Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Racial Profiling

My nephew (who is 25 years old) told me today that he and a few friends attempted to buy beers with their burgers at a Bar & Grill in San Diego Tuesday night, and they were asked for their I.D. by the waitress.

The point my nephew was making is a very good one. On what basis did the waitress ask the guys for their I.D.? Hmm....could it be that she's guilty of "profiling"? She had no other basis for asking their age other than her personal observation that they looked like they "might" be unde 21 years of age.

But shouldn't my nephew and his friends be outraged that this waitress asked for their identification just based on her observation and a "hunch" that they were underage? (None of them were underage, by the way). Isn't that some sort of age profiling?

My point here is that Hispanics scream "racial profiling" whenever anybody asks them for the proper paperwork and identification which would prove their right to live, work, and receive social services in this country. They say that just because they're Latino, that puts them under suspicion, and they are unfairly singled out.

But just because my nephew and his friends are young and in their early twenties, they got singled out too. And they had no choice but to provide proof of their legal right to drink in the state of California. But did any of them protest or raise a stink? Of course not.

It's just common sense that in order to enforce our laws and apprehend criminals, we have to "profile" on many different levels. And we have to be allowed some leeway with our "hunches".
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    i agree with that 100%! I have been ID'ed for lotto cards and I'm 24! I have been ID'ed for alcohol as well! If I shave sure I look alot younger so there is some sort of "profiling" going on its just the businesses covering there asses so they don't get in trouble with......the.........law? Hmmm I could help but think that businesses will only enforce the laws they choose too? Hmmm Just like our President and government too!!!!

Now I wonder if this bar/grill had illegals working there? Can your nephew ask to see green cards? Of course not that would be profiling!!!! Talk about a double standard!!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Americangirl, the waitress was only doing what she was supposed to, and please don't take any offense to this, but maybe your nephew needs to lighten up a bit.
    That is the law and we have to abide by it, even if we don't like it.
    The good news is, he was old enough to buy so it shouldn't have even been an issue.

Practically all states who have people working in this type of industry, require their personnel to ask for ID if they even suspect someone being underage. The basis you mentioned is exactly why she asked for their ID.

You're right about the illegals screaming racial profiling, racism, xenophoebia, etc. whenever they are picked on, but acting like the illegals makes our side look just as bad.

One last thing, when you get to be 38 years old, such as I am, being ID'd is actually quite flattering!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Sippy...I think you misunderstood. My nephew wasn't complaining. He wasn't at all upset. He told me this story because he knows how against illegal immigration I am, and he wanted to make a point to me that HE and his friends had no problem with showing their I.D. to the waitress because they understood her reasons for asking. He was trying to make the point that everybody is subject to some sort of "profiling" in their lives, and most of us have no problem with it.

Except the illegals, of course.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Today if someone carded me I'd kiss them!

I agree completely....it's "profiling" when stores and restaurants ask if you qualify for "senior citizen discounts" as well. Don't ask and they think you're trying to rip them off.....ask and you "offend" those that aren't quite there yet. Heck I should have had a law suit when someone said how beautiful my "grandchildren" were when in fact they were my children. I had them older so it wasn't unreasonable to make that assumption....but how dare she!!!! How about...."Oh and this must be your wife?" oopps.... Forget the fact your holding her hand and kissing her and you're wearing a wedding ring..... Or being forced to show a photo ID to pick up your kid at school.....or show a student ID for whatever reason. We all Have to prove or disprove something all the time based on some sort of "profiling". It's just another excuse to ignore the obvious. We notice alot of things and make assumptions based beyond just "race". None of us just walks in and tries to get things or do things based solely on our word. You like to assume the best but considering how we KNOW so many in this country are here illegally.....it's not unreasonable to request proof of such things. Why do I have to prove I live in the district in order to get special rates for community events? Thing is we do comply........"thou doest protest too much" is what comes to mind when alot of these excuses are given for "profiling".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    I too agree 100%. Same with criminals!!! If we know that a white male, about 30 years of age and about 6 foot tall with black hair committed a crime.... should we look at black men, latino men, asian men...so that we are careful not to profile... this is absurd. It is COMMON SENSE TO "PROFILE" if a particular race is involved...so be it... It has to be this way, otherwise we could question NOTHING! or NO ONE!

It's all part of the PC BS to tie our hands!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Excellent point AG!
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Sippy...I think you misunderstood. My nephew wasn't complaining. He wasn't at all upset. He told me this story because he knows how against illegal immigration I am, and he wanted to make a point to me that HE and his friends had no problem with showing their I.D. to the waitress because they understood her reasons for asking. He was trying to make the point that everybody is subject to some sort of "profiling" in their lives, and most of us have no problem with it.

Except the illegals, of course.
    AG, sorry about that. I misunderstood. I thought he was complaining.
    He does have a good point that we all must be subject to profiling of some sorts. It's very true that if illegals actually had legal documentation, they wouldn't have anything to fear.

And, if ICE was only as efficient as the folks who serve us drinks!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

The pro-illegals do not have the truth to rely on, so they must rely on the race card. The same reason they continue to play semantic games.

Eventually they will realize their strategy isn't working.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast