Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Question on new Social Security Laws

Has anyone had a need to get a replacement social security card lately? I went in today to apply for my brother in law one because he lost his and it says they require a birth certificate or hospital records. He's almost 90 now and wasn't born in a hospital, so no records there. Is he going to have to go to the city where he was born to get his birth certificate? Geeze, the illegals don't have to go through all this.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

I've always had to take birthcertificate and divorce records. What I thought was funny was when I went to get my first daughters. She was 4 days old and they wanted 3 forms of identification. I'm like how? She's just a few days old? Fortunatly hospital bracelet and bassenette card qualified.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I've always had to take birthcertificate and divorce records. What I thought was funny was when I went to get my first daughters. She was 4 days old and they wanted 3 forms of identification. I'm like how? She's just a few days old? Fortunatly hospital bracelet and bassenette card qualified.

I love those qualifications
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

did you ask them if you could use a fake birth certificate?
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

SS card

ruthiela,

I've had to get a replacement birth certificate, cause mine was burnt up in my house fire.

I was able to do it by mail, but I didn't have to rush.

Do you know where he was born...city and state? If so call them...try to find someone who is sympathetic to the fact that he's 90 (Bless him!), and get them to tell you the quickest way.

Course, I replaced mine ~1995...don't know what you have to do now...probably more complicated. But I'd try calling first, and be really nice. With all the noise about illegals right now, state workers probably aren't going to want to hear diatribes about fraudulent ID!

Please let us know how it goes! Good luck!

You know, Folks, this is a very good reason to make copies of everything important and send it to trusted family around the country. Hurricane Andrew taught us that. Katrina should have reminded us, and Hurricane Bush may be making it necessary. Paper Copies!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

thanks........i'll try that.........just hope I don't have to press 1 for Spanish 2 for English
    I know he had a bc when he started drawing social secuity and he says he can't remember what he did with that either.
    He wasn't born too far from here about a 2 1/2 hr drive, but it does seem like they can do it on the phone somehow
    Yes, it is a really good idea to have copies made of all important documents. You never know what might happen. Hurricanes, tornados, floods etc. I have all my important documents, birth certificates, social security cards, marriage license, death certificates for my son, insurance papers and wills all put in plastic ziplock bags locked in my safe. Then I have copies made and put in a safety deposit box at the bank. And I don't even live next to the coast.
    But here we do get some tornados when hurricanes hit the NC coast.
    I'll let you know what they tell me. Thanks all.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Each state is a little different, so this may or may not apply to you.

If a birth certificate was never issued, perhaps an "Affidavit of Birth" will be necessary. They are like a birth cert. but for people not born in hospitals.

After the Patriot Act was passed, it became harder to get copies of documents without either some proof of identity or a signed Power of Attorney. In my state I had to get a power of attorney so that I could get my dad's affidavit of birth. (He was born in this country, but on a remote ranch.)

Also, a certified copy of the b.c. might require a fee. I'd go to the county seat if his city of birth was not the county seat.

A genealogist or someone from the LDS church might be able to give you better information.
    But as I said, each state is different.

It's always good to have Certified copies of these documents stored at the county court house.

This also includes DD-214's, etc.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Wow!! I lost my SS card years and years ago. When I needed it, I just told them my number and it sufficed. We were going to be in Washington State for an extended period of time and I decided while I was there I had better get a replacement.

I just gave my number and about 30 seconds later, she said - "Ok Mrs. ----, you were born ----, in --------Texas, your mother, etc., etc. I didn't have to show any ID.

We just recently applied for SS. We were working right next door to the county where I was born in S. Texas, so I decided to go there and get my birth certificate. I have a certified copy, but it was at home. This strange document I got looks nothing like a birth certificate. There is no information on it but my name, date of birth, and place of birth (I think). There was no parents name, no doctor's signature - no nothing. Those things would be so easy to reproduce - it isn't even funny.

One copy I have is a photostatic copy of the original certificate - this one looks more like a diploma from a preschool - all red scrolly stuff all over it - and almost no information. Do you think they are trying to make it easy for the forgers?????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who is in control?

Unfortunately the government in it's haste to serve illegal aliens has made things harder for us. Remember it has given illegal aliens the right to use fraudulent documentation to include social security numbers to claim benefits while denying those same benefits to US citizens by making the application process more difficult for us. I was watching MSNBC. It was so disgusting to see wounded veterans returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan and facing financial hardship while fighting the government for assistance while it provides billions of dollars and continues to pile on the benefits for illegal aliens. And I hear our traitorous horse's posterior of a president is looking at further cuts in VA funding. I as a veteran for 24 years including combat and drawing disablity am so utterly disgusted when this drug cartel, Fortune 500, Mexican Mafia run defacto Mexican government in Washington tells American citizens to screw themselves and kisses Latino aliens and their supporters asses. I am so ashamed, tired, disgusted and fed up with that Benedict Arnold who has accomplished absolutely nothing but take up space in the oval office. I have never felt more contempt for a president and this government as I do now. Bush and the Senate have dishonored their elected offices and ultimately the American people.