Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by GOrwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    I believe in water boarding so you know how I feel about this. The Patriot Act is needed unless as they say, Bush is using it to spy on everyone.
    they are... there have been 168,000 warrantless searches served, many of those from people who are regular americans...

why is the patriot act needed? the information on the 9-11 hijackers was out there but the bureaucracy impeded the flow of information, the US had 3 chances to kill bin laden before 9-11 but the president refused all 3 times...

I am scared that so many of you dont see the danger in this dont you see that eventually we get to the point that anyon who criticizes government is an enemy of the state, and what about privacy, I DONT want government listening into my conversations doesnt matter how meaningless they are..
    I agree. We do not need the patriot act because there is nothing patriotic about it. One thing many people forget about 9/11 is that practically all of the terrorists involved were here either illegally, or overstayed their visas, which again proves they were here illegally. 9/11 has more to do with the illegal immigration problem than people want to realize.

The REAL ID is nothing more than American citizens giving up more of their civil rights under the guise of "security from terrorism."
    For those of us who remember what the old USSR was like before Gorbechov, a national ID is exactly what was instilled under the communist rule of the USSR.
    Had this crap legislation been introduced here in the US twenty years ago, it would have literally been laughed out of Congress.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

In my humble opinion, we all have our friendly neighborhood terrorst a-holes to thank for this. I hate what they have done to our lives and our peaceful (mostly) nation. I grumbled BIG TIME about how I felt like a common criminal at the airport this Christmas after not flying since May 2000. It was all new to me, but in retrospect, it is what it is. Im not angry at the govt for this, Im mad as hell at the terrorists for it. I could not even take a damn bottle of water thru security! I don't feel my anger is misplaced as far as this goes.

I am all for taking all the preventative measures possible to protect US citizens. From my understanding, they would only 'snoop' among those they have a reason to snoop for.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I really do not understand why so many people get
    upset about the REAL ID. Maybe violation of civil liberties,
    privacy, etc..?

We have had that for a long time called SS#, but since
    that SS was not designed and implemented for
    national security purposes but then becoming
    a kind of control number that out lives depend on
    along the way explains why we have so many
    problems dealing with fraud, stolen numbers and so on.

I am in favor of any ID system that could stop
    the madness that replaces the current system.

By the way, anybody who has your name and 30 bucks
    can find everything about you from some online companies.

Privacy? It's a long lost dream.

Banned
    I usually get dinged but I don't see the big deal

At least not here in Vegas ,

To be real id compliant I just have to take in my Birth cert

No big deal ,

It means a ton of illegals here won't be getting licenses with
    fake docs anymore

The scary thing is the government will use anything as an excuse to hurt us. This could be all part of the big big plan.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Odie, the SSN is not necessarily a federal ID. Yes, everyone has one and has had one for years, but an SSN was never needed to fly or drive within the US.
    If the human skull and boosh get their way, you won't be able to fly to your neighboring state (or anywhere else for that matter) w/o one.
    The REAL ID is not just to replace your driver's license. It will have an RFID chip that will contain EVERY PIECE OF INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL LIFE. It will have your finances, medical history, address, age, etc.
    Now, with this in mind, imagine how identity thefts will skyrocket through the roof because all one would have to do is walk by you with a RF scanner built to decode the information and BOOM! You're the latest statistic in identity theft. The RFID chip will also have the ability to be tracked by satellite so the govt will know every action you make.
    Lastly, the costs alone will cost the states $11 billion.

Also consider this. The govt claims the REAL ID will help with illegal immigration and would only be given to immigrants coming into the country. The immigrant rights groups are going to scream and moan discrimination, and most likely would win this case.
    The result? Everyone would then be issued these cards.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    Quote Originally Posted by GOrwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    I believe in water boarding so you know how I feel about this. The Patriot Act is needed unless as they say, Bush is using it to spy on everyone.
    they are... there have been 168,000 warrantless searches served, many of those from people who are regular americans...

why is the patriot act needed? the information on the 9-11 hijackers was out there but the bureaucracy impeded the flow of information, the US had 3 chances to kill bin laden before 9-11 but the president refused all 3 times...

I am scared that so many of you dont see the danger in this dont you see that eventually we get to the point that anyon who criticizes government is an enemy of the state, and what about privacy, I DONT want government listening into my conversations doesnt matter how meaningless they are..
    I agree. We do not need the patriot act because there is nothing patriotic about it. One thing many people forget about 9/11 is that practically all of the terrorists involved were here either illegally, or overstayed their visas, which again proves they were here illegally. 9/11 has more to do with the illegal immigration problem than people want to realize.

The REAL ID is nothing more than American citizens giving up more of their civil rights under the guise of "security from terrorism."
    For those of us who remember what the old USSR was like before Gorbechov, a national ID is exactly what was instilled under the communist rule of the USSR.
    Had this crap legislation been introduced here in the US twenty years ago, it would have literally been laughed out of Congress.
    I second that, no use defending the land of the free, if we are no longer free.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin

The above quote is as true today as it has ever been

How would you propose to stop illegals from voting, or doing any of the number of things they are illegally doing here..until we can get them all out?
    As Ben from Frankensteins office said "you don't have to be a citizen to vote, just registered"

Besides, The ACLU has every voter ID law in the country on hold while the courts review it. If the courts think a drivers license is a burden, the "Real ID" would be considered 10X the burden.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There is NO WAY that they are going to be able to prevent document fraud/fraud unless they have something like this!!

If the government "really" wanted to find you------you would be found!!

For $25 and your SS number-----I could tell you where you live, where you work-------and where you have lived and worked over the past five years!!

I could do all of this in less than 30 minutes-----and without leaving my house!!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    There is NO WAY that they are going to be able to prevent document fraud/fraud unless they have something like this!!

If the government "really" wanted to find you------you would be found!!

For $25 and your SS number-----I could tell you where you live, where you work-------and where you have lived and worked over the past five years!!

I could do all of this in less than 30 minutes-----and without leaving my house!!!!

Most people don’t even need that 25 bucks is a fee for a public view
    Most places pay a yearly few and then pocket the cash ...

All we need is a credit card receipt or a picture of the plate on your car
    But the other stuff makes it easyer

Funny every one thinks real ID is taking away but if the looked past the hiding form big brother BS and all the scare taticts that they have worked up they might find
    It just could give you some of those freedoms back...

If Uncle Sam wants you he’s got you
    Even if you have never had a finger print or an Id in your life …

This is just another way for the government to control the people. They're setting it up for the big merge . . . the NAU. Nobody should have to give up their freedom. When they do, the Constitution goes out the window. The government tells us they need to do this to protect us, and unfortunately some people fall for it. Here's one who doesn't.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast