Thread: Question...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Question...

Yesterday I got my hair cut, the stylist told me that Cook's Ham, is bringing in Romanians to work there, and that they only stay 2-3 weeks and are taken back, from where she didn't know.....said they get a fresh batch, once the others are returned.

What could they be up to?

I heard they had hired illegal Mexicans in the past and had been in trouble for doing that, so I can't figure out this one.

Cook's Ham, in Grayson, Ky., was a division of ConAgra and I believe it was sold to Smithfields.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

moosetracks,

They may not be "taken back", they may be moved to another location. That's sounds really fishy. The job may be a front to get a work Visa and there may actually be sham marriages in the making or worse.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder how I can check up on this?

For what it's worth, report it to the ICE Hotline (you'll find the toll free number on their website.) Explain to the person taking your call exactly what the hairstylist told you. And, if possible, go back to the hairstylist, or call them, and ask for a better explanation.

Maybe report it to the State Department of Labor, as well, about that company's hiring practices being really suspect. Could Dept of Health and Human Services be helpful, too? I don't know.

Call the company, too, and ask for an explanation. Tell them you have a nephew from Rumania or Bulgaria staying with you who just got his green card, and he's looking for work while going to school part time to improve his English. Maybe it'll open some doors (being sneaky.)

Ostrich

PS: If you report it, make sure you have the exact address and phone number (and website address, if appropriate) of the business.
    '

When you call ICE, you could be on hold for 20 minutes...sometimes it's less than five, but when I've called them in the past, you can be on hold for some time. Just be patient.

If you call the company, ask for the name of the Human Resources person, and their direct number.

Ostrich

TheOstrich,

Great advice! Doesn't sound like your name fits you...doesn't sound like you have your head in the sand, at all!

Moosetracks, I agree with Dixie. Something's up for sure.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Sounds a little like mail order brides to me. I bet when you come in on a work visa, you have to find a job and the employer submits something to immigration services. They are just working long enough to satisfy a requirement. Working the system.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Sounds a little like mail order brides to me. I bet when you come in on a work visa, you have to find a job and the employer submits something to immigration services. They are just working long enough to satisfy a requirement. Working the system.

Dixie
    Sounds good, but I thought when you applied for a work Visa you had to have a job before hand...maybe not.

No matter what they are doing, if this is true, they have found another way to scam the system.