Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Read some of the stuff on CNN

Here is the story starter on Anderson Coopers blog

Monday, January 30, 2006
    On patrol with the Minutemen
    One of the first things members of the Minutemen told me while patrolling the Mexican border is that they reject the notion they are a "vigilante" group. Take the "e" off that word, they say, and you get their more favored term: "vigilant."

We spent an afternoon and evening with the group that tries to stop Mexicans from crossing the border. We rode, walked, and climbed with them on a piece of unguarded frontier about 70 miles east of San Diego for a story for tonight's program.

They have binoculars and night-vision goggles. Two members carried guns -- for self-defense, they say. They also carry a great deal of resentment that the U.S. government doesn't spend more money on keeping the border closed.

We saw clothes, water bottles, hats, and scarves discarded by illegal immigrants who successfully crossed into the United States. We saw hundreds of rattlesnake holes that I hoped no longer housed their usual occupants.

But on our night with the Minutemen, we didn't see any people trying to sneak across the border. The Minutemen say few people try to cross the border where they are. And that's just the way they want it.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderso ... temen.html

Oh by the way feel free to jump in and get your feet wet.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

CNN

We saw clothes, water bottles, hats, and scarves discarded by illegal immigrants who successfully crossed into the United States.
    Where's the Sierra Club, when you need them?
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Oh by the way feel free to jump in and get your feet wet.
    Seems to me that plenty are already jumping into the RioGrande and getting their feet wet while our personal agenda-motivated government looks the other way and calls the people who care "vigilantes!"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are Vigilantes!! They attacking the wrong people!
    These people are crossing the border *I don't approve of what their doing* but I understand it , Their trying to make a better life for themselves. Those Vigilantes should be attacking, Big business because they want them (aliens) here. They want a cheaper work force any way they can get it, so tieir CEO's can get paid millions. Instead of taking that money and providing americans with Good wages, and Health insurance.

If you've been reading any of the posts in this forum, then you should know that the Minutemen ARE protesting against people/companies that hire illegals. As a matter of fact, that is their primary strategy. Look on this forum and you will see lots of pictures of the Minutemen protesting against Home Depot and others. They're also launching protests outside the offices of Senators and Representatives. The fact that they also assist the border patrol at the border, is only part of what they do. The excuse that illegal aliens are only trying to better themselves, is wearing thin. Bank robbers are also only trying to better themselves. If you are here illegally, you are a criminal and deserve any protest you recieve. Don't want to be the target of a protest? Go back to where you came from.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

The excuse that illegal aliens are only trying to better themselves, is wearing thin. Bank robbers are also only trying to better themselves
    I love this!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)