Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa
    Tell them that you need to verify that they really are immigration and that you will call them back at their office. If they really are immigration they will not be offended.

LOL.... our 14 and 12 year old "tech-tots" were the ones who somehow managed to retrieve the number the call came from....I really need to find out how they do stuff like that ....... and we did call it back.

The info the kids got has her listed under a name which sounds more like some sideshow fortune teller.....the kind that periodically get arrested for bilking people out of their life savings.......or a Madame. But certainly not any kind of "immigration employee"

And she was quite offended by the call back. Got her jumper in a regular bunch over it, you might say, and very indignantly denied that any such call came from her number.

We didn't tip our hand, at all. Just played it off as if we'd somehow gotten disconnected and I was merely calling back like the friendly, helpful professional that I am and then apologized as I seemed to have dialed the wrong number, silly me. It all but made me gag to be so darned pleasant but it was enough for my husband to confirm that it was the same woman who called and I could hear the same music and people I'd heard in the background before being hung up on.

So, now on to the next step.........I'm not generally a Monday kind of person but this is a Monday I'm actually looking forward to for a change.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Question! Which Agency Should I Report This To?

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Hope this is posted in the right place and that someone can offer some suggestions to be sure this heads toward the proper authorities.

A former tenant, whom I evicted over a year ago, wants me to write a letter verifying tenancy since 1999. These people are illegal aliens and claim they need this for immigration purposes.

I can't verify tenancy since 1999 as there's no record of them being here then. Also, because of the amount of fraudulent activity which was generating from this property, I also do not write "open letters" for any reason. They need to be going to a specific person, at a specific agency, for a specific reason, and I will fax them where I'm told they are supposed to be going.

So, just a few minutes ago we received a phone call, at home....not my office.....from a blocked number. A woman on the other end told my husband that she is with Immigration and they were demanding a letter be written immediately on behalf of these people or else there could be serious legal ramifications. My husband told her he does not handle those things so he'd put her on the line with me. As soon as I got on the line, this woman hung up.

Upon being called back the woman who answered denied any such call had been made.

Needless to say, I am not going to be bullied by liars. So, my question is this: Who do I report this impersonation of an Immigration employee to?

Secondly: Does anyone know if, there is a legitimate inquiry from Immigration, there will be something on official letterhead describing what a person needs to obtain? Will Immigration contact a former landlord, for instance, themselves if they are seeking information on a person?

I just think that would be a handy thing to know for future reference.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
    You are in Arizona----contact Russell Pearce's Office!!! Russell will be able to answer all of your questions about this!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Re: Question! Which Agency Should I Report This To?

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Hope this is posted in the right place and that someone can offer some suggestions to be sure this heads toward the proper authorities.

A former tenant, whom I evicted over a year ago, wants me to write a letter verifying tenancy since 1999. These people are illegal aliens and claim they need this for immigration purposes.

I can't verify tenancy since 1999 as there's no record of them being here then. Also, because of the amount of fraudulent activity which was generating from this property, I also do not write "open letters" for any reason. They need to be going to a specific person, at a specific agency, for a specific reason, and I will fax them where I'm told they are supposed to be going.

So, just a few minutes ago we received a phone call, at home....not my office.....from a blocked number. A woman on the other end told my husband that she is with Immigration and they were demanding a letter be written immediately on behalf of these people or else there could be serious legal ramifications. My husband told her he does not handle those things so he'd put her on the line with me. As soon as I got on the line, this woman hung up.

Upon being called back the woman who answered denied any such call had been made.

Needless to say, I am not going to be bullied by liars. So, my question is this: Who do I report this impersonation of an Immigration employee to?

Secondly: Does anyone know if, there is a legitimate inquiry from Immigration, there will be something on official letterhead describing what a person needs to obtain? Will Immigration contact a former landlord, for instance, themselves if they are seeking information on a person?

I just think that would be a handy thing to know for future reference.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
    Tell them that you want a letter requesting this information----which includes the contact information for the person/agency with the Immigration Dept!!! Tell them that you will investigate to see if the request/Immigration Agency is legitimate.

If they are just up to something fraudulent, you will not hear from them again!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I don't answer blocked phone calls, period!
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12