Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quotes from U.S. immigration protests

Quotes from U.S. immigration protests
    By The Associated Press

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

(05-01) 18:52 PDT , (AP) --

Quotes from immigration rallies across the United States on Tuesday:

Oakland: "It's sad to see little kids cry, that's why we are here. ... Everybody here is ready to do this again until they listen to us." Jose Flores, 43, a Guatemalan immigrant who has become a U.S. citizen.

___

Los Angeles: "We just want to work. We are people, not animals." Victor Vargas, 23, an illegal immigrant from Mexico.

___

Chicago: "Us immigrants aren't pieces of trash, we're human beings." Melissa Woo, a 22-year-old American citizen who immigrated from South Korea.

___

Chicago: "If we keep marching year after year, something good will eventually happen." Anna Gomez, 20.

___

Salem, Ore.: "Last year, they said they were going to do something, but nothing happened." Luis Diaz, 45, an immigrant from Guatemala.

___

Miami: "I came here for the economy. There was no work back home, and now I've not been able to see my baby back home since she was 6 months." Maria Ruiz, a 37-year-old from Honduras in the country on a temporary work visa.

___

San Diego: "Go back to Europe, man!" Ignacio Paredes, 39, yelling to about two dozen anti-illegal immigration activists staging a counter protest.

___

Boston: "The real tragedy is that there are hundreds of thousands of people who are trying to come here legally." Robert Casimiro, 69, a counter-protester and volunteer with the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps.

___

Indianapolis: "The other kids don't respect us because we are immigrants." Brenda Barradas, a 15-year-old student who was born in Mexico and is a legal resident.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... 238D55.DTL

Associated Press Sections InternationalStateSportsFinancialEntertainmentNati onalPolitics
    © 2007 Hearst Communications Inc. | Privacy Policy | Feedback | RSS Feeds | FAQ | Site Index | Contact
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have one to add.

"If you are a criminal alien invader leave our country now.America is a nation of laws, if you violated one coming here you are a criminal alien invader."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One of my favorites:

"Nothing has happened since last year," said Gloria Ramos, 51, a social worker at a children's nonprofit who left her native Mexico for Oakland 32 years ago. "Things are getting worse for our people - more discrimination, less benefits."