Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[color=blue]I'm not sure if you wanted reports from “the other sideâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Added an article above to the Homepage:
    http://www.alipac.us/article-3150--0-0.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Immigrants and workers march in St. Paul

By Katrina Plotz , TC Daily Planet
    May 02, 2008

“Aqui estamos y no nos vamos!â€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

More feedback from "the other side"
    ==================

Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 14:22:00 -0700 (PDT)
    Subject: MAYAN CALENDAR NEWS: IT'S TIME FOR "UNA MARCHA" (A march) ON WASHINGTON D.C.!!!

OK MAYAN READERS,

Yesterday's march in Chicago was a tremendous success!! Not because of the numbers, but because of who the marchers were....thousands of young High School and collge/university students made up the vast majority of the participants in the Chicago May Day march.

Official estimates were between 10/15 thousand marchers. 10 de Marzo estimates are 50 thousand marchers. I estimate that there were at least 20 thousand assembled in the Federal Plaza and spilling out onto Dearborn Street.

And Gente, they were mostly young warriors....men, women, children....the next generation of community activists and leaders....they were there in great numbers...full of enthusiasm and determination.

That to me is a good sign!

And now, the way I see it.....after the success of the May day marches across the country...it is now time for a March on Washington D.C......a march for Immigration Reform!!!

I propose that Friday October 10th, 2008....be the date for a massive March on Washington...just in time for El Dia de la Raza.....and less than a month before the Presidential elections!!!

What say ye Gente???

March on Washington...October 10, 2008!!!

Carlos Perez
    Founder/Editor
    Mayan Calendar News

Those reports sound like there are a lot of extra people here that were not needed at work yesterday.

It sounds to me like it is time for them to pack up and return to their countries of origin.

Carlos exaggerates....

March, rally smaller but still spirited
    City immigration event draws about 15,000

By Antonio Olivo, Vanessa Bauzá and Carlos Sadovi
    Tribune reporters 9:14 PM CDT, May 1, 2008

Thursday's crowd of marchers was much smaller than those in years past, but for several hours they filled downtown Chicago with the echoing beats of drums and deafening chants for Immigration reform.

Nearly 15,000 demonstrators—a tenth the tally at last year's May Day march, far short of the estimated 400,000 in 2006—made up for their numbers with youthful energy, in what Chicago police said was a peaceful event.

Fears of a backlash had kept many immigrants away from the march in Chicago and other cities that also held "May Day" demonstrations Thursday.

Others worried about provoking federal officials already engaged in a crackdown on illegal immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    Those reports sound like there are a lot of extra people here that were not needed at work yesterday.
    School doesn't seem to be important either.

But for Carolina Ballines, 15, a freshman at West Aurora High School, those fears were precisely why she cut school to join the march.

Even Mayor Richard M. Daley got caught up in the teen spirit. During a version of the Woody Guthrie song "This Land is Your Land," Daley took the stage and began bouncing up and down, pogo-style, with others there. His face flushing red and his tie flapping, the happy mayor pointed to the surrounding skyscrapers and shouted, "Immigrants built these buildings!"

Looks like Mayor Daley had nothing more important to do that day either. So he was there and personally whitnessed the building of the skyscrapers way back when immigrants built them? Does he not recognize the difference between legal and illegal immigrants?
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 1541.story
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    May Day rally briefly turns ugly in Olympia

Story Updated: May 1, 2008 at 6:38 PM PDT
    By KOMO Staff & News Services

OLYMPIA, Wash. - Six people taking part in a May Day rally in Olympia were arrested Thursday afternoon in a melee that included vandalism and breaking windows at a pair of banks in downtown Olympia.

Video from Air 4 showed two windows were destroyed at a Bank of America branch, and windows were also reportedly broken at the branch of an Olympia Federal Savings bank.

Witnesses told KOMO 1000 NewsRadio that police had to use pepper spray and rubber bullets to disperse the crowd.

"I was just driving through the downtown area on 5th and Water Street and there was a bunch of police vehicles approaching at the same time and a large crowd sort of in the intersection of 5th and Water," said witness Val Kvool. "I don't know what sparked it, but I saw four to five people being arrested; the police started spraying pepper spray into the crowd to disperse them, and I saw one police officer fire several rounds of rubber bullets to one person who was in the group protesting."

Teresa Hall works at the Heritage Bank near the area.

"We watched them walk by the front of our building and break the windows of the Bank of America Building," she said. "They broke the windows, and as soon as they did that, all of a sudden cop cars came from everywhere and they sealed off the 5th Avenue and the alley behind the bank... and they had a non-violent confrontation with the protester and it looked like they hauled him away."

Olympia police say more than two dozen people also gathered outside City Hall, while the State Patrol says the rally also spread to the Capitol, disrupting activities there and leaving some graffiti in the marble halls.

A group endorsed by a number of organizations had a permit to rally at a park downtown and march to the Capitol, calling for immigrant rights and an end to the war in Iraq.

Meantime in Seattle, several thousand pro-immigration demonstrators marched through the streets to reinvigorate reform efforts, especially at the state level.

Advocates say this year's message targeted local politics instead of federal policy because of growing concern with how some police departments in the state treat immigrants.

The large crowd marched carrying Mexican flags and anti-trade banners. One banner read in Spanish and English, "Washington protect all workers."

Immigration advocates used May 1 to advance their message.

http://www.komotv.com/news/18468729.html
    Added to Home Page
    http://www.alipac.us/article3152.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Hundreds rally in Detroit in support of immigrant rights
    By DAVID RUNK, Associated Press Writer

Story Updated: May 1, 2008 at 4:30 PM EDT

DETROIT (AP) — Carrying a sign with "They can't deport us all" handwritten on one side, 15-year-old Eduardo Casillas said he took Thursday off school to join hundreds rallying in his neighborhood in support of strengthened immigrant rights.

The sophomore at Western High School was born in the U.S., but has family from Mexico and said comprehensive immigration reform needs to be an important issue in this year's presidential race.

"Most people just came here for better jobs, better lives, to help their families," Casillas said.

The rally and march through the streets of southwest Detroit was part of a nationwide series of May Day protests organized by activists hoping to re-ignite the immigration debate and set an agenda for the next president. But turnout has fallen since the first nationwide rallies were held in 2006.

"The fight to defend our people is not just having a rally and going home and doing nothing," Baldemar Velasquez, the 61-year-old president of the Toledo, Ohio-based Farm Labor Organizing Committee, told the crowd at a Detroit park. "It's going home and fighting in the front to stop the raids, to stop the local police from working with the immigration authorities."

The neighborhood where the rally took place has a large Mexican American and Hispanic population. About half of residents claim a Hispanic heritage, according to the Southwest Detroit Business Association.

The throng of people was four city blocks in length as it made its way through streets that were closed to traffic. Detroit police said Thursday they didn't plan to release an official crowd estimate.

Janet Warren, 60, of Berkley, said she was at the rally for a second year and carried a red, white and blue sign that read "United We Stand" on one side and "Legalize hard work" on the other. She said a lack of progress on immigration reform over the past year made it necessary to attend.

"This is not a way for people to live, in fear," she said. "These people are here. We are a nation of immigrants. We are one people."

Those taking part in the march carried signs that featured messages in both English and Spanish. Among them: "Stop raids and deportations that separate families" and "Legalization for all immigrants now."

Spectators, including families with young children waving U.S. and Mexican flags, lined the route of the march, and some joined in as the marchers passed. Some wore Mexican flags draped over their shoulders.

"It is going to help my family and friends," said marcher Hugo Orozzo, a 17-year-old Western High senior.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/regional/18459154.html
    Added to Home PAge
    http://www.alipac.us/article3153.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Workplace and neighborhood raids simply lead to firings, deportations and separation of family members.
    Exactly what they're intented to do.
    ------------------------

This is EXACTLY why we have to do something about anchor babies. It will get MUCH worse if we don't do something soon.

Hernandez emphasized the growing number of young people in her situation. “I’m only one person, but I represent thousands of children of the undocumented,â€
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456