Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A question for hak51, newpilgrimfamily and chicano

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

badthingsman....thank you.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    On DD's site (not on MATT, but on the other site that I believe is now shut down?), she wrote that one of her group's missions was to "stop unnecessary abortions". Now, I don't want to start an abortion debate here, because that's not my point. My point is that in the Mexican culture, personal responsibility with regard to reproduction seems to be a total unknown. I hate to say this, but it's almost akin to the way animals reproduce....mindless and purely instinctive.
    In the latino culture once the girls turn 15 the parents offically have a party for the girls and they consider them full adults and have no problem with them going out having children (in fact they're happy when they do and are upset if they don't). But even if they get pregnant before that age it's still no problemo and they're all happy.

With the boys I think it's even worse with the parents turning a total blind eye to their activities.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

loservillelabor wrote:

In the latino culture once the girls turn 15 the parents offically have a party for the girls and they consider them full adults and have no problem with them going out having children (in fact they're happy when they do and are upset if they don't). But even if they get pregnant before that age it's still no problemo and they're all happy.
    And herein lies a PRIME example of one of the differences between the American culture and the Hispanic culture. In the American culture, 15-year-old girls are NOT encouraged to have sex, much less reproduce. A 15-year-old girl getting pregnant is a tragedy in our culture, not something to celebrate.

I've been in the grocery store (especially on Tuesdays....the day the WIC food coupons are distributed) and have seen very young Hispanic women (teenagers, really) with toddlers and pregnant. It totally scares the you-know-what out of me. How on earth can the U.S. handle the burden of all these teen mothers???
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    loservillelabor wrote:

And herein lies a PRIME example of one of the differences between the American culture and the Hispanic culture. In the American culture, 15-year-old girls are NOT encouraged to have sex, much less reproduce. A 15-year-old girl getting pregnant is a tragedy in our culture, not something to celebrate.

I've been in the grocery store (especially on Tuesdays....the day the WIC food coupons are distributed) and have seen very young Hispanic women (teenagers, really) with toddlers and pregnant. It totally scares the you-know-what out of me. How on earth can the U.S. handle the burden of all these teen mothers???
    I forgot it's called a Quinceañera.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

And if we truly did need more babies, we don't specifically need illegal alien non-english speaking anchor babies. We could produce children from US Citizen parents thank you very much.
    Absolutly the truth. There are no shortage of people. My family in the past were farmers. They had 12-15 kids and those kids had about that many. You needed help on the farm. But when they went to the industrial means.....it wasn't an extra hand....it was an additional mouth to feed. And they didn't have food stamps and WIC and all that. You had to support them.....alone. No freebies.

Now I could be wrong.......but I remember when they were doing the medicade reform. At that time it was mostly poor black and white on the program. They cracked down! You couldn't have one kid after another year after another in order to stay on Welfare. After your 2nd child they were talking getting tubes tied etc. They had to stop the abuse of the system. But as soon as they stopped it........they just turned around and opened up the same thing to the Mexicans that they just got done stopping.! But then they made it where you could be married, have a fancy vehicle, have a job etc. etc. etc.!!!!

They didn't fix the problem......it's like they cleared out the people dependant upon it in order to make way for the next wave!!

I know many Mexicans are catholic(sp?) and don't beleive in birth-control and may use the "be fruitful and multiply" as the reason for so many babies. Again.....I may be wrong....but I thought it was a proclamation to the Jews, at a time when there weren't that many people to begin with. Or maybe it was just to Adam and Eve. I don't know. We also had the basic rules of survival that naturally weeded out our population. We don't have that as much anymore. We also used to have moms that could stay at home and raise their children and means in which a man could support his family. Those all changed too. Now it's like they've done an about face again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ya....your called a S..., or worse.

It's not like at one time it wasn't celebrated. "Sweet 16 and never been kissed" to the bad "Sweet 16 and never been missed". Granted it wasn't a big comming out party like the Royals had.....but there was a moral standing. "Nice girls" vs "Bad girls".

"Shot-gun weddings" and all......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoIllegalsAllowed
    loservillelabor wrote:

I forgot it's called a Quinceañera.
    I do not think that the people of the hispanic culture necessarily encourage their children to have sex and reproduce as teenagers. Though some of them do, I would be more inclined to put them in a category of people who have poor family values, lack healthy morals, and are overall trashy. This, of course, can and will include people of many ethnicities.

In Mexico, many children are forced to grow up and act as adults a lot earlier in life than they probably should be. For example, when I was in Mexico on a mission trip, I met an 8-year-old boy who had been on his own since he was 5-years-old. He worked for himself, bought his own food and clothes, and found his way into a shelter that cares for children so he could have a place to sleep. To him and his friends, it was not a huge deal; that's just how things are.

Due to a lack of laws (or enforcement of existing laws), situations like this are somewhat common in some countries. It is a harsh reality, and it seems as though the situation itself has influenced the cultures of some groups to openly accept adulthood at very young ages.

It was not uncommon about 100 or 200 years ago for American children to marry at the age of 14. Some studies even claim that the Virgin Mary was somewhere around 13 years of age when she carried Jesus. This standard of living was a direct reflection of social situations where the average lifespan was much shorter than it is today. Modern medicine has enabled us to prolong life, which in turn provides us the luxury of allowing our children to develop into adults before marrying and starting families.

It would be a very wise decision for people who migrate to the USA to adopt our culture as it would benefit them greatly. They can still continue to eat their traditional foods, listen to their traditional music, and even have their traditional parties and celebrations (Quinceañeras, etc.). People can adapt to American culture without abandoning their own. That's one of the things that makes this nation so great: diversity. Many of us come from different cultural backgrounds, but we can all unify under the U.S. flag and share the American dream respectfully. When our practices and beliefs begin to impose on the lives of others, we have crossed the boundries of our freedom and need to realign.

The problem with diversity isn't the [basically] harmless differences in certain traditions, religions or values among different cultures; instead, it's the profound evolutionary differences between people from 3rd world countries vs. people from developed countries that can have devastating consequences.

Take, for instance, the middle-east. These people have not had their reformation yet, and they are, in many ways, still living in the dark ages.

The problem with the Mexican and Central American illegals is that, like many parts of the middle-east, they're coming from such a profoundly different "reality" than anything even the poorest present-day American citizens have ever known. The illegals are from a corrupt 3rd world country whose peasant class is still embracing survival techniques that went out in the U.S. decades ago. And to bring back a past way of thinking and living that Americans rose above so long ago is very frightening to Americans, and it's why we want immigrants to assimilate into the American culture. The thought of a growing and separate culture in the U.S. whereby people live 30 to a house, have babies at 15, and are willing to do ANYTYHING (even if it's illegal) to basically perpetuate their own exploitation and poverty, is very daunting.

The U.S. is a constantly evolving nation, with free thinkers and forward-moving attitudes. We embrace certain long-standing traditions, and shed old ones that don't make sense anymore. We Americans stand for innovation and progress; therefore, we're not prepared to open our arms and hearts to an insurgence of people who have not yet risen above just their basic need to survive.

Before you start criticizing, learn the facts about mexican culture.

There are many reasons why they have so many kids. One part is because the vast majority, like me, are catholic. The catholic church is against abortion, contraception drugs, and even condoms. They believe women should have "as most children as God gives them." I actually disagree, and believe that you should not have more kids than you can afford.

Also in Mexico, parents have a lot of kids to help out with the agriculture work. And when they illegally come here to work, what kind of work do they do? Thats right. Agriculture work.

You whole "quincenera" idea is flat out wrong. Learn the facts. In our culture, when a girl turns 15, she is no longer considered a girl but a young woman. That does not mean she has to start reproducing as soon as the party is over. It just means she has permission to start dating. Actually, most hispanics are still devoted to the idea that women should be virgins until they are married. Once again, it ties the Catholic religion.

And it is not only the illegal immigrants that have huge families.

Chicano - your answers to my question regarding the birth rate amongst Hispanics is likely right on the money.

Here in the U.S., however, [most] people do not allow their religion to encourage them to do things that are self-destructive.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast