Senator Baucus talks a good game but when it comes to voting he's against the Vitter Amendment? Below is the letter he sent me regarding a Letter I sent him blasting him for not supporting the Vitter Amendment. I hope you Montana people read this and see how two faced he is and vote him out.

Dear Bruce:

Thank you for getting in touch regarding our nation's immigration policies. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.
As you know, immigration involves both our national and economic security. It is vitally important that we tackle the problem of illegal immigration. As a part of that effort, we must beef up enforcement efforts on the nation's borders.
Montana's vast border with Canada presents a unique challenge for border security. The threat from potential terrorists and drug runners is even more of a concern along Montana's high line precisely because all eyes are on the southern border.
In June of this year , the Senate considered S. 1348, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007. I supported a number of amendments to this legislation which strengthened our nation's immigration enforcement policies, including one which would increase the immigration-related penalties associated with criminal activities. I also voted for an amendment to require the enforcement of existing border security and immigration laws before considering legislation to legalize any individuals currently living in the United States.
We need legislation that provides adequate border security and that does not give a mnesty to illegal immigrants . I did not vote for S. 1348 because it did not meet these standards.
Ultimately, the Senate did not invoke cloture on S. 1348 because it did not adequately address the complexities of our immigration problem.
I am also strongly opposed to giving Social Security benefits to illegal immigrants. Current law bars illegal immigrants from receiving S ocial S ecurity benefits. On July 19th of this year, I vo ted for Senate Amendment 2355, which preserves the integrity of the Social Security system by ensuring that individuals do not receive S ocial S ecurity credit for work done illegally.
We need to work to continue to prevent illegal immigration by protecting our borders. And we must crack down on businesses who hire illegal immigrants using phony Social Security numbers. Social Security benefits should only go to American citizens and those legally authori zed to receive Social Security.
Please rest assured that I take the immigration debate very seriously. Nothing is more important than our nation's security. Please rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind as immigration issues come before me in the United States Senate.
Thanks again for getting in touch, and please don't hesitate to contact me in the future with additional questions or concerns.

With best personal regards, I am

Senator Max Baucus

Where I come from this is called playing Duck and Dodge. Evade the question by talking about something else. Its time for some real politicians that will listen to the Legal United States Citizens. Im looking forward to next November.