May 29, 2007

Dear Mr. TyRANTosaur,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the English Language Unity Act. I appreciate hearing from you on such an important issue.

As you may already know, HR 997, the English Language Unity Act of 2007, was introduced by Representative Steve King. If passed, this bill would declare English as the official language of the United States. To this extent, it would require the official functions of the United States to be conducted in English. This bill also requires a uniform English language rule for U.S. naturalization, and all naturalization ceremonies to be conducted in English.

This bill has been referred to the House Committees on Judiciary and Education and Workforce. While I do not sit on these committees, I will be sure to share your thoughts with my colleagues who do.

Thank you again for contacting me. If I can ever be of assistance in the future, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Chet

IN THE FIRST PLACE, MR. EDWARDS WAS NOT OF ANY ASSISTANCE THIS TIME. HOWEVER, I GUESS IF HE DOES NOT ACKNOWLEDGE WHETHER OR NOT HE SUPPORTS THE IDEA, THEN HE MUST BE AGAINST THE IDEA. SECOND, HOW IN THE HECK DOES A LIBERAL DEMOCRAT LIKE HIM KEEP GETTING ELECTED RIGHT SMACK-DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF CONSERVATIVE TEXAS. HE'S JUST A REALLY GOOD SNAKE-OIL SALESMAN, I GUESS.