Comments are being left at the source link.
~~~

Posted on Sat, Aug. 09, 2008
Relief from bailouts and illegals
last updated: August 08, 2008 09:32:21 PM

The letter "Banks jerk homeowners around" (Aug. 2), which says people got into loans they would have never been approved for, is ridiculous. How many of these home buyers knew they were getting in over their heads? Many -- and they didn't care. Now they want me, who has paid my mortgage payment, to bail them out. Where is my relief? I have two kids in college; can I get a bailout? When I went to get my mortgage, I had to have proof of my income -- not what I expected my income to become in two to five years.

We live in a state that is paying billions to fund programs for illegal aliens, and The Bee and government don't care -- just give them more, as in a right to vote. The Bee is guilty in loving illegal aliens. It doesn't print it when these people are guilty of a crime; they are guilty the day they step into our country illegally.

In articles about car accidents where there are questionable people involved, The Bee ignores it. Why don't you help the state budget and report illegal aliens in your articles?

MIKE CRAIN

Modesto

http://www.modbee.com/opinion/letters/story/386113.html