Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

the "racist" canard and how we handle it

as we all know, whenever a racial grievance group is out of arguments and clearly on the wrong side of any issue, they start hurling the smear of "racist" at those who oppose them or their plans. they think this smear will scare/intimidate their opponents into shutting up.

many of us make the mistake of responding to that smear by denying that we are "racists" and detailing why we are not. again, I think that kind of response is a mistake, and here's why.

smears from grievance groups that are out of arguments and cannot address an issue on it's merits should not be legitimized by any kind of engaging response. every time we try to deny racism or explain our actions and why they aren't racist, we end up losing that game that they racial grievance thugs love to play. we play right into their hands by going on the defensive.

instead, don't play defense, play offense. when smeared with the inevitable and omni-present "racist" canard, we should aggressively point out the reason that the group is smearing us, which is that they have no real argument and just resort to name-calling and nasty smears to get us to shut up.

we should never respond to such a smear or racial grievance group. just point out to any others listening (on a radio show, on the internet, in a public forum, wherever we are) WHY the thugs are resorting to these smears. it's because they have no other way to advance their anti-American agenda and they know Americans have historically been (unfortunately) afraid of the "racist" moniker in years past we would do about anything to avoid that label. they know this and are using it against us, every day, folks.

we need to treat that smear as the empty noise that it is, and expose the actual reasons that these sub-humans resort to the smear. only then will the smear have no power. only then will we make progress in this war of ideas that we have so fiercly engaged.

so do us a favor, and don't let the thugs and name-callers win.
    don't play along with their game.
    go on the offensive and expose them for what they are, morally bankrupt thugs who will say anything to control our government to their benefit and shut YOU up.

I do not have quite the same problem although my father was a blond, blue eyed Prep School, Ivy League Social Registerite my mother was a Caribbean of Black and East Indian descent. To most peope who look at me who are not informed I am just Black.

My Black grandfather was the adopted son of a White couple whose own son migrated to Mexico and whose grandson later became head of the Mexican Diplomatic Corps. Then my Grandfathers biological father moved from the part of the Caribbean where I am from to the Dominican Republic and I have relatives in both those countries who are Latino.

The loudest people that you are likely to run into have done next to nothing to improve the lives of people where the illegals are coming from. I have been active with the immigrant community and the consulate in promoting legal travel, tade and investment. I have also elped out in mobilizing disaster relief.

In 2004 I petitioned the University I graduated from to send material aid to the DR after hurricane Dean. They sent $30,000 to help out hospitals and clinics. The local Dominican Vice Consul remember me and light up when they see me.

I have been the subject of numerous harangues at immigation protests by local open border supporters. To the local consulate these are just faces in the crowd. I on the other hand have assisted the consulate to the tune of over $40,000 when you add in the material aid that the University gave them again after the hurricane this year.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Invaders, a good response to the racism claim is this: Ask the accuser to provide you with documentation that states illegal aliens are now a race.
    Then, tell them the true definiton of racism. This usually shuts them up.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

As soon as I hear"racist",I say: "Oh, you want to talk about racism?" Then I tell them that the reason that so many are here illegally is that they come from pervasively racist countries [leftists invariably become mute at this point, since they all believe that third world countries are inherently superior to our country, and are dumbfounded that there is anyone left who would dare malign a third world country].

I go on to suggest we look at Mexico, where about 9% of the population control all the wealth and all the power, and are deeply corrupt, that they have held the rest of the population, the indios and mestizos, in thrall for centuries, and that they have no intention of ever educating the masses or providing good jobs for them because it suits them just fine to have a subservient and desperate permanent pool of servants.

If the alleger of racism hasn't slunk off yet, I point out that Mexico has had several revolutions and that the current exodus from Mexico is draining off the most restive indios and mestizos now, and that we are aiding and abetting the Mexican elites by letting the illegal aliens stay here. Instead of exploiting the cheap labor that has escaped to our country, we should enforce our laws so that they go home and work to achieve the reforms so desperately needed in their own countries.

And another point: by letting them stay here we are dividing families. We must instead encourage attrition through enforcement so that there can be family reunification in their homeland (not Ted Kennedy's cynical brand of family reunification, which is to bring the extended family here and enrol them in the Democrat party ).

The coup de grace: I ask the person calling me racist why the Democrat party, which has for so long counted on the solid vote of American blacks, has consistently supported the invasion of illegal aliens when the illegals undercut the wages and take the very jobs that black American Democrat voters are most likely to need and want.

This is a lot of fun. Try it the next time someone calls you a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by buildthefence
    As soon as I hear"racist",I say: "Oh, you want to talk about racism?" Then I tell them that the reason that so many are here illegally is that they come from pervasively racist countries [leftists invariably become mute at this point, since they all believe that third world countries are inherently superior to our country, and are dumbfounded that there is anyone left who would dare malign a third world country].

I go on to suggest we look at Mexico, where about 9% of the population control all the wealth and all the power, and are deeply corrupt, that they have held the rest of the population, the indios and mestizos, in thrall for centuries, and that they have no intention of ever educating the masses or providing good jobs for them because it suits them just fine to have a subservient and desperate permanent pool of servants.

If the alleger of racism hasn't slunk off yet, I point out that Mexico has had several revolutions and that the current exodus from Mexico is draining off the most restive indios and mestizos now, and that we are aiding and abetting the Mexican elites by letting the illegal aliens stay here. Instead of exploiting the cheap labor that has escaped to our country, we should enforce our laws so that they go home and work to achieve the reforms so desperately needed in their own countries.

And another point: by letting them stay here we are dividing families. We must instead encourage attrition through enforcement so that there can be family reunification in their homeland (not Ted Kennedy's cynical brand of family reunification, which is to bring the extended family here and enrol them in the Democrat party ).

The coup de grace: I ask the person calling me racist why the Democrat party, which has for so long counted on the solid vote of American blacks, has consistently supported the invasion of illegal aliens when the illegals undercut the wages and take the very jobs that black American Democrat voters are most likely to need and want.

This is a lot of fun. Try it the next time someone calls you a racist.
    Excellent post. When the Mexican government calls us racist, it is essentially white people calling white people and others racist for not wanting to take on a population that the white Mexican government has opressed and driven out of their nation, so the white elite in Mexico can keep their power and caste system.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

LOL..This is an emotionally deep rooted topic with me. My family outed me because they say I am a racist when I responded to an email with things that I have seen and with situations people I know have experienced. The sad part is that I am the least racist person in my family. My parents are racist country club members and the person who outed me, my sister, only finds trivial relationships whereas my dearest friends come from diversified backgrounds.

I hate the racist argument. First off, this is ALL about the rule of law and an ability to enforce it. This is a legal issue we are dealing with. I do not blame or hate the majority of people who come here. I hate my government for being biased in it's selection of who can be here and what it will cost them. Did I mention my dearest friends come from diversified backgrounds? The legal ones work for it while the illegals get away with so much and suck so many social service dollars I have to think my country has turned insided out and upside down. Since when do we allow an organization called "The Race" to dictate policy in this country? It's insane!! I still wonder why "La Raza" isn't being called out publicly for such a RACIST name. Oh my!

The race argument is so weak, but at the same time it is a spear into your being. It works. We curl up into the fetal position so we are not a 'racist.' If the majority of the illegals in prisons and those entering the country were from China I guarantee that La Raza would not be on their side....My friends, this is racism, or at a minimum it is 'selective assistance' by race and ethnicity. They could care less about the fine people from other countries who want to make a better life for themselves AND live the American dream.

And why isn't the FBI and CIA arresting the Aztlan people? Or the Reconquesta's? They openly want to take this country down and we are in a time of war...at least that is what they tell us.

Sure, go ahead and make travel difficult and why you are at it why don't you take my personal freedoms away. But please, please do not secure our country and please, please, allow people who continuously make fake documents (security badges, license plates, social security numbers, etc) victims and entitle them to tax free wages and why you are at it why don't you make stupid laws to help them where they can make false documents to prove how long they have been here.

Aaaaaargh....

I rant and apologize. Wanting to uphold the law does not make you a racist. I discipline my child because of rules. I expect my government to uphold the laws it has as well. Calling you, myself, or anyone else a racist because of a belief in laws is nothing short of a lie.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Amen! Well put.
    D.W.

They can call me a racist all day long and it won't bother me . I also don't explain myself unless I really said something that could be taken wrong or they turn my words around which is another one of their tricks .

Me and mine always fought for equal rights , that means equal for me too . i thought ML.KIng was a good man and cried when I saw his buggy going down Ashby Street in Atlanta . He had a reputation for being woman chaser but still a good man .

One of our bravest soldier was a mexica who dove on a granade to save the life of his conrads . I will honor him as much as the rest .

I still want my kids and family to look like me . I won't apologize for it .

The bastards that keep these people in misery will answer for it someday , but I refuse for my kids to pay for their sins .

I heard on news that the richest man IN THE WORLD IS A MEXICAN !

I just show them this chart:

http://www.legalimmigrantsfirst.org/aboutamnesty.html

Then their brain freezes up. It is really fun to watch!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I just show them this chart:

http://www.legalimmigrantsfirst.org/aboutamnesty.html

Then their brain freezes up. It is really fun to watch!
    Bowman...That's sweet
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast