Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Register Republican ASAP, Forget Independent Registration

I am afraid the Dobbs movement to ask people to register independent might have come back to bite us in the rear and might be what puts McCain as the nominee. There are many primaries that independents cannot vote in either the republican or democratic contest.

If you can change your registration from independent back to republican, do so immediately so you can vote for either Romney or Paul. We have to stop the McCain/Clinton machine from winning the white house.

MW
    Dianne wrote:

I am afraid the Dobbs movement to ask people to register independent might have come back to bite us in the rear and might be what puts McCain as the nominee.
    I know it has.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned

Re: Register Republican ASAP, Forget Independent Registratio

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    I am afraid the Dobbs movement to ask people to register independent might have come back to bite us in the rear and might be what puts McCain as the nominee. There are many primaries that independents cannot vote in either the republican or democratic contest.

If you can change your registration from independent back to republican, do so immediately so you can vote for either Romney or Paul. We have to stop the McCain/Clinton machine from winning the white house.
    I think its a bit late for this now

Don't you need like 29 days before a primary?

I asked this time before I registered because it happened to me before. Unless they change the law in a couple of days I'll be ok this time around.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Didn't McCain just win in states where Independents can vote? I've heard it said many times on the major networks that McCain is doing well with Independent voters and they do not feel he will fare as well in states where only GOP can vote.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Independants were not supposed to be able to vote in the Fla primary yesterday - only republicans or dems. That means mcamnesty won without independant votes.

independants voted in Florida

20% of GOP votes cast by non-Republicans? Updated
    By Michelle Malkin • January 30, 2008 01:13 AM

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/30/20 ... publicans/

The fact that many people who registered as Indpendents didn't know that in some states, like FL, you can't vote for a nomineee in the primaries unless registered to a particular party is a situation that has put McCain in a better position. Many people who were Repbulicans but tired of the party's direction decided to change to Indpendents without researching how that would affect their ability to vote in the primaries. If those Republicans had stayed as registered Republicans in a state like FL, McCain probably would not have won the FL primary (although, he may have due to Gov. Crist's endorsement).

This just shows us that you have to do your research when deciding to make party affiliation changes just as you would when making other important decisions. Registered Independents should do that due diligence work now to make sure they can vote in closed primary states.
    <div>"The making of an American begins at the point where he himself rejects all other ties, any other history, and himself adopts the vesture of his adopted land."**
    -James Baldwin, American Writer</div>

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaOnMyMind
    Independants were not supposed to be able to vote in the Fla primary yesterday - only republicans or dems. That means mcamnesty won without independant votes.
    I am still in a state of disbelieve that McCain won. This defies all of the polls about the immigration issue and his record. I am very suspicious about this whole situation... especially in Florida of all places.

Lou Dobbs is not the cause. He is the effect. Lou is responding to the people. There is already a natural trend in motion fueling independent registration.

The growth in independent registration has been growing for years and has been escalating in the last year in reaction to the war and people like McCain pushing Amnesty.

I think that the votes that Huckabee is stripping from Romney and to some degree the voters that are with Paul that would be likely Romney supporters are a bigger factor than independents.

W

Banned
    "I think that the votes that Huckabee is stripping from Romney and to some degree the voters that are with Paul that would be likely Romney supporters are a bigger factor than independents."

I agree William

Most of our orgs are still strong for Paul and will continue
    to do so

Romney got a lot of the Evangelicals in Florida so
    Huck is a factor also

Keep in mind that even if all the Paul supporters would have
    been for Romney it wouldn't have been enough , but with
    a portion of the Huck voters also we might have done it

Its going to be a scary week ahead and if we can't
    force the msm to start carrying at least the Juan Hernandez
    story , we are cooked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast