Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rand Paul Against Anchor Babies and Gets Slammed 4 It

Here we go again. Hope Kentuckians throw their full support to Rand Paul!

In the wake of the “scandalâ€

The guy just sounds better and better, just like his dad.

Can you visualize a father and son, President & Vice President?
    Travis and Crockett, are flopping in their graves

I love his stance on this. I hope there are more politicians who speak out about illegal aliens using the Anchor Babies as their golden ticket to fleece off America and put a stop to this. Please. I hope I hope.
    <div>Stop the Anchor Baby project illegals used to freeload taxpaying American Citizens! </div>

i'm against anchor babies , we need to end this law as quickly as we can ..

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Floorguy

His dad, Ron Paul, isn't so great on the illegal immigration/border security issue. Personally, I hope Rand Paul is better on the issues (illegal immigration/border security).

Ron Paul has verbally said he finds the border fence offensive, has voted on amnesty in the past, and consistently has voted against sending military troops to the border.

Furthermore, Ron Paul is a Libertarian open borders free trader. He wants to remove all US tariffs and trade barriers, regardless of what other nations do. He supports the free flow of goods and people across borders. Yep, you guessed it, he is a big supporter of bringing in foreign workers.

Nope, I do not hope Rand Paul is just like his daddy.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am happy so many illegal lovers and big government and big MULTI-NATIONAL tycoon types are attacking R. Paul. Means they fear him and his message for one -- he is a big threat to them. Good. Also means it will toughen him up! Nothing like being attacked by enemies to get your blood pumping and make you think fast on your feet! And with some of the serpents in our government a guy needs to be smart, fast and tough to survive.

Between now and Elections in November 2012 We the People of these United States have a HUGE chance to make a MAJOR real change in our government -- I feel it I believe it. Go get them R. Paul and any other tough, smart patriot wanting a good hard fight with monstrous traitors.

God Bless America! God Save America! God Bless Patriots - alive and passed on!
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Floorguy

His dad, Ron Paul, isn't so great on the illegal immigration/border security issue. Personally, I hope Rand Paul is better on the issues (illegal immigration/border security).

Ron Paul has verbally said he finds the border fence offensive, has voted on amnesty in the past, and consistently has voted against sending military troops to the border.

Furthermore, Ron Paul is a Libertarian open borders free trader. He wants to remove all US tariffs and trade barriers, regardless of what other nations do. He supports the free flow of goods and people across borders. Yep, you guessed it, he is a big supporter of bringing in foreign workers.

Nope, I do not hope Rand Paul is just like his daddy.
    You are either woefully ignorant about the facts regarding Ron Paul's stance on illegal immigration or you're just a bit rattled by the fact that Ron Paul beat Mitt Romney at a CPAC Straw Poll earlier this year!

Seriously, you are way off the mark with some of your so called facts. He is more Conservative than those who claim to be conservative today in the Rep. party. At least he represents what the party used to stand for - smaller government, non-interventionist foreign policy, fair trade.

You're not going to be 100% in agreement with any public servant but as long as he/she is following the constitution and not being swayed by special interests, I feel confident in that person. I don't agree all the time with some of Ron Paul's decisions, but I trust him enough to know that he is at least truly representing the American people.

At least this guy actually reads the bills and follows the constitution! And if I happen to disagree with something he voted or didn't vote for, I know there would be a good principled reason for it whether I disagree with his decision or not.

Here's his record up until 2007. I think it's far superior than what you claimed it to be. (But I'm sure you'll single a few out to criticize and ignore all the good ones!): He said some things that maybe I didn't necessarily agree with, ("Those who attack bilingualism are jealous & feel inferior"), but then he eventually voted for a speak english only bill anyway and for a fence to be built:

If economy were good, there’d be no immigration problem. (Dec 2007)

Amend Constitution to remove aliens’ birthright citizenship. (Dec 2007)

Those who attack bilingualism are jealous & feel inferior. (Dec 2007)

No amnesty, but impractical to round up 12 million illegals. (Sep 2007)

Immigration problem is consequence of welfare state. (Sep 2007)

No amnesty, but border fence isn’t so important. (Jun 2007)

We subsidize illegal immigration, so we get more. (Jun 2007)

Keep rule barring immigrants from running for president. (May 2007)

End all incentives and amnesty for illegal immigrants. (Jan 2006)

Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)

Voted YES on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project. (Jun 2006)

Voted YES on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment. (May 2004)

Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules. (May 2001)

Voted YES on more immigrant visas for skilled workers. (Sep 199

Sponsored bill banning student visas from terrorist nations. (Jan 2003)

Rated 100% by FAIR, indicating a voting record restricting immigration. (Dec 2003)

Rated 83% by USBC, indicating a sealed-border stance. (Dec 2006)

Government services in English only. (Mar 200

Declare English as the official language of the US. (Feb 2007)

http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul.htm#Immigration

MW
    Chloe wrote:

You are either woefully ignorant about the facts regarding Ron Paul's stance on illegal immigration or you're just a bit rattled by the fact that Ron Paul beat Mitt Romney at a CPAC Straw Poll earlier this year!
    I assure you, I'm neither. Actually, I've done a great deal of research on Ron Paul. Personally, I think it's a little brash of you to call me "woefully ignorant" when you fail to offer one single fact to dispute my claims.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

His dad, Ron Paul, isn't so great on the illegal immigration/border security issue.
    Really?

Voted YES on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment. (May 2004)

Rated 100% by FAIR, indicating a voting record restricting immigration. (Dec 2003)

http://www.ontheissues.org

Again, I think I provided enough evidence to prove that he's got a pretty good record on the issue of illegal immigration

I've done a great deal of research on Ron Paul. Personally, I think it's a little brash of you to call me "woefully ignorant" when you fail to offer one single fact to dispute my claims.
    I apologize. Does misinformed sound less brash?? I just offered you a list of facts of his voting record on illegal immigration which for some reason you are choosing to ignore.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    His dad, Ron Paul, isn't so great on the illegal immigration/border security issue.
    Really?

http://www.ontheissues.org

Again, I think I provided enough evidence to prove that he's got a pretty good record on the issue of illegal immigration

[quote:15344qbm] I've done a great deal of research on Ron Paul. Personally, I think it's a little brash of you to call me "woefully ignorant" when you fail to offer one single fact to dispute my claims.
    I apologize. Does misinformed sound less brash?? I just offered you a list of facts of his voting record on illegal immigration which for some reason you are choosing to ignore.[/quote:15344qbm]

You've still failed to dispute a single one of my claims.

Ron Paul has a recent (2007-2010) report card grade of C at NumbersUSA with an F- in changing the status quo, which means he failed to challenge the status quo policies that in total are adding 900,000 new permanent foreign workers a year, are allowing 7 million illegal aliens to keep their jobs, and are forcing around 2.5 million more people a year onto the overloaded physical, natural and social infrastructures of our communities. Additionally, Ron Paul received a D+ in reducing illegal jobs & presence, and a D in reducing illegal immigration at the border.

Ron only voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006 because he knew his political survival depended on it. In an interview, Ron Paul said he finds a border fence "rather offensive," and his vote for the border fence was symbolic. Combine this with his repeated position against sending military troops to the border and you can quickly get an idea on how he feels about securing our border.

Sort of hypocritical if you ask me, especially since he has repeatedly voted for Section 245(i), which created a de facto amnesty for illegal aliens. Moreover, resisting any substantial efforts to secure the border and refusing to support E-verify goes in the opposition direction of his claims. Heck, he won't even sign on as a co-sponsor to the SAVE Act. Actions speak louder than words.

Look, I'm not saying Ron Paul is among the worse offenders on the issue. However, as anyone can see, he has some serious weaknesses when it comes to dealing with border security and immigration.

Geez, I didn't think a simple comment about Ron Paul would get us so much off topic. Honestly, I don't know anything about Rand Paul. Perhaps he feels differently on issues where Ron is weak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast