Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reader’s letter: Border fence a waste of money

Found this while looking for news but since it was a letter written to a paper I thought I'd post it here. Love it!

http://www.hidesertstar.com/articles/20 ... inion5.txt

Reader’s letter: Border fence a waste of money

Saturday, December 9, 2006 12:58 AM PST

The border fence is a billion-dollar waste of our money. Congress must think we are all very, very stupid.

All that is really required to cure the illegal alien immigration problem is a slight change in the law. Let’s make it illegal for anyone to hire an illegal alien, period. Now all employers have to do to skirt the law is say they checked for papers. Duh! Papers can be and are forged.

If the government will enforce the new law and put a few employers in jail, the jobs for Mexicans will vanish and so will the illegal aliens. The Mexicans will go home if no one will hire them. And we can avoid wasting a billion dollars on a fence.

Yeah, I know, the Republicans won’t do it because they are afraid of losing big business money and the democrats won’t do it because they want the Mexican vote. Oh well, constipation in Congress has become the norm.

I wonder if we will ever have a political party for European Americans. You do remember them, don’t you? They were the folks that built this nation. Or have they changed the history books to show Mexicans and Africans as the founding fathers?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I agree with everything but the writers opinion on the border fence.

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a fence stretched from one end of the border to the next! Darn the cost and darn what Gov. Perry (TX.) and Gov. Richardson (N.M.) think!

True, a fence isn't the best or only solution, but I certainly support it as a start. Getting the federal government to do what's necessary to get the employers to play fair is going to take a while, but in the meantime there are thousands of illegals pouring across our borders monthly. Didn't I hear Rep. Duncan Hunter tell Lou Dobbs the fence could be built in 30 days or so (all 700 approved miles of it)? I know building the fence is looking less and less promising, but I for one still support it 100%. Of course I guess expecting President Bush and our U.S. Congress to keep a promise to the American people is expecting too much, isn't it?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Congress must think we are all very, very stupid.

Truest thing I have ever seen ,heard or read .

Built the fence or wall. If it helps at all, it is worth it. The combined effort of agents, nation guard and fence will work and is working where there is a fence. San Diego.

I think the writer has seen too many Bush speeches. Someone that believes the border is open just to good people that want to work is delusional as Jorge and ABG Gonzales. Criminals and terrorists won't be affected in the least if we put all America's employers in jail. We need control of the border and strong enforcement.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How much is it worth to keep our sovereignty?
    Identity checking is important but obviously doesn't work. We need to keep them out in the first place AND have enforcement AND remove incentives.
    Also, why does our government think it is good to have a fence built in Iraq and Afghanistan but not for our border?

Remember, it's a migration... not immigration.

I don't think any one action in itself will solve the immigration problem, but I do think that we owe it to the US citizens that live on the border to give them some relief. They are fighting a battle every day that we don't see. Enough is enough.