Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Read What Senator Kyl Said

It's obvious that we are all upset by Senator Kyl's traitorous behavior, and we stiil don't know why he switched sides, but give this some thought for a moment.
    When Senator Kyl was on Lou Dobbs, I think it was yesterday, he said something that has been bugging me. I pulled up the transcript and put part of it here for you guys to read. It almost gives one the sense he joined the enemy's camp to make sure this bill doesn't ever go through. Read what he said very carefully and see if you get the same sense I did, or would this be too good to be true?

DOBBS: As I've said before, senator, I've got the greatest respect for you. Your legislation scares the dickens out of me. In part because on the face, on the merits, but also because I know what your colleagues in the Senate and the House are capable of, what the Democrats are planning to do once this moves to conference and what this president ...

KYL: Well, it might not even move to conference, Lou.

DOBBS: I'm sorry.

KYL: It may not even move to conference. In other words, I have my own plans. We may make sure that -- if, in fact, it passes the Senate, that something in the form of a killer version does not pass the House or at least if it does, it's not taken up by the Senate. So we have some procedural ways of keeping this thing as close to the basic agreement that was reached as possible. (Kyl's face reddened here)

DOBBS: All right. Well, senator.

KYL: Trust but verify.

DOBBS: I'm going to start with verify and then I'll trust. How's that?

KYL: Watch us like a hawk. That's fair.

DOBBS: Don't you worry. Senator Kyl, thank you very much.

KYL: You bet, Lou.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

It's obvious that we are all upset by Senator Kyl's traitorous behavior, and we stiil don't know why he switched sides, but give this some thought for a moment.
    When Senator Kyl was on Lou Dobbs, I think it was yesterday, he said something that has been bugging me. I pulled up the transcript and put part of it here for you guys to read. It almost gives one the sense he joined the enemy's camp to make sure this bill doesn't ever go through.
    I don't get that sense at all. What I see is someone who is getting nervous about the calls, faxes, etc. against the amnesty bill he's getting from his constituents.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was confused by that statement also. I concluded however that with his recent comments and his view that calls against the bill were subsiding, he was not being truthful overall, so distrust remains.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

KYL: It may not even move to conference. In other words, I have my own plans.
    This particular statement scares me. Here we have proof of backroom deals and private interests buying out elected officials.
    He has his own plans? How about the plans of your constituents? By this statement, it should be more than obvious to all Americans that these guys are not the least bit interested in working for the American people.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I called his office earlier and got through. Just made my best persuasive argument. I don't normally scream bloody murder - I don't think it is productive. And Kyl isn't acting like some beaten person exactly, though he has played way too much footsie with the enemy for my comfort.

That is unlike that [mod edit] Graham who I may just call to scream at when I'm done with my productive work. Left a message on McCain's voicemail for his staff telling them they better find new jobs because their boss is insane. Maybe someone will leave and "leak" something about his traitorous ties.

I had the impression Kyl was putting his foot on the back pedal in anticipation of the Senate Bill imploding before it ever reaches it's doom in the House.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    KYL: It may not even move to conference. In other words, I have my own plans.
    This particular statement scares me. Here we have proof of backroom deals and private interests buying out elected officials.
    He has his own plans? How about the plans of your constituents? By this statement, it should be more than obvious to all Americans that these guys are not the least bit interested in working for the American people.
    exactly Ive called his office several times and I live in his district.His people pretty much told me they didnt care what I thought and that they had no time for me.I believe hes sold us out.I will be doing everything I can to get him out of office.

My take on Kyl.

I saw that interview as well and my sense was that he was saying that because of the overwhelming opposition he was going to try to walk it through with as little public exposure as possible.

Very creative backpeddling!

Re: My take on Kyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    I saw that interview as well and my sense was that he was saying that because of the overwhelming opposition he was going to try to walk it through with as little public exposure as possible.
    I'm pretty sure that won't happen. What amazes me is the arrogance of our officials. I am convinced that they have never had to deal with this kind of opposition before, and it has confused them to no end.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast