Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

All that ANY illegals in the area affected by Hurricane Ike need to do is move to DALLAS, one of the nation's GREATEST illegal alien "refuge cities!"

joazinha

From what I hear, that's right.

When they get the right to vote legally, I'm thinking they will control the city.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    This is how FEMA works (as of April 2007 - from personal experience). FEMA has tightened rules after they were scammed by quite a few Katrina victims.

Before giving any money out - They DO require proof of legal status. They DO come out and inspect your home for proof of damages. They want to see documented proof that YOU live where you say you do.

IF you do not have flood insurance, they may provide you the basic necessities. If you own your home - to make habitable again (not the way it was pre-flood). Just enough to make it ok for you to live in it. Fridge, oven, heater, drywall, paint. Nowhere near what you need to rebuild.

If you do have flood insurance, FEMA gives you nothing. Flood insurance, however, is underwritten by FEMA. You get what FEMA inspectors assess the damage at - up to the value of your policy.
    You may also get rental help - again, woefully low.

If you are a renter, all you have lost are your possessions and they do not replace those.

Now the RED CROSS will help anyone, they are not ALLOWED to ask for legal status. They WILL come out and inspect your property and decide what help you need. They no longer take your word for it. Again, a result of being scammed by some Katrina victims and a ton of illegal aliens. They will provide people with food and water and basic cleaning supplies. They will give you a one-time debit card to buy clothes and basic necessities. This debit card will track your purchases.

If FEMA does help you out for the first time, you are REQUIRED to purchase flood insurance. If you do not, and rebuild, you will receive no further help next time. If your area is not insurable and you rebuild, next flood or storm, you will get no help.

Most of the help will come from volunteers. Beware of anyone offering to help for pay (the illegal aliens will do this, as they will not "help" for free).

Hope this helps a little.
    Here is my recent experience with FEMA:

We put in an application with FEMAfor damages during IKE but were not required to offer any proof of legal status as they required on their web site. They have a "Declaration and Release" form that should be filled out and given to the inspector. This form verifies that a member of the household is a citizen, non-citizen national or qualified alien of the United States. All they did ask for a copy of my insurance and last electric bill to prove I lived in our home.

I see quite a few in Houston crying about FEMA but an inspector showed up at our door Sunday night and I put in the application Saturday afternoon when we got power back on. Seemed pretty prompt to me.

Of course I didn't expect any assistance from FEMA since my home was livable and sure enough we were denied. We have insurance and money to pay for the deductable for our insurance claim. However, we are eligible for a SBA disaster loan.

Here is a link to the release form:
    http://www.fema.gov/txt/assistance/proc ... 9Bform.txt
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12