Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Questions about citizenship

i hope i am posting this in the correct place. If not i do apoligize. Ok here is my question. I have a friend that is wanting to move out of his parents house and he is 18 but from Russia. He moved to the united states when he was 12. Now when he was 16 he left his parents house but they called the cops on him and had him arrested and his parents are saying that they signed some kind of form that if he trys to move out or leave his parents house again they will send him back to Russia. He is also saying that this form is good until he is 25 is this all true. He wanted me to find out cause the conditions at home are becoming unlivable (very abusive parents). so hopefully someone can answer my question so my friend can move out with any problems.
    Thank you in advance

I would suggest that he go to the local police department. What else ? We don't know what form this is. But if he's being abused and he's 18, they should be able to give him some good advise on what he can or should do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ok thank you for the advice i will have him go down to the police department that was my next step for him if i couldnt find any info about this form or what his parents are threatning him with

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well I am definitely not a lawyer, but something smells fishy about that. The laws here are if you are 18 you are free to go.

He needs to be checkig if his parents kept up on his visa to be here, and if they did, then that's ok, he next need to work on becoming a citizen. He is responsible for that now that he is 18. Otherwise he needs to be checking with ICE to see about his status and of there are problems he can ask them for help in correcting them, he also needs to bring into the conversation about his families abusive situation.

Now this I do know about folks from Russia, they are extremely private about their family situations. You may have to convince him that this is the right thing to do. My daughters friend was being abused by her father and when my daughter told her to call the police (her father drug her by her hair into the house and threw her against the wall), she kept saying no, I don't want the government in this.

If he goes to someone who can help him not only with the abuse in his life, but they could be advocates for him to get on his feet and become a citizen, freeing him from the abusive grip his parents have had him in.

I think that the law is on his side. Police rarely have parents "sign forms" to guarantee they would keep their kids in line, and especially ones that say he would be deported (by himself, underage???), I highly doubt the validity of the parents word.

Tell your friend that he needs to be unafraid of people in authority here, they are not going to do wrong by him.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ok let me ask you this what if he marrys a us citizen will he become a citizen of the US and not to worry about the his visa

Banned
    If you are planning or thinking of marrying him to get around immigration law that marriage will be found to be fraudulent and WILL NOT be deemed to be valid. The best help you can give your friend is to tell him to go to the authorities as soon as possible, and deal with the consequences. I highly doubt his parents have signed anything that would cause his deportation. If anything, his allegations of abuse would cause his PARENTS deportation, not his.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    mnwtn, I wanted to say this before and forgot. My oldest daughter is now 23, she was, let's say it nicely, a handful in her teen years.

Needless to say as a parent I have dealt with authorities in regards to all sorts of "happenings" and never once have they had me sign any form guaranteeing I would keep her at home and in complete submission, with a penalty of any kind if I failed to say the least.

So I feel 99.9% sure this is not true and your friends parents are using this lame excuse to keep him at home after 18, and under their control.

Like I said, he needs to go about it in the right way. That is the only way it will work out for the best. If you try to find and easy way out for him, it will only lead to trouble that neither of you want, especially him.

Good luck, and tell him, we are all rooting for him.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Guys, I really think we've given him all the information that we can. Some of us are questioning his question to us about if his friend marries an American if he can he stay in the U.S. It's not sounding too good.

Let's hope he goes to the police in his area if there is a problem. What more can we do ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)