Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

They will also become faithful Democratic voters feeding at the trough of taxpayers from generation to generation.

At the founding of America, Ben Franklin was asked what kind of government they just created. His response was "A Republic, If You Can Keep It"

Note:
    Statement of HON. RON PAUL OF TEXAS
    January 31 & February 2, 2000
    http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congr ... 020200.htm

In the days to come, if we lose the battle on illegal immigration, we lose America.

Be sure to see Immigration Gumballs
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1393887069

Not to mention that if these illegal's become legalized then they will then have to be paid a normal wage. Greedy employers will then start looking for more cheap labor and will need a new pool of illegal invaders and the whole cycle continues!!! Amnesty did not work before and it will not work now! It will create more of the same!! Enforce our immigration laws!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Not to mention that if these illegal's become legalized then they will then have to be paid a normal wage. Greedy employers will then start looking for more cheap labor and will need a new pool of illegal invaders and the whole cycle continues!!! Amnesty did not work before and it will not work now! It will create more of the same!! Enforce our immigration laws!!!!
    This is what I was thinking also! Where does it end? Pretty soon employers will be training chimps to do the low skilled work....as long as bannanas stay cheap enough.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Amnesty did not work before and it will not work now! It will create more of the same!! Enforce our immigration laws!!!!
    I suspect that the McCain-Kennedy amnesty legislation was a cover to keep the old laws from being enforced by passing new laws that would have "enforcement" provisions that would also not be enforced.

McCain completely lost his credibility with the legislation.

Regarding illegal aliens, the problem is not simply about money. For example, if I steal $100 from the cash register at Hardee's and I am caught, can I expect to avoid jail time or any other consequences by simply paying back the $100? Unlikely...and most of these illegal aliens aren't exactly throwing themselves at the mercy of the court and asking for leniency.

The fictional money stolen from Hardee's above is secondary to the fact that dishonest, malicious actions were executed against the victim. If that act is not punished when it is detected, I don't think we can seriously expect to enforce any laws. A lawful society doesn't have 'get out of jail free' cards.

Finally, if one could pay his way for legal residence, could he not also pay his way for other forms of justice? The eventual outcome would probably end up with justice being available to the highest bidder...much more so than now.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    Regarding illegal aliens, the problem is not simply about money. For example, if I still $100 from the cash register at Hardee's and I am caught, can I expect to avoid jail time or any other consequences by simply paying back the $100? Unlikely...and most of these illegal aliens aren't exactly throwing themselves at the mercy of the court and asking for leniency.

The fictional money stolen from Hardee's above is secondary to the fact that dishonest, malicious actions were executed against the victim. If that act is not punished when it is detected, I don't think we can seriously expect to enforce any laws. A lawful society doesn't have 'get out of jail free' cards.
    GREAT point apropos!!

I have a Mexican co-worker who is currently working to get his green card and eventually legally become an American citizen...I asked him if he thought they should grant amnesy to IA's. His answer was that perhaps they should grant amnesty to those who have been been law abiding, have no criminal record and are paying taxes. I then asked him "How would you identify those who should be granted amnesty?" He didn't have an answer. I then mentioned that those who are here illegally have already broken the law so they already are not law abiding. He also didn't have an answer to this. I find it amazing that the people who argue FOR amnesty have so little understanding about the huge problems that IA's have already created for this country. It always seems to boil down to this emotional feeling of "these poor people are only here to try to survive". The answer is maybe yes, maybe no. But in the end, the U.S. can't and shouldn't be the caretaker for "poor people" the world over. Without laws and without control of who is allowed to come into our country we would no longer be what our forefathers worked for to become what we are today.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    Regarding illegal aliens, the problem is not simply about money. For example, if I steal $100 from the cash register at Hardee's and I am caught, can I expect to avoid jail time or any other consequences by simply paying back the $100? Unlikely...and most of these illegal aliens aren't exactly throwing themselves at the mercy of the court and asking for leniency.

Finally, if one could pay his way for legal residence, could he not also pay his way for other forms of justice? The eventual outcome would probably end up with justice being available to the highest bidder...much more so than now.
    Doesn't it kind of remind you of how a certain country south of our border is run? Money here, money there, corruption, corruption everywhere???

Re: A questioni was asked.... Legal Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by Speak_English
    A chick asked me

" If the 20Mil illegals were forced to pay taxes, Would it be that bad?, We already pay for them... all the census are way off because they are not part of the Positive income. If we could get an ID system where EVERYBODY had to have it Immigrant or not. Could that work?"

I was like let me get back to ya lol
    And what does that do for the people around the world who have waited their turn to come and be Americans? What do you tell them, and what message does that send to them?

No RIFDs either. Unless you have repeat offenders who keep coming back time and again. Tag 'em and that way they can be followed and pinpointed on a map. Act like a criminal, don't cry when you're treated like one.

Re: A questioni was asked.... Legal Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by Speak_English
    A chick asked me

" If the 20Mil illegals were forced to pay taxes, Would it be that bad?, We already pay for them... all the census are way off because they are not part of the Positive income. If we could get an ID system where EVERYBODY had to have it Immigrant or not. Could that work?"

I was like let me get back to ya lol
    All of them I have talked to don't care about being legal. They are only here to earn as much money as they can and go back to Mexico to enjoy what they earned. They even leave their families in Mexico so someone is there to get the money. If these people were interested in doing anything legally they would have they would have done it legal from the get go. This is exactly why they refuse to assimilate.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12