8 Hours Ago by Tim Brown

Rand Paul: Force Chief Justice John Roberts, Barack Obama & All Federal Employees Into Obamacare If It’s So Great

11 Comments

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) is set to introduce an amendment to ensure that Chief Justice John Roberts, who was the real deciding vote in determining the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, was constitutional as a tax, will be forced into the Obamacare system. In fact, his amendment will make sure that Barack Obama and all federal employees are not exempt from the train wreck healthcare law.

"I have an amendment that I will introduce that says all the federal government gets ObamaCare, including federal employees," Paul told Fox News on Monday.

The Kentucky Senator told the Daily Caller, "My amendment says basically that everybody including Justice Roberts — who seems to be such a fan of Obamacare — gets it too."

Paul wants to outlaw exemptions, including member of Congress, in order to make sure that everyone is treated fairly under the law.

"Right now, Justice Roberts is still continuing to have federal employee health insurance subsidized by the taxpayer. And if he likes Obamacare so much, I'm going to give him an amendment that gives Obamacare to Justice Roberts," Paul said.

Back in August the White House approved waivers for members of Congress and their staff that would exempt them from Obamacare. At least one senator even OK'd Obama nominees for Obamacare waivers. Obviously, Paul wants to do away with the double standard that Congress wants to live by.

Senator Paul said that he was onboard with Senator David Vitter's (R-LA) plan to do away with the Obamacare subsidies for health insurance plans for Congress and their staff. Vitter blasted Congress and Obama over its provisions for members of Congress and their staff back in August.

"I support any effort to make all laws applicable to Congress that we pass," Paul said.

As Senator Ted Cruz stood for nearly 22 hours on the Senate floor to encourage defunding Obamacare, Paul tweeted out the following appropriate tweets:

I think Senator Rand Paul is correct. There should be equal treatment under the law. In our Republic, we should not stand for a law for the people and another law for those the people elect to serve them.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/09/ra...-its-so-great/