Many stories have been circulating attemting to connect Sarah Palin to Pat Buchanan. For people still hoping that Sarah Palin is a Buchananite: She is not!!

http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/2008090 ... n_politics

Obama advisers and surrogates have linked Palin to conservative former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan. An Associated Press story from Alaska, dated July 17, 1999, stated that Palin, then the mayor of the small town of Wasilla, was wearing a Buchanan button during a Buchanan visit to Alaska.

But in a letter to the Anchorage Daily News a week later, Palin wrote: "When presidential candidates visit our community, I am always happy to meet them. I'll even put on their button when handed one as a polite gesture of respect. ... The article may have left your readers with the perception that I am endorsing this candidate, as opposed to welcoming his visit to Wasilla."

Voter registration records and past news reports, however, show Palin never registered as a member of the Independence Party, and backed Steve Forbes' presidential campaign in 2000, not Buchanan.

McCain spokesman Michael Goldfarb disputed Buchanan's claim, saying Palin supported Forbes in 1996 as well.

My intention here is not to simply throw her out squarely based on her non-support of Pat. Its just that this has been blogged about a lot on the net, including here at ALIPAC. Her support for Pat would be a strong argument in favor of us supporting her. Since this is not the case, it can not be used. I understand that immigration was/is not really a priority for Alaska, but the fact is that Steve Forbes was an open borders advocate. Buchanan was popular in Alaska, winning their primary in 1996. She certainly knew who he was, and did not support him....unless the McCain camp is lying. In either case, it shows no current association with Buchanan.

The Buchanan thing can be thrown out.

We still need to know what her position is.