Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb
    True, Rick.

That is also a commonplace situation.

In that scenario, if the contractor pays by check, and withholds 'taxes', then I would think those 'taxes' go right into the contractor's pocket vice the employer's pocket.

And, a lot of that contractor involvement is nothing more than to allow the employer claim they aren't guilty of anything--they blame it on the contractor.

The saddest part of all this, is that in smaller businesses the contractors and the employers are our neighbors. They're cutting our throats, to make an unethical profit.
    You got that right.Here's another example;25 years ago my girlfriend at the times grandfather was from Mexico.At least once a month family members would sneak over and stay at the house for a few days.Usually it would be an entire family:both parents,bunch of kids.Her family would charge their own family $100 per person per night.On the one hand-shouldn't come here if you can't play hardball.On the other-there are so many different hands in the pot that it's almost untrackable.

I want to point out that it is very, very expensive to run a political campain. Business Money is the way those campains are financed. If we don't make an effort to change that, it will continue.

Tom Tancredo is running for President right now. There is a petition out there on him, and it would be worth while to sign it. But critical point here: he seems to be doing it on the web. IF he can continue that process, with you and I passing flyers out in the mall, that man could be elected without all the big bucks from the lobby groups.

Is there anyone out there who doesn't think that we are being watched as we discuss lobby efforts on Congress. We are!

Is there anyone out there who doesn't think the Mexican Government doesn't have an open check book to maintain the status quo? You better believe they do.
    ============================

You and I, friends, had better do a real good job of lobbing, because we are on a list. Lets get someone elected who will take us off the list.

On the other hand, if we let things go the way they are, Mexico is going to be a great place to live because all the poor people will be in the United States.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12