Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The question we all ask,

Most any of the ALIPAC members that joined before 6/10/2007, know that I moved from California to Oklahoma(6/07).
    We all know that Oklahoma pass an Immigration Bill this year.

Everyone one here and anyone "Directly" affected by "Illegal Immigration" has ask the "unanswered" question :
    "Why half of our country is not aware or more concerned about "Illegal Immigration"?
    Within the 2 1/2 months I`ve lived here and when time permitted, I've did a small amount of research on that question.
    Here are some of the results, but first let me point out the type of people we're dealing with and the reason I decided to do this.
    When I lived In CA, I was (as you are now) "Directly" affected by "Illegal Immigration" and I was very active on the issue 24/7. The main reason, Illegals were (are) everywhere, including in our daily life, which in turn makes anyone in this situation, constantly hold a very tense and unstable feeling in their stomach, or a feeling of entrapment.
    I live in a small town of app, 22.000 people(73 mi, S of OklahomaCity) with smaller towns around me.
    After leaving California I nolonger hold that feeling of being directly affected. At first I wondered why, but then it became obvious, nowhere do I see Graffitti painted everywhere, trashed dumped along roads, streets and fields,or even stores and Medical Clinics or street corners packed with Illegals and nowhere do I see "Illegals".
    So I have just learned the difference between being "Directly" and "InDirectly" affected by "Illegal Immigration".

The people I talked to were, "Independent" Farmers and Ranchers, small Business owners and residents.
    Everyone I talked to very concered and most were very upset about it. But the main problem is, there is no where to express their concerns and so not being "Directly" affected, the subject is hardly ever comes to conversation.
    I would like to find away to change that.
    Remember, I`m only speaking for a small part of the state.
    I will do more on this subject.

I know that there are other members who have move to less affected areas.
    I would like to hear what kind of changes they`ve experienced.
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    mk, glad to see you!! I would like to put forth my two cents worth on this.

Living up here in Oregon, we do have a reasonable share, but up here, they are simply more subdued, I think because of not only the social climate up here (being highly outnumbered by Americans), but also due to the fact that they have less of a foothold in our main cities.

I know we may never see it as it is in Southern California, and I hope we never do.

Since the smaller population is less visible up here, many people simply do not see it as a problem, but I keep telling them "yet, but it will be if you sit back and do nothing to help nationwide". I encourage people to find local groups or come to ALIPAC.

When people become more informed about how bad it is, maybe not in their own communities or state even, they can see that it will be their problem soon and then they would have wished they had spoken up when it was less of an issue.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've been trying to do something for Idaho, too. I'm in cahoots with one of our state Senators to see what can be done for Idaho. The southern part of the state is already overrun, but the north so far is relatively clear of illegals. Just a scattered few. I've thought of taking out an ad in the paper and having a town or county meeting to inform people. Then maybe it will spread throughout the state.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    AmericanElizabeth wrote:

I know we may never see it as it is in Southern California, and I hope we never do.
    You may not, however, it is possible your children and their children will unless we're successful in reversing current trends.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    MW, we will be, I really believe we will be. The reason I feel so sure is that I am hearing more and more people speaking out in public about stuff.

I used to think that most Oregonians had become either so liberal/bleeding heart, or so complacent that they simply did not care to be concerned, but now I know, more people are taking these little steps every day here, and it is growing.

We need to keep informing people, keep the conversations going and keep handing out the ALIPAC fliers. We will win this, I KNOW we will.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The people you should really get the word out to are the Alaskans. Alaskans live in a fairytale world where illegal immigration is nothing but a racist, redneck issue.

As far as California goes, stick a fork in it, it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth

Since the smaller population is less visible up here, many people simply do not see it as a problem, but I keep telling them "yet, but it will be if you sit back and do nothing to help nationwide". I encourage people to find local groups or come to ALIPAC.

When people become more informed about how bad it is, maybe not in their own communities or state even, they can see that it will be their problem soon and then they would have wished they had spoken up when it was less of an issue.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I've been trying to do something for Idaho, too. I'm in cahoots with one of our state Senators to see what can be done for Idaho. The southern part of the state is already overrun, but the north so far is relatively clear of illegals. Just a scattered few. I've thought of taking out an ad in the paper and having a town or county meeting to inform people. Then maybe it will spread throughout the state.
    I strongly urge all those with organizational skills to do just that. We still have a lot of people who are uninformed and a lot of others who have the disease of apathy. Local groups are vital to this fight.

This is particularly important to areas like my own where we are not yet inundated with illegals. It is easier to pass local enforcement ordinances without all those shrill voices overshadowing reason.

Re: The question we all ask,

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Most any of the ALIPAC members that joined before 6/10/2007, know that I moved from California to Oklahoma(6/07).
    We all know that Oklahoma pass an Immigration Bill this year.

Everyone one here and anyone "Directly" affected by "Illegal Immigration" has ask the "unanswered" question :
    "Why half of our country is not aware or more concerned about "Illegal Immigration"?
    Within the 2 1/2 months I`ve lived here and when time permitted, I've did a small amount of research on that question.
    Here are some of the results, but first let me point out the type of people we're dealing with and the reason I decided to do this.
    When I lived In CA, I was (as you are now) "Directly" affected by "Illegal Immigration" and I was very active on the issue 24/7. The main reason, Illegals were (are) everywhere, including in our daily life, which in turn makes anyone in this situation, constantly hold a very tense and unstable feeling in their stomach, or a feeling of entrapment.
    I live in a small town of app, 22.000 people(73 mi, S of OklahomaCity) with smaller towns around me.
    After leaving California I nolonger hold that feeling of being directly affected. At first I wondered why, but then it became obvious, nowhere do I see Graffitti painted everywhere, trashed dumped along roads, streets and fields,or even stores and Medical Clinics or street corners packed with Illegals and nowhere do I see "Illegals".
    So I have just learned the difference between being "Directly" and "InDirectly" affected by "Illegal Immigration".

The people I talked to were, "Independent" Farmers and Ranchers, small Business owners and residents.
    Everyone I talked to very concered and most were very upset about it. But the main problem is, there is no where to express their concerns and so not being "Directly" affected, the subject is hardly ever comes to conversation.
    I would like to find away to change that.
    Remember, I`m only speaking for a small part of the state.
    I will do more on this subject.

I know that there are other members who have move to less affected areas.
    I would like to hear what kind of changes they`ve experienced.
    Before I as kicked out for being "racist" I belonged to a forum where a regular poster from Hawaii laughed at my (and other's) concerns about illegal aliens.

She had never seen one.

Gee, big surprise. Imagine swimming THAT river!

When you are very wealthy, of course, you are not directly impacted by the illegals no matter what. Look at how long it took Limbaugh to start talking about them (he ignored the situation until the grassroots uprising against the Bush-Kennedy Scamnesty smacked him in the face; he STILL supports Bush, by the way).

When you live someplace (and these are growing rare--even Alaska is awash in illegals from Mexico and Latin America, taking the $40-50k/yr fishing industry jobs "Americans won't do!!") where it's not a big problem, you can easily shrug your shoulders and say "meh." I am a little surprised that you live in rural OK and are not severely impacted by this. Where I live (part of Aztlan) some of our rural counties are declaring insolvency because of having to extend various county services--primarily welfare and medical--to so many illegals, who pay nothing back into the system, and most of them work for farms and ranches.

I think these counties ought to pass laws levying very, very heavy taxes against any farm/ranch operation that cannot beyond a shadow of a doubt proove that every employee is here legally. Let the criminals pay for their criminal employees' welfare and "free" medical.

Tokie

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I strongly urge all those with organizational skills to do just that. We still have a lot of people who are uninformed and a lot of others who have the disease of apathy. Local groups are vital to this fight.

This is particularly important to areas like my own where we are not yet inundated with illegals. It is easier to pass local enforcement ordinances without all those shrill voices overshadowing reason.
    Good ideas.

Not where I live. We are a "sanctuary state" where the mayor of the biggest city and the governor get together and throw darts at a picture of Tom Tancredo.

Tokie

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    The people you should really get the word out to are the Alaskans. Alaskans live in a fairytale world where illegal immigration is nothing but a racist, redneck issue.

As far as California goes, stick a fork in it, it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth

Do you mean the Mexican colony of California?

Tokie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast