Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real ID system

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Real ID system

This is a WorldNetDaily printer-friendly version of the article which follows.
    To view this item online, visit http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=50057

Friday, May 5, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YOUR PAPERS, PLEASE …
    Is coming national ID 'mark of the beast'?
    Opposition grows to federal law requiring data-filled card in 2008

Posted: May 5, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Ron Strom

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Shirt offered at NO2ID.net.

Is the national ID card the next step toward the imposition of the biblical "mark of the beast" Christians believe will be required to buy and sell during the Last Days?

That's the contention of a growing group of believers who are working to turn back the approval of the Real ID Act by Congress last year. Public Law 109-13 requires the national ID portion of the plan go into effect by May 2008.

"There is a prophecy in the Bible that foretells a time when every person will be required to have a mark or a number, without which he or she will not be able to participate in the economy," states the Christian website NoNationalID.com. "The prophecy is 2,000 years old, but it has been impossible for it to come to pass until now. With the invention of the computer and the Internet, this prophecy of buying and selling, using a number, can now be implemented at any time. Has the time for the fulfillment of this prophecy arrived?"

The site asks visitors to sign an online petition vowing not to vote for any candidate who does not commit to repealing the Real ID Act.

The goal, states the site, which is sponsored by Endtime Ministries, is to get 100,000 signatures on the petition.

On the site is a link to purchase a DVD entitled "666 – How Close? Will the National ID Become the Mark of the Beast?"

Americans choosing not to carry a national ID, the site warns, will be prohibited from driving a car, boarding a plane, train or bus, entering any federal building, opening a bank account, or possibly from holding a job.

"This is probably our last chance to head off the mechanism before it is actually implemented as the mark," states the site in the FAQ section. "It truly may be now or never."

The Real ID Act requires states to participate in a federal data-sharing program when issuing driver's licenses, making those licenses de facto national ID cards.

Touted as a tool of the war on terrorism, the ID card provision of the law, which also includes border-security measures, has attracted the most negative attention.

After May 11, 2008, "a federal agency may not accept, for any official purpose, a driver's license or identification card issued by a State to any person unless the State is meeting the requirements" specified in the Real ID Act. While states can issue non-federal ID cards, they would not be accepted by the Transportation Security Administration for travel purposes, grounding those who don't carry federally approved cards.

The data required to be included in each card are, among other things, the person's full legal name, date of birth, gender, driver's license number, a digital photo, the person's address and machine-readable technology so the information can be ready easily by government or banking personnel.

Each state must agree to share the data on the cards with every other state.

Supporters of the law say it does not require a "national" ID card because each state issues its own cards, not the federal government. But detractors note the cards are virtual national IDs since the federal law has dictated what data must be included and that each state must share its database with the others.

The New Hampshire Senate yesterday voted to reject a bill to rebel against the Real ID system and not participate in a pilot program for which the state had been tapped. The state House of Representatives passed the measure last month, but the Senate instead voted to study the driver's license requirements.

U.S. Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H., is urging his home state to give Real ID a try, saying it's needed to keep terrorists and illegal aliens from entering the country.

According to the Manchester Union Leader, Gregg argues that New Hampshire residents will find it difficult to get on airplanes or enter federal buildings if New Hampshire doesn't embrace Real ID.

Groups opposed to the Real ID Act are making strange bedfellows, with Christians like those running NoNationalID.com fighting on the same side with the American Civil Liberties Union, which sponsors the website RealNightmare.org.

The ACLU site decries the fact that a motor vehicles department staff person will be required to ask for immigration-status papers from those applying for driver's licenses.

"REAL ID will inevitably cause discrimination against U.S. citizens who may 'look' or 'sound' foreign to a DMV bureaucrat," states the site. "REAL ID requires DMV employees to decide whether someone is a citizen or foreigner before issuing a driver's license. The law demands that DMV bureaucrats distinguish among citizens, permanent resident immigrants and other non-citizens in deciding who is eligible for a license and what type of license may be issued.

"Based on past experience when similar requirements were imposed on employers, widespread discrimination resulted against citizens who 'looked' or 'sounded' foreign."

The civil-liberties group also slams a requirement of the law that some immigrants be issued a temporary "tier-two" license that has a prominent expiration date.

U.S. governors also have come out against the law, saying it is a huge unfunded mandate imposed on the nation's states.

The National Conference of State Legislatures is equally opposed to the Real ID Act, saying, "Federal legislators and rule makers are negating state driver's license security efforts, imposing difficult-to-comply-with mandates and limiting their flexibility to address new concerns as they arise. In other words, decades of state experience is being substituted for a 'command and control regime' from a level of government that has no driver's license regulatory experience."

Endtime Ministries' Irvin Baxter, a radio host, believes the national ID is a precursor to the forced embedding of radio-frequency chips under the skin.

Baxter told the Concord, N.H., Monitor: "That's where we are headed right now. The prophecy states that you will have to receive a mark on your hand or in your forehead."

Hummmmmmm guess that will slow a lot of people down, huh?
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

The Real ID is close enough to the Mark of the Beast. I fought Hard Against it while so many were for it.

The Real ID's information will be shared with Mexico and Canada.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/NOHR418/petition.html

This is part of the CFR's Plan for a North American Community.
    http://www.cfr.org/content/publications ... _final.pdf

No more borders. More like an EU Nation. This will be used like a North American Passport.

The Real ID needs to be challenged and repealed
    http://writ.news.findlaw.com/leavitt/20050509.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Wait, I'm having a problem with understanding this. One of our gripes is that the illegals acquire and use false documents. They get welfare and driver's licenses by this phoney matricula card etc. Now we shouldn't want REAL ID implemented? Not sure where I stand on the issue presented, but the subject of the post takes us off the illegal immigration track.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

I am against it - not for religious reasons, although they might be correct.

We don't need a national ID. There is no such thing as an ID that can't be copied or forged. Anything one person can develop, another can copy.

To say that it will help with the illegal alien problem really makes no sense.
    It isn't that hard to identify illegals - it really isn't.

This government, for decades now, hasn't even tried to identify illegals. How do they know our present system won't work?

This is not about illegals - not about security - it is about control - period.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JustSayNo
    Wait, I'm having a problem with understanding this. One of our gripes is that the illegals acquire and use false documents. They get welfare and driver's licenses by this phoney matricula card etc. Now we shouldn't want REAL ID implemented? Not sure where I stand on the issue presented, but the subject of the post takes us off the illegal immigration track.

If it were as simple as helping to stop the false ID's the illegals are using that would be great. We have the (SAVE Program) Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements program that is in place now. Employers can check the status of those who apply for jobs. They could use this system to force all employers to check the status of an employee. They could tie it in with the Social Security’s system to make sure there are not duplicates being used.

This ID card is going to be used as a National ID. The CFR is trying to make one country out of the United States Canada & Mexico by 2010. Read this http://www.cfr.org/content/publications ... _final.pdf

That is why when the Real ID is put in place that everyone’s records will be shared with Mexico and Canada.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/NOHR418/petition.html Do you trust your private information in the hads of the Government of another country?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Very dangerous territory here with such an ID system. Anyone with deep religious beliefs in the prophecy of the "Mark of the Beast" who choose not to accept the ID will go from being legal citizens into illegal aliens over night.

Religious beliefs for many are as such: The majority will accept the "mark of the beast" while those who are "chosen" will NOT. There will be very few who don't accept the mark. Further, the Christian bible states very few will ever truly enter into the Kingdom of Heaven because the rest off humanity and even Christians will have laid in bed with the beast in total obedience. Therefore, anyone who accepts the "mark of the beast" in the form of an identifying number will not continue on in a life after this one on Earth is done.

The Judeo-Christian belief systems both have this prophecy, but I'm not sure if any others have anything similar to it.

Fact is - I'd rather err on the side of NOT participating in such an identification system. It would be better to starve and die than to be caught with such an identification in the end. So it looks like myself and others will become illegal aliens starting in 2008.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

National ID Card

America doesn't need a national ID card. Instead, close the borders and allow entry only at certain points (remember Ellis Island?). International flights to USA would require an American INS agent at the foreign nation's DEPARTING terminal. False ID cards are easy to manufacture -- illegals have been doing it for decades. National ID cards will cost US taxpayers a fortune, and how many of us can stand in line in person (as the bill proposes) in order to obtain such a card? Can your elderly grandmother do that? Probably not, but she'd have to, based on what I've read.

We need control of our borders and we need to greatly limit the entrances into our country. We would have the money to enact such a plan if the money being spent to provide services to illegals was curtailed.

No ID card. Besides, ID cards would lead to more potential identity thefts,
    and why do I have to prove my legal status? I'm not the problem! The Universities and College campuses pose a GREAT risk, they should have to prove their students are all legal.
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

I think it does have a lot to do with illegal immigration.

The powers that be are using illegal immigration as an excuse to do this. They are wrapping a very insidious agenda up in the lofty ideals of 'identifying illegals'.

If the laws were enforced, the problem would be solved. Just one more very compelling reason to clear this thing up.

When I was a child and into my adult years, when I read or heard about the atrocities suffered by the Jewish people under Hitler, I always asked, "Why didn't they just leave."

I now think I know the answer - that was their home. It was just as simple as that.

Not to sure where one could go anyway --------
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I or none of my family will except this ID either, do you really think it would stop the influx of invaders? No, but it would mark the rest of us legal law abiding citizens! I guess then I will be melting into the shadows.Anybody care to join me there? I am no far right radical fanitical nut,BUT, I was raised by a good christian mom who told us kids this story or read it out of the bible, for some reason, I choose to believe my mom and my God, then to believe anything my government tells me right now.If nothing else just on principal I will refuse it, I was always one who cut off his nose just for the principal of the thing.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

KickEmOut, I said I thought you would be an asset to our site and your post just proved it.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast