , maybe me working 20 hours a day is helping me to cope - lol
    I have my own business , I have a few employees / USC / working for me and more to come until the end of this year .
    I'd say - I am living an American Dream - lol
    What kind of a dream is it after all ?