Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RALPH NADER 2008 PRESIDENTIAL EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE

Ralph Nader has launched a 2008 presidential exploratory committee which I am sure many of you heard earlier in the week. I am not sure EXACTLY where he stands on MASS amnesty/paths to citizenship/guest worker passes at this time, however, you can review his stance in 2000 on the following website. I am also posting the website for his exploratory committee for those of you who are interested:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Ralph_ ... ration.htm

http://www.naderexplore08.org/

Please note that my posting of this topic is for the purpose of discussion and not an endorsement of Ralph Nader.

Does Ralph not know that there is already a canidate who knows that there is no way they can win messing up the race and his name is MIKE HUCKABEE?

The link about the position of Nader in the OP are a bit dated (from 2000), a lot has changed since then.

Here's my take on how he'd handle the 3 essential facets of the illegal immigration problem:

1. Amnesty - too politically entrenched to the far-left progressive/liberal faction to oppose it. Don't expect any differences from the OBL Dems in this regard. (I know, because I used to be one of those and used to support him; well, somewhat...)

2. Border Security - probably willing to go to modestly more enforcement than Dems, but probably not willing to do what is truly needed as many of the better Repubs would otherwise do.

3. Interior Enforcement/Illegal Employment:

However, I do believe that in the wake of the Enron implosion + various corporate accounting scandals, the nefarious deals cut between the Boosh administration and various defense contractors, and general "de"-enforcement of many regulations pertaining to corporate business practices, that he would likely be a strong supporter of increased regulation and punishment of illegal employers. His general anti-corporate mindset is consistent with greater employer enforcement.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can appreciate a 3rd party and the fact they they have some unity but I would never vote for their candidate, Ralph Nader.

He just seems a little wiley eyed crazy for me.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Usually,I would be happy about Nader getting in the race and would try and get people to get his name on the ballot to take votes from democrats but if MCcain wins nomination for republicans I would not care.There will be no fire in the belly for white house and if anyone knows me a veteran of many campaigns,Pacs,putting up signs,made thousands of calls , organizing andi n the past compared with Jesse Helms in editorials in the newspaper this is not a good sign for republicans.Those of you out there who have worked on these campaigns know that there are only a few of the same dedicated people who come out and make things work at election time that it is thier dedication and work ,not dollars and eager people who come and go after a couple of days .If the dedicated people have not will or believe in the canidate ,he or she cannot win.

Please note that my posting of this topic was for the purpose of discussion and not an endorsement of Ralph Nader.

He always gets involved too late, no matter what he says his policy is.

It seems his purpose is to throw the election.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamtnwoman
    Please note that my posting of this topic was for the purpose of discussion and not an endorsement of Ralph Nader.
    Noted. That was my point in the above post too, not an endorsement!

Having said that, he'd probably make a very good agency director of CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Comm), the FDA, or similar consumer-focused gov't agency.

When are people going to quit wasting money of supporting Ralph Nader for President. He will never win.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas