Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
I've been wondering how this is going to play out on the people level.

It would not surprise me that LaRaza is saying that and I'm sorry, it wouldn't surprise me if it is done for them.

The fact is, I'm thinking there was some collusion between the loan companies and illegals to have them purchase homes they couldn't afford.

It wouldn't surprise me to find that some of the criminal type illegals haven't bought dozens of homes - I mean many of them have dozens of names and dozens of ID's.

Think about that when you are writing out the check for your home mortgage payment - illegals may end up with houses free in clear in this country - and our grandchildren will be making the payments.

Think even more when you see your check stub, or write that check to the IRS!!!!

Better yet, think about this when you go into the voting booth to pull the lever for one of two men who are complicit in this.

A third party or write in is our only hope - otherwise these kinds of travesties are going to continue.

I am extremely concerned about something I heard last night during what appeared to be a Town Hall type of meeting hosted by the Black Congressional Caucus concerning the housing situation. I caught it on CSpan 2. I was so disturbed by what I heard during this meeting that I even began taking notes.

There was absolutely no mention whatsoever of personal accountability or responsibility in terms of people whom are being foreclosed on as it relates to their poor choices. To the contrary, it is all about how minorities have been VICTIMIZED by what is now being labeled by the special interests as a plot, a scheme intended to put the screws to minorities through the sub prime program specifically designed to do just that. This is all part of the bigger plan to further oppress and suppress the minority.

And yes, the special interest groups ARE already lined up and DEMANDING that a huge portion of this bailout be doled out to ensure that minorities are permitted to keep their homes with one member of the BCC assuring the audience that "Civil rights organizations are working with Congress"

Ali Solis, the VP of Enterprise Community Partners, was able to assure the audience members that "millions are coming", a large portion of this money expected specifically to address foreclosures "targeting people of color"

Yet, when a caucasian woman who runs some type of agency, stood up and inquired what assistance was going to be available for others in danger of foreclosure, specifically people who had gotten homes with good credit, people who did not buy more home than they could afford, had been making all of their payments on time and are now struggling to continue doing that, she was informed by the President and Ceo of the Federal Depository Insurance Corporation that "at this time there are no plans for assistance to those kinds of buyers who are in distress". This was followed by reiteration of the fact that the focus MUST, and WILL be placed on minorities who have been "victimized".

Another demand coming from these groups is that many of the properties the government takes ownership of should be used to provide housing for minorities. And of course that will require millions more to be spent in rehabilitation of these properties.

The non profits are also lined up with their hands out for a "very significant share of this money" and the general consensus is that they are entitled to these funds. Why? Because they are being forced to deal with the "aftermath" of this crisis in terms of offering advice and referrals to people who have lost their homes and the banks are no longer able to support their missions. In other words, these groups are expecting multi-millions of our money just to hand out paper sheets containing lists of community service numbers to shelters and food banks?

But of course, during this entire thing, not once was a word mentioned about the role any of these special interests and race based caucuses played in setting up their own for this fleecing. Aren't they the ones who were screaming and yelling about the "racism" and "discrimination" in the home lending industry? Weren't they the ones doing the arm twisting DEMANDING that the banks begin giving mortgages and loans to people of low income and with poor credit histories?

Now, here's the real rub......all of this is going on, and the BCC lets it slip that, EVEN NOW, they and other special interests are pressuring Congress to not just continue, but EXPAND, lending to minorities of low income and poor credit history because they should not be locked out of home ownership.

So, basically, they want to bail these people out and go back for more of the same thing which has created this crisis in the first place.

Unbelievable..........