Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by xfighter
    I think we have more things to worry about depending on how you look at this:

"Chinese spending $6.6 billion to establish a media presence in America and around the world"

"Beijing's new response is typically massive and ambitious: a $6.6 billion global strategy to create media giants that will challenge agenda-setting Western behemoths such as Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., the BBC and CNN."

"In New York, China's official Xinhua News Agency is moving its North American headquarters from a small building in Queens to a sprawling office complex in Times Square. It will soon have more than twice as many bureaus in the United States as any Western news agency has in China."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02492.html

Well, looks like America had a good run haha. I'm 22 and the next 50 years will be pretty interesting.

Gag. Are we going to have to hear press 3 for Mandarin?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Chinese TV is very interesting to listen to how they present the news and how they present their government, conduct information exchange and the authorities they bring to present information. I do not think that debate or open discussion is something that they ever engage in. Everything is very controlled, moderation in speech and temperament at all times. Unlike Spanish TV I do not believe that I am getting a view of the news that was previously unknown to me. Their attempts to be part of contemporary world culture are interesting. I would never consider their TV to be a good alternative news source although that may change. They have a spot with lots of little girls playing to prove to us that their one-child policy does not kill all the girls.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by cube
    There already is a violent war from the illegal aliens, and it's not only in the border states. It's also up here. A few years ago, I found out that it was a lot worse than I thought it was. The illegal aliens here are very racist against White Americans, Black Americans, and Native Americans, and they cause trouble.
    Very true illegals are racist towards a lot of different people. In New Mexico they are racist towards Hispanos who are the mixed descendants of the Spanish Conquistadors and Native Americans. Also my cousin who lives in northern California was once engaged to a Flippina woman and she worked in social services was called slurs by illegals she had to deal with.

As for the film Machete, I agree with another poster it will not do well at the box office and I can see it being panned by a lot of critics. I think a few illegal supporters will probably bash Rodriguez and say stuff how a lot of illegals aren't violent people. There will be some dumb race card players who might get inspired by it.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123